Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suzuki oil problem

• 18-06-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

have a bit of a problem here, bought a suzuki gn250 but when i took off the left hand side engine cover to change the stator, there was about a quarter litre of oil in it, i drained off as much as i could but will this casue bother when i run it as in will the clutch be affected?? (bike was not starting when i bought it never heard it running or going)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The GN250 clutch is a wet clutch, it runs in oil.
    Its normal for a lot of 4 stroke bikes to have the stator run in oil, mine is like that, I guess it helps keep the stator at a constant temp and not subject to water.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 irish rwd

great thanks, 10w40 will do the trick i presume. there is a filler hole on top of that left engine cover, but if its a wet clutch would it share the oil off the engine? or does the clutch be filled seperatly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Use motorcycle specific oil. Do not use car oil.
    Because the clutch runs in the oil it needs a special type of oil that won't affect the clutch grab.
    Use normal car 10w40 and you will probably find that you have to drain and maybe clean the plates to stop them slipping.
    The filler is on the right, the left side hole is more likely to be a hole so you can see the markings on the flywheel for TDC.
    You should be able to see a oil capacity sign somewhere on the right case.
    Drain the oil and fill slightly less than the indicated amount. If it says 2000ml fill 1800ml
    Run for a minute or two shut down and check level and add oil to bring it up to the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 irish rwd

great help thanks

Advertisement