Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gun!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I made the move from .22lr to .17hmr a few months back and i have never looked back. i use it for bunnies and have dropped them at a 100 yards no problem. i bought a second hand marlin 917vs it has a seven round mag and i find the bolt action very smooth it is very accurate. i use a .22 sak moddy and it works well. i use horndy 17gr vmax bullets and they are fantastic on bunnies prices range from 16 to 20 euro depending on where you buy them. i think its a great set up for bunnies but havent tried it on foxes.

tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭robbie mars

hey shane i made the move from a 22 wmr to a 22 lr bolt action in a cz 452 and am having much more fun with it rounds are cheap 500 eley subsonics for 65 euro and am busting bunnies at 140 no problems just thought that might help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

another advantage of having the .17hmr or .22mag over the .22lr is if your out and spot a fox them they will do alot better than the .22lr and you can cleanly kill a fox at 120 yards with them.

the only thing you are missing out on is how quite the .22 with subs and a mod is

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MKC1

garv123 wrote: »
    another advantage of having the .17hmr or .22mag over the .22lr is if your out and spot a fox them they will do alot better than the .22lr and you can cleanly kill a fox at 120 yards with them.

the only thing you are missing out on is how quite the .22 with subs and a mod is
    Exactly! I have a .22wmr and I wouldnt change it.Great for the bunnies out to 150 and if you happen to meet the fox,no problem out to 120. Dont know much about the .17hmr but would imagine the magnum carries a bit more stopping power.I use CCI maxi mag +v.Find them very accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

MKC1 wrote: »
    Exactly! I have a .22wmr and I wouldnt change it.Great for the bunnies out to 150 and if you happen to meet the fox,no problem out to 120. Dont know much about the .17hmr but would imagine the magnum carries a bit more stopping power.I use CCI maxi mag +v.Find them very accurate!

thats what my mate uses and findss it a cracking little round too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement