Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to report someome stealing electricty

Options
  • 18-06-2011 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

I have recently noticed some ESB poles with fuses on them, I suspect that someone maybe stealing elecetricity from them. How do I go about reporting this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Of course there are fuses on ESB poles, they are to protect the the MV/LV transformers that are mounted on poles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Of course there are fuses on Mv/Lv poles. If you have anything further to go on then phone ESB Networks at 1850 372999

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mr_Hat wrote: »
    I have recently noticed some ESB poles with fuses on them, I suspect that someone maybe stealing elecetricity from them. How do I go about reporting this

Its impossible to know what the setup is with that little info. If you can get a picture of the pole/setup in question it would be a lot easier to say. It would be esb networks you ring to report it, but im not sure I would without looking at it properly first, as you could be just wasting someone's time. Either way not really anything to do with electric ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Mr_Hat wrote: »

Hi Mr Hat,

As the above users have pointed out, this would be an ESB Networks issue. If you have reason to suspect that the supply is being illegally tampered with, you should contact them directly (details here).

From what you have said, I see no cause for alarm. I would take on board the advice of bassey, Srameen and Davy, and if you still think there is an anomaly with the pole in question, Networks would appreciate you getting in touch with as much detail as possible.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

I have seen phone wires going into a house, I think they are robbing conversations. Who do I report this to, Comreg?

• Advertisement
Advertisement