Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying online with credit card

Options
  • 18-06-2011 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

I'm hoping to make a large (for me) purchase from a UK company that makes bespoke sofas and I will be using Mastercard (BOI). I have researched this company and seen many (mostly positive) reviews online, so hopefully all will be okay.
    I know there is 'equal liability' under consumer legislation in UK for purchases over £100 should a firm go bust or fail to deliver the goods and would like to know if this is the same here in Ireland and if it also fully covers purchases made online? Is there a particular piece of ROI legislation that covers this? I'm just trying to be careful here.
    Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the company goes bust or fails to deliver the goods you can do a chargeback on the credit card so you're pretty well covered. You shouldn't need to fall back on any consumer legislation.

Advertisement