Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to sell a Vespa?

• 18-06-2011 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

The wife of a deceased friend asked me where she could sell his late-90's Vespa 125. It's extremely low mileage and was only pottered about on, down to the shops.

This is not a person who is going to advertise or have strangers calling to the house.

Is there a decent bike shop or trader on the east coast that she could approach and who would treat her fairly?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

she could give it to you and you could sell it for her, i dont imagine many shops giving a great price because they will need to turn a profit on it themselves. best of luck to her with whatever she decides to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

I know that carl in modern classic scooters has sold scooters on behalf of people in the past. iv gotten a couple off him that way. even if you pass on the scooters details to him i'm sure he would call you if an interested party turned up. his number is 0863652823. darran

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

inchiuvatu wrote: »
    she could give it to you and you could sell it for her, i dont imagine many shops giving a great price because they will need to turn a profit on it themselves. best of luck to her with whatever she decides to do.

+1 to that

I'd trust a friend more then a dealer. if you put it up on adverts or donedeal and dealt with the questions on her behave, doubt it would take too long.

condolences on your friend btw, hope the wife is holding up ok.

Advertisement