Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passage Goats on RTE News

• 18-06-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Just had the news on there and there was a feature on the passage goats, and how there's a reward for the missing ones, I'll stick up a link when it comes online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Can do it for ya myself: http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0617/goats.html

There were a couple of journo's from the Guardian and the Telegraph having a laugh about this story on Twitter yesterday, going on about Irish stereotypes and all that.

Can't say I blame them. Criminal underground bodhran makers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

no doubt the people of the mist took them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Some new bodhráns on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

ha! Black market instruments!

It is one of stories that you could say "only in ireland"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

I think it was a step too far sending out the local search and rescue helicopter?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

It is one of stories that you could say "only in ireland"
    Reintroduced eagles fly off with rare goats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Hope whoever took them are found. The fookers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Daysha wrote: »
    Can do it for ya myself: http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0617/goats.html

There were a couple of journo's from the Guardian and the Telegraph having a laugh about this story on Twitter yesterday, going on about Irish stereotypes and all that.

Can't say I blame them. Criminal underground bodhran makers! :D

So called "high-brow" English papers I would not even waste precious sight and time reading what they say. Why the heck would they be interested in a stroy like that. Obviously they must trawl through Irish news to find something to start the paddy whackey stories they love publishing.

Bet it be shocking news in UK if some group stole some protected herd of goats from a village or off the queens estate. It be breaking news over there and it be an outrage.

Being serious though the goats are a protected herd and are seen as such under Dept of Argi. These are not animals breed for their hide, meat etc.
    Where will they hit next the petting zoo's.

Ok you would have a laugh when you first heard but really not funny at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I recon you don't have to go far from the area to find who done it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I know the story itself has an amusement factor - but to think that they are going to be killed and skinned for bodhráns is bad :( Makes me sad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I think it was a step too far sending out the local search and rescue helicopter?!

It doesn't cost anything to say hey when you're flying home from training have a look in that area and see what ya see. I doubt they were scrambled from base to count goats. It would've been something they could easily do on the way to or from routine training.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Don't pass through passage to often but 2 weeks ago I came around a bend and there they were nearly hit them, they were no where near passage maybe 3 mile out on Waterford side. I didn't know anything about them till this thread, would it have been normal to be out that far?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Some of them are valuable from what i saw on the news.
    It must have been some operation to round them up and put them into a trailer or whatever it was, 30 is alot to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

They probably took those hurdles from the racecourse last year as well. Time to round up the usual suspects !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I'd say its pretty obvious to passage east residents who is behind this. The same as the bass and salmon netting that goes on, everyone knows who does it but nobody talks about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

lol yea about 6 grand to look for a few missin goats cant be a recession here surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Hoffmans wrote: »
    lol yea about 6 grand to look for a few missin goats cant be a recession here surely?

As I mentioned..
    Trotter wrote: »
    It doesn't cost anything to say hey when you're flying home from training have a look in that area and see what ya see. I doubt they were scrambled from base to count goats. It would've been something they could easily do on the way to or from routine training.

longshanks wrote: »
    I'd say its pretty obvious to passage east residents who is behind this. The same as the bass and salmon netting that goes on, everyone knows who does it but nobody talks about it

Who is it?

Hypothetically speaking of course.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Who is it?

I'm not from the area, so don't know who

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I hope they hang the bast**ds who did it

• Advertisement

longshanks wrote: »
    I'm not from the area, so don't know who

So how do you know that they know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Who is it?

People who have wheels on their houses I'd guess.

So how do you know that they know?

I watched Inception

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

I see nothing funny at about this story, and I feel pretty depressed if people know the people who would wipe out a herd of protected animals and not do anything about it, dont know who would be worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

it's pretty depressing alright, hope someone is keeping an eye on the Bilberry herd, they're protected as well, aren't they?
    Although I suppose that wouldn't be cause for lost sleep for the type of scum who like to thieve and destroy things, and injure and kill animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Listening to WLR this morning and someone rang / text in saying they saw what looked like a goats carcass washed up on Tramore beach and another down by the sand hills.

Advertisement