Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo v Galway

Options
  • 18-06-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

can anybody confirm when this game is on ? Both sat evening and sun are being mentioned. Thanks!!!!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Throw in 2:30 Sunday 26th. McHale Park, McHale Road Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭bike2wkr

Will Galway bate Mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Not if they have

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvJHPcpyIicTMe8YsQ0awC17I89PhgzSog2m56ym73YWLPQOEf2Q

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Any chance its in HD?

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Any chance its in HD?

I heard that they would be showing some match's in HD for the first time ( i think it was rte )

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I heard that they would be showing some match's in HD for the first time ( i think it was rte )

Yes, they announced weeks ago that RTE HD would be showing matches in HD, but so far they've shown one rugby and one hurling match, both one after one another on the first day, none since

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

i heard its in 3D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PennyLane88

Galway WILL bate mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

did i hear of a 5 euro reduction on ticket prices for this game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

irishgeo wrote: »
    did i hear of a 5 euro reduction on ticket prices for this game?

Yeah, not just this game either. I heard Christy Cooney on the radio yesterday talking about ticket prices and falling attendance numbers. He said the GAA have taken a decision to reduce all championship game prices by €5 up to All Ireland Semi Final. He went on to say however that they're increasing the price of an All Ireland Final ticket by €10 to bring the cost to €80.

When it was put to him that the €5 reduction was a reactive decision based on poor numbers of patrons through the stiles he gave some spin about wanting to ensure that supporters continue to engage with the championship or words to that effect.

In relation to the price increase for the final, his justification was to say that they put on a great show, the high standard of games is such that the price is warranted and that the price is comparable to similar events throughout Europe.

I have no doubt that it costs a lot of money to host any event with 80,000 + but I think it's a cynical move given that they know they'll fill Croke Park for a final anyway. His argument about the high standard of games may well be true when it comes to hurling but I think the standard of football over the past few years has been, to quote Pat Spillane, "puke". I suppose the most obvious comparable event is the FA Cup Final and tickets for that were from £45 to £115, while the Europa League Final in the Aviva last month cost between €50 and €135.

Irrespective of any comparable prices, I think anyone going to the All Ireland Final will be unhappy at the prices, especially if a family is going because then it becomes very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Mayo will BATE Galway!

Got my tickets sent from the GAA office in Ballyhaunis, took laser card too.

Agreed that the ticket prices for all ireland are a bit steep but if mayo get there who cares, (if you can get a ticket never mind tickets)

Tickets for this match still €30 stand, €25 terrace, €5 u-16

https://tickets.ie/event.aspx/tickets/connacht-football-senior-semi-final-mchale-park-castlebar-26-June-2011/2GERT

Season ticket holders free into this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

https://tickets.ie/event.aspx/tickets/connacht-football-senior-semi-final-mchale-park-castlebar-26-June-2011/2GERT

i am not going at them prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

not really free if they've paid for the season ticket tho is it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

milehip1 wrote: »
    not really free if they've paid for the season ticket tho is it?

7 league matches and the 1st two rounds of the championship for 75 euro, thats good value :D

yop wrote: »
    7 league matches and the 1st two rounds of the championship for 75 euro, thats good value :D

If i had to pay for all 9 matchs it would have cost me €165, season ticket cost me €75:)

The Mayo match in full HD on RTE 2 HD tomorrow http://t.co/i7lCsIw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Poor Galway, going to be a sad day to see them lose.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

alex73 wrote: »
    Poor Galway, going to be a sad day to see them lose.

Have you seen Mayo lately? Even though we took them well in the league with P Joyce back I can see a challenge.

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    Have you seen Mayo lately? Even though we took them well in the league with P Joyce back I can see a challenge.

Neither have a hope of beating Roscommon to be fair

Galway didn't Bate Mayo. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Neither have a hope of beating Roscommon to be fair

Wouldn't say that now, all on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

1 point in the second half is a tad low, but a good effort all round! still better luck next year.......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PennyLane88

Galway didn't Bate Mayo. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt Mayo have anything to shout about - they were dire in the 1st half. Both teams were poor, but i was always gonna back Galway, even when i knew they are sh1te this season.

So er.... well done i guess, but beating a poor team is hardly a triumph. :rolleyes:

I doubt Mayo have anything to shout about - they were dire in the 1st half. Both teams were poor, but i was always gonna back Galway, even when i knew they are sh1te this season.

So er.... well done i guess, but beating a poor team is hardly a triumph. :rolleyes:

I wasn't being serious. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭bike2wkr

next year for Galway hopefully!

we have very bad record against Mayo the last 6 /7 years. Still there's players coming through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

I called the match the day before Mayo won. I paid my commiserations to Galway in Advance.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056310156

When is the next game so I can send my regards to the other losing county?

alex73 wrote: »
    I called the match the day before Mayo won. I paid my commiserations to Galway in Advance.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056310156

When is the next game so I can send my regards to the other losing county?

We can wait until the next match. Thanks

Game over now so closing the thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement