Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling without passport.

Options
  • 18-06-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I hope I've selected the right forum within which to post this thread - Mods please reposition if I've picked the wrong thread, thanks.

My question relates to travelling between the UK (specifically Glasgow/Edinburgh) and Ireland and the documentation required in order to do so.

My passport is about expire and while I'm getting it replaced I would like to travel between the uk and Ireland. Is this possible with say my driving licence? And if so, what does one do at passport control in Dublin airport?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nahgoet

Hi

I'm also in Edinburgh! The only time you will need a passport to travel between UK and Ireland is if you want to travel with Ryanair. As Ireland and UK are part of a common travel area (outside of Schengen area) all you need is photo ID e.g. driving licence, student card etc. Aer Lingus don't require a passport

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

Excellent - just what I hoped - many thanks for that!

Advertisement