Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night vision

Options
  • 18-06-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'm looking at the chance of importing some nv monoculars from china, so I'm asking what people would want if they were thinking of buying and what they would think was value for money for gen1, also if anyone has a monocular, if i get a sample one sent could i test it against theirs to see how it performs. I'm in roscommon.thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

WolfShadow,
    How much are you looking to spend? In my opinion, if you are not going to throw down some serious cash, you'll be disappointed.

There is not much middle ground in night vision. When it comes to regular glass scopes, there is.

For example, you can buy a great scope for €200 or €300 euro, not true of NV.

I have found that most cheaper NV's are complete junk and if you want something good, you had better spend a few thousand, around €3000.

Also, they are getting picky about importing scopes, even glass. The NV's are specifically what they are concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 wolfsshadow

I'm looking to buy to sell on, thats mainly why i'm interested in others opionions, when i decide which ones to buy i'll get some as samples to test, i'm thinking that some people would find them a use in checking area's before lamping, though others might have better ideas for there use from personal experience, i am realistic in realizing you get what you pay for and i have phoned up customs about it, they just told me how much it would cost to import, i'm looking at monoculars not sights though i might look at them later to sell in the uk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 chinglish

I'm looking to buy to sell on, thats mainly why i'm interested in others opionions, when i decide which ones to buy i'll get some as samples to test, i'm thinking that some people would find them a use in checking area's before lamping, though others might have better ideas for there use from personal experience, i am realistic in realizing you get what you pay for and i have phoned up customs about it, they just told me how much it would cost to import, i'm looking at monoculars not sights though i might look at them later to sell in the uk.

Hi Wolfsshadow,

You might want to talk with www.enterthepanda.com. It's an Irish sourcing company based in Beijing. They might be able to help you out.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

@Wolf
    TBH,the Chinese stuff is worse than the Russian stuff..I'm talking Lidil NV here.They knock that stuff out in the EU at about 50/75 euros in a Lidil store,and still rob us by adding another 50 quid on here in Ireland.:rolleyes:

So unless you can get it in and actually undercut a Lidil price,who will buy yours??The Chinese quality control is manky at the best of times,as how can it be good if some lad is turning out 200 a day NV tubes for his bowl of rice??
    I'd consider going 100% the opposite way,and see what could be imported here in good quality NV headsets and monoculars,and possibly reflex sites.You mightnt sell alot of them but in this case quality would beat quantity.
    My 2cents worth.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    @Wolf
    TBH,the Chinese stuff is worse than the Russian stuff..I'm talking Lidil NV here.They knock that stuff out in the EU at about 50/75 euros in a Lidil store,and still rob us by adding another 50 quid on here in Ireland.:rolleyes:

So unless you can get it in and actually undercut a Lidil price,who will buy yours??The Chinese quality control is manky at the best of times,as how can it be good if some lad is turning out 200 a day NV tubes for his bowl of rice??
    I'd consider going 100% the opposite way,and see what could be imported here in good quality NV headsets and monoculars,and possibly reflex sites.You mightnt sell alot of them but in this case quality would beat quantity.
    My 2cents worth.
    I read on other forums that the lidl stuff can be good if you use it in conjunction with a larger infra red illuminator , i don't know though , i was tempted to buy one just for something to mess with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement