Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postponing WHV Aus?

Options
  • 18-06-2011 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey,

I have been in Oz just under a month and unfortunately have to go home as a family member is ill. The time period I'll be at home is based on what happens so could be home for quite a while.

I have heard a rumour that if you have been in Aus for less than a certain period of time you can postpone your visa under certain circumstances? Does anyone have any experience with this? Or once you've entered is that it?

Any help or contacts would be great.

Enjoy every moment of your travels, it can all change with one phone call.

thanks, lilirish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

I feel your pain. The same happened to us few years ago when gf's dad became ill. Living the dream, about to get sponsored and live on great ocean road, 2 days later we are sitting on M50 on way from airport.

I heard same rumor back then but when checked it out it was a no-go. I was told once you enter on WHV there's no way to stop the clock on it, that was couple of years ago so not sure if anything has changed since then. It's was clearly written on terms of visa so if you check out the immi site you should find out for sure.

Hope it all works out for you anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Sorry, but Jackboy is right, that's just a rumour, unfortunately there is no postponing the visa.

Advertisement