Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pat shortt upload your fave clips

Options
  • 18-06-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

just wondering who else thinks this man is a comedy genius ? vote on the poll and upload a clip of your fave pat shortt video clip

Go on pa ya boyo :pac:

Is this man a comedy genius 89 votes

Yes I cant get enough of him
    0% 0 votes
    No his humour is not to my taste
    40% 36 votes
    Cant stand the man complete gobsh*te
    19% 17 votes
    he reminds me of a member of my family
    40% 36 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

comedy genius?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

krudler wrote: »
    comedy genius?

Genius (plural geniuses) is something or someone embodying exceptional intellectual ability, creativity, or originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of unprecedented insight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Pat Shortt, fave clips?
    Comedy genius :eek:?
    Does. Not. Fcuking. Compute!

superfish wrote: »
    Genius (plural geniuses) is something or someone embodying exceptional intellectual ability, creativity, or originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of unprecedented insight

so....not Pat Shortt then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Pat Shortt is as funny as a dead goldfish

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

haha, spot on! He's made a career from playing the same bogger character type, even that bloody 22-2-2-2-2 add is the same as usual. No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

pat shortt upload your fave clips

http://is.gd/9WTPfs

I'm sure a lot will agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Anyone who thinks that Pat Shortt is a comedy genius clearly hasn't got a fucking clue about comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I like the ad where he goes "22 22 22... 1890 22 22 22"..

.. that sort of comedy could rival Carlin or Hicks tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I think he's funny, but that's because I'm from Tipperary. I don't really see how you would if you weren't tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

I dont know how you can not watch the travelers clip or this one and not get a giggle out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't get me wrong.. D'Unbelievables were amazing (as a pair)..

.. but Pat Shortt (as an individual) is meh (although he did impress me HUGELY in 'Garage')!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Justin1982

just wondering who else thinks this man is a comedy genius ? vote on the poll and upload a clip of your fave pat shortt video clip

Go on pa ya boyo :pac:

I'll agree with you. Some of the stuff Pat Shortt did in D'Unbelieveables and on his own was class. You'd probably only get it if your from the country for some reason.
    Townie types hate him and if your a D4 head you probably wont know who he is. They'd be too busy watching dirt comedy like "Friends" and enjoying the usual brain dead sanitized humour that gets played on TV. They probably have a picture of Bill Cosbie up on their wall as well. In fairness I'm being harsh on Bill. Family guy ripping the piss out of him probably made his existence worth while :D

Pat has done some muck recently though I'll admit. A lot of the Killinaskully stuff was muck but then again its aimed at a certain audience. Still I loved the scene where Pa charged the young fella ten euro for the oversized candy floss after he was on the mobile phone.

So yeah I'm going to put Pat's early work up there with some of the best comedy I've seen from America or Britain or Auz.
    Do most comedians seem to just go **** when they get a little bit older or what? Seems to be the case.

Back of the church is ok in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

I dont know how you can not watch the travelers clip or this one and not get a giggle out of it

I love this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Tehachapi

Ya looter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

mstan wrote: »

John Kennys reaction at the end of that has me in stitches every single time:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Justin1982 wrote: »
    Townie types hate him and if your a D4 head you probably wont know who he is. They'd be too busy watching dirt comedy like "Friends" and enjoying the usual brain dead sanitized humour that gets played on TV. They probably have a picture of Bill Cosbie up on their wall as well.

Bizarre.

• Advertisement

Justin1982 wrote: »
    Townie types hate him and if your a D4 head you probably wont know who he is. They'd be too busy watching dirt comedy like "Friends" and enjoying the usual brain dead sanitized humour that gets played on TV. They probably have a picture of Bill Cosbie up on their wall as well. In fairness I'm being harsh on Bill. Family guy ripping the piss out of him probably made his existence worth while :D

Reverse bogger snobbery? there's a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Bruce
    Carlin
    Hicks
    Shortt

bonerm wrote: »
    Bruce
    Carlin
    Hicks
    Shortt

Byrne (Jason)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks that Pat Shortt is a comedy genius clearly hasn't got a fucking clue about comedy.

Clearly, pat short is a ****ing potato.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

He has his comedy moments but this was genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

mikom wrote: »
    Byrne (Jason)

Henry (Lenny)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Father... I killed a man

He was only ever funny in Father Ted when he was reading lines somebody else wrote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Justin1982

Bizarre.
    Yeah, it worries me as well. I think this is the result of watching too much Pat Shortt, Sarah Silverman and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oubnr-4_RCo in the last 24 hours. One shouldnt mix certain things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Personally don't find him funny one bit - in fact totally irritating with stupid, silly, cheap humour you'd expect from an brainless idiot (and even then its not funny).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

He can be funny, but couldn't watch a full stand up show with him. He is way too repetitive, and puts on the same accent in every skit but just dresses differently. Can get very annoying.

Advertisement