Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pat shortt upload your fave clips

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

You need a "He was better in D'Unbelievables" option ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I enjoyed him when he was Tom but that's about it.

Tom: Father! I've killed a man.
    Ted: Er, well, we'll talk about that later, Tom. Right now, I'm going to be on the telly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Ahhh.....

I got confused and thought you meant Pat Sharp.

Now that was great tv!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

This is the funniest thing he's ever done. I think he's legit locked. Kenny can't hold in the laughter at all.

I won't drink tea no Joe, I never drank tae, I'll have a small Powers, get me started.

Bit a beetroot.

Abroad in Hassets Field.

'Tis gone dry Joe.

When I think what they did to that man in front of his wife and chidren. Tore the socks offa him with a bayonet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Tehachapi wrote: »
    Ya ludar!
    fyp, lúdramán

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

flahavaj wrote: »
    This is the funniest thing he's ever done. I think he's legit locked. Kenny can't hold in the laughter at all.

I won't drink tea no Joe, I never drank tae, I'll have a small Powers, get me started.

Bit a beetroot.

Abroad in Hassets Field.

'Tis gone dry Joe.

When I think what they did to that man in front of his wife and chidren. Tore the socks offa him with a bayonet.
    tis the oul army training :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Pat Shortt is as funny as a dead goldfish

How did the goldfish die? was it in an amusing way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Ahhh.....

I got confused and thought you meant Pat Sharp.

Now that was great tv!

He used to do a music show where he take viewer requests over the phone and he'd send this fella running out the back to a garden shed to find the video tapes of the particular tune. It was done against the clock so the fella had to leg it and often didn't find the tape.

I'd love to get some actual video of it in action. Most people don't remember it and usually think I was on drugs at the time when I describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Genius or not a genius? Comedy is a subjective experience for all of us and therefore a matter of opinion. So arguments over whether someone is a comic genius or not, is both irrelevant and futile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Justin1982

Genius or not a genius? Comedy is a subjective experience for all of us and therefore a matter of opinion. So arguments over whether someone is a comic genius or not, is both irrelevant and futile.

True. But we should be able to all agree that Jason Byrne is the most annoying, unfunny donkey that ever came onto the Irish comedy scene.........He just goes around being annoying and doing **** that anyone else could do if they didnt make any effort.......Swear to god!......Jason Byrne.....Grrrr....if I had a bucket of p*iss!

Best Pat Shortt sketch by the way was when he was on his own after D'Unbelieveables. He was pretending to be at a wedding party, helping his puppet to get sick outside the hotel due to food poisoning.

Puppet: "F*uckin sea food salad!......And we in the middle of a f*uckin bog!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Biggest problem with Shortt is Kilinascully, it's completely tarnished the fact that with D'Unbelievables and in his solo stuff immediately following he was bloody hilarious, his repetitive sides were no different to any other stand up in volume. Kilinascully though, catering to a broad audience and dumbing the comedy right down, appallingly so. Mattie was even worse then.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

was on the view last night good enough with some good clips from the past(any1 have clips of the earlier stuff thats not on youtube) Agree he was better with jon kenny than on his own/killinaskully

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1101811

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

I love Pat Shortt and the D'unbelievables. I think that Kilnaskully was ****e, but loved his stuff with Jon Kenny.

I think its because I know too many people like the characters they portray.

Love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

bonerm wrote: »
    He used to do a music show where he take viewer requests over the phone and he'd send this fella running out the back to a garden shed to find the video tapes of the particular tune. It was done against the clock so the fella had to leg it and often didn't find the tape.

I'd love to get some actual video of it in action. Most people don't remember it and usually think I was on drugs at the time when I describe it.

was that not the dj kat show on sky when it was not owned by news corp
    for our younger members sky coming to Ireland via cableink was akin to Ireland landing on the moon
    we only had rte 1/2 bbc 1/2 and c4 weather permitting ( look out your window now)
    the stuff on sky then was cheap cheap cheap but loved it !!
    any one else remember it ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWOoLpiw1PI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlR0laKVGuI

Advertisement