Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Impossible Astronaut

• 18-06-2011 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Ok well with the end of the 1st half of the series i'm gonna throw it open to wild accusations who the astronaut is.

well i dont think its River. The doctor said Amy was gone before america so it was the ganger who seen the doctor die or it cud have been an elaborate show with canton and the doctor for the ganger Amy

well what you guys think and who u think it cud be?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

I don't think it's River either. I know there was the comment about her killing "a hero to many" but it's too obvious. It may be someone else wearing the suit. Doesn't the Doctor speculate that the Silence may have orchestrated the space race simply to get humanity to make a space suit? Maybe this has something to do with the eventual shooting of the Doctor. Also Canton seems a little nonchalant about the whole affair; I don't think he plotted against the Doctor but he may know more than he's letting on (maybe even in collaboration with the Doctor himself).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Well, if we think logically about it, River/Melody escaped from the spacesuit in 1969, so chances are its not her at least. Its also a curious thing that Amy asked whether he was a duplicate or clone in the moments after his death, when she herself was one at the time. I'm sure when this series is resolved it'll be a very very clever explanation anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

I'm sure when this series is resolved it'll be a very very clever explanation anyway.
    That or we get wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't think it's river in the suit. Ive no idea who it could be mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dr.Reid

I don't think it's her either because in the episode River said that you can't go back in you own timeline without creating a paradox and if it was River there would have been two versions of her in the same place. I reckon this arc will turn out to be all wibbly wobbly (and brilliant).

• Advertisement
Advertisement