Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hobbies/Pastimes for application

Options
  • 18-06-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello,

Im hoping to apply next year for entry into an IT course in UCC but after looking over the tips on applying thread I have a few concerns.

I am a single mother to a preschooler and as a result dont have much time to spare for myself between work and looking after her so I wouldnt have much to say in the hobbies/pastimes section. How important is it that I have these extra activities? I presume playing hide and seek with a child doesnt count :p.

I really need to improve my chances of getting a place and any feedback would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I found that my list of hobbies really helped me in my college interviews. The interviers took an interest and asked me questions on them and I think it gave a good impression that I like to keep busy.
    Don't leave the space blank- think and I'm sure you'll find things, even simple everyday things like "cooking, baking, reading, listening to music, watching films, walking" will do. I have on mine facepainting because my nephews and nieces always want to play dress up when they're in my house! I'm sure there's things you do with them that you can include :)

Advertisement