Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my rights? Smokers, and no working smoke alarm..

Options
  • 18-06-2011 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi,

I need your advice here. I have moved into a house with 3 others, they are all smokers. Smoking upstairs, and downstairs. I was not told they were smokers by the landlord. Of course they also have the smoke alarm battery taken out, this means, if there was a fire (which is likely because they all smoke) I would probably die, because no alarm is working to wake me up.

Surely it's my right to have a working smoke alarm in the house? Also I get asthmatic when around cigarette smoke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Buy a smoke alarm and put it in your bedroom or tell the landlord you're moving out due to reasons you've outlined here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Just put a battery in.

Don't think cigarette smoke will set of a smoke alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Tehachapi

I'd get out of there if it's a possibility, living with smokers is disgusting and will affect your health too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Keith186 wrote: »
    Don't think cigarette smoke will set of a smoke alarm.

True.

Did you not smell the smoke before you moved in OP?

Advertisement