Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Laois Razz

Options
  • 18-06-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Going on the Razz in Port Laoise next weekend,Where are the spots to hit,Or not.Hear Coppers & BarMondays are good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Actually those are two spots in town that I'd avoid like the plague, but that's just me. Don't really have anywhere to recommend in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Actually those are two spots in town that I'd avoid like the plague, but that's just me. Don't really have anywhere to recommend in town.

Would agree - just start at top of town and work your way down,staying where you're happy- everyone has different tastes,and each pub has it's own crowd, I go where the mood takes me on the night,am sure others are the same.

(Of course,if you're buying we'll all come along and be your personal pub guides:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Going on the Razz in Port Laoise next weekend,Where are the spots to hit,Or not.Hear Coppers & BarMondays are good

U might like em Joe but I wouldnt set foot in either, thats just my opinion though. I'd recommend Lethean, Cloisters and on a good day, Kavanagh's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Veles wrote: »
    Has BarMonday's reopened?:eek:

Didn't know it was closed? Not that it matters. Never going there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Barmondays is open again under new management again, and thank god they got rid of that silly smoking room inside the front window and have reverted it back to seating.
    Back to the OP - depending on what kinda night your looking for it could be a multitude of pubs you could be after. But here goes::
    For live music - Square Bar at the top of the town or Cloisters down the town are the best - Sallys is pretty good too but a little smaller.
    Quiet pint/ bit of craic- then you'll be looking at Lethean, Kavanaghs or Grellan Delaneys.
    As regards nightclubs, theres just the three - Coppers which is an over 23's late/disco bar, and is huge and always jammed at the weekends - if you're a youngun you'd like Club (behind O'Loughlins Hotel) - its a much younger crowd (school leavers, early college students etc) - and if you really like your dance music maybe Egans down the bottom of the town is the place for you - but it can be a little rough sometimes.

*this is all assuming that you're under 30 of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Freyja

Veles wrote: »
    Has BarMonday's reopened?:eek:

Yeah re-opened under new management....the new guy there has many years experience in the Bar Trade and from what I hear its gonna be re-invented/re-launched with a whole new clientele....so dont rule it out just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Barmondays has reopened under new management, they're booking in plenty of bands etc at the moment, looking like it's gonna be a cracking spot

Advertisement