Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ahhh booklet disasters

• 18-06-2011 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

:eek:oh no my exams seem have been a continuous succession of disasters! only after reading the leaving cert candidate information and it states that candidates are not allowed to tear any pages from their examination booklets. im now preparing to fail my honours irish papers (which i worked very hard 4). i must have tore about 2 or 3 pages out of it due to mistakes and put a bit of selotape on it (and my supervisor said nothing about it btw!)
    well if they take marks off me 4 that then im gonna cry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

What did you do with the pages you tore out? Did you hand them up with the rest of the answer booklet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 xxCookiexx

No the examiner took them off me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

xxCookiexx wrote: »
    No the examiner took them off me...

They may have put it with the rest of your work. It's possible to slip them in and secure everything with a treasury tag. Is there any way you could find out? Is that superintendent still going to be there next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

If you make a mistake draw a clear line through it. Do not just rip out a page. If it is still legible you can get marks for it even if you cross it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 xxCookiexx

Ive finished since a few days ago and wont be going in again..:( . I dont really mind gettin marked down a bit 4 it, but i wouldnt want my exam to be cancelled or something because i "broke one of the rules". thats the only thing im worried about tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Ive finished since a few days ago and wont be going in again..:( . I dont really mind gettin marked down a bit 4 it, but i wouldnt want my exam to be cancelled or something because i "broke one of the rules". thats the only thing im worried about tbh.

Umm if you were worried about it you'd generally go in and try sort it out..

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

I wouldnt worry! Its probably just in the rule book so that they dont get thousands of booklets handed up with teared pieces of paper. Im sure the examiner put it in with the rest of your work like they would with graph paper or something:) dont be worrying:) I cant imagine they'd be taking any marks off for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If you make a mistake draw a clear line through it. Do not just rip out a page. If it is still legible you can get marks for it even if you cross it out.

Well that's a fat lot of help...

You'll be grand OP, so long as the examiner did take it off you it will be noted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

as long as the examiner didn,t put it in the bin your grand

I put an large X through one page in which I quickly changed the qustion at the start. ripping out the page never even crossed my mind.

also all my papers besides maths have a rough work page as the first, where i write down key points for essays as soon as the exam begins, even before reading the exam qustions, I wrote down a few points of what I was cramming before entering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Catacomb

:eek:oh no my exams seem have been a continuous succession of disasters! only after reading the leaving cert candidate information and it states that candidates are not allowed to tear any pages from their examination booklets. im now preparing to fail my honours irish papers (which i worked very hard 4). i must have tore about 2 or 3 pages out of it due to mistakes and put a bit of selotape on it (and my supervisor said nothing about it btw!)
    well if they take marks off me 4 that then im gonna cry.

At the end of the day it will be people marking your exam, I highly douth They'd fail somebody for tearing out pages. They know that people are taking the exams and that people make mistakes, I'm sure there have been loads of other people who ripped out pages while being completly oblivious to "the rules".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It won't lose you any marks, so stop worrying, but your teachers should have told you never to remove pages from answer booklets and always to put a line or an x through mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And there's an answer from someone who actually knows what she's talking about ^^ ... so I think we're done here. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement