Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding it really hard to study..

• 18-06-2011 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Last exam was biology on thursday afternoon.

Finished completely on wednesday afternoon after economics.

Haven't opened a book since having studied for biology.

I've tried. But I literally can't bring myself to.

I have this evening and 3 full days.

anyone here also in a similar scenario, of foolish laxadasical but helpless drifting?

anyone one with motivational skills would also be greatly appreciated also. :)

bleh. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Physics Monday Morning. Can't get focused! :O But either can any of the other girls in my year with exams next week... Most are out tonight! :( jealous.com

Hoping I study tomorrow..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I had 6 exams last week. I'm taking a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Well you've been studying hard for the past two years. Three more days and it'll all be over. Just keep that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

no motivation at all :/ i still have 2 exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

I've two on monday, and I've completely ignored studying one! Whoops!! Going to go do a few physics question now in a few minutes, after doing two accountancy papers today (where do my priorities lie, eh?).

It was really hard to force myself to do it.

Take this evening off, and set yourself a time to start. Say "I'll start at eleven, and do 2 questions, and take a 20 minute break." Routine, routine, routine.

For three days, c'mon, you can do it!!

If not, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-iBGSLkfCU .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭red_red_wine

I have four exams next week and I've definitely lost all motivation (any motivation I had to begin with :o ). I was the same last weekend, Saturday was a write-off and Sunday morning and afternoon much the same.

I'm not too worried though, the most productive I've been all year was the evening before the actual exams.

I figure that although study is important, so is mental relaxation (and stability!) , so I'm taking a lot of the weekend for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ClaireMarie

Ugh, I feel like this. Chemistry on Tuesday, and I'm being so lazy even though I want an A! Then music on Thursday!
    I'm acting as if I'm finished already, I'm so exhausted after the past weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

Have a look at the DEB mock english paper 1. Theme = motivation. Do a few comprehensions and you'll be sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fitz1011

Im the same finished wednesday now have to wait till thursday for ag science but i cant study, just want to be finished so badly:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Opened my books in the conservatory, fell asleep for four hours almost immediately. I'll give it another go tomorrow somewhere else... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Duda17

I was so worried before the exams and studying all the time but since english I have done so little I can't believe it myself.. I just can't motivate myself either.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

Im on again Wednesday and Thursday, cant motivate myself at all!...Watched the first series of The Walking Dead today though, so it wasn't completely wasted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

guys i did nothing when i came from the DCG exam yesterday then went to bed round 2 a.m. then got up the following day around 1p.m. and did study! what you need is a break. you've been "hard at it" for a week and a half. for productive study you need rest! 1 day wouldnt have killed ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 hairybacon

My new motto- If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.

I really need an A1 in chem on tuesday, wasted all today, and if I don't get it I'm fairly bo***xed for the aul poíntí- so tomorrow and Monday, I'll be working on FEAR-no excuses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I'm the same for music, though tbh, I know basically everything except for one topic. My practical was great, so I'm not killing myself with stress over the next few days. I'm exhausted, the last week and a half really hit me hard.

Although, if you really want to do well, you just need to force yourself to do something. Go for a walk in the fresh air before you start working. It clears your head and wakes you up so it'll be easier to study.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement