Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble installing Powerchute

• 18-06-2011 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

I have an APC SmartUPS 1500 rack UPS but having trouble installing Powerchute Business Edition 9.

Installed fine on the server (Server 2003 Enterprise) but can't get the agent onto other Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2000 Pro machines.

It's an InstallSheild error:

Error Code: -5009 : 0x80040702
    Error Information:
    >Kernel\ObjectWrapper.cpp (162)
    >Kernel\ObjectWrapper.cpp (557)
    >Kernel\Component.cpp (1275)
    >Kernel\CABFile.cpp (436)
    >SetupNew\setup.cpp (831)
    PAPP:APC PowerChute Business Edition Agent
    PVENDOR:APC
    PGUID:BCE9F441-9027-4911-82E0-5FB28057897D
    $16.0.0.400
    @Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (2195)
    IE Version: 6.0.2800.1106

Google give many people with many different apps having the same problem. There are a few suggestions, not many, none of which worked.

The developers provide no consumer support. consumer.installshield.com is supposed to provide support for consumers but it useless, broken links all over the place, and no contacts. According to that site InstallShield can only be updated via their Update Manager, which is not available due to a broken link. Anyone know how I could go about updating InstallSheild maually? I did try copying the InstallShield folder from c:\program files\common files\ on the Server 2003 machine but that gave the same error.

Or is there different software that I could use?

Comments

Advertisement