Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Forum Ban duration appeal.

Options
  • 18-06-2011 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭

I recieved a 2 week ban on Monday for using a dual account and voting on a Poll I raised.

The reason I did this was the Poll was being corrupted by pot stirrers, however instead of reporting it; I logged in as one of the posters real names and voted against them to balance the vote.

The real guy then reported me (and rightly so) for a dual account.
    I received an infraction Sunday off one mod Ezridax for the thread arguments.

A day later I received a 2 week Ban off Sparks for a dual account (which I find strange as I was I felt already punished by an infraction for the comments/Poll spoiling).

I feel 2 weeks is a bit excessive.

I have in excess of 7000 posts on the Shooting Forum and I have been Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,296 Posts I have added to the forum.

I appreciate my wrong doing.
    I accept a 1 week ban for being naughty.
    All I ask for is a reduction of the ban.

I have E-Mailed Sparks three times in the past 3 days and he not replied. (and before you ask, he has posted several times since on various fora ; so he must be ignoring my PM's)

I like boards.ie and would like to stay posting on it.
    I accept I was wrong, and the fact I have been silenced for several days now has been a decent punishment for "I feel" a valued poster.

Regards
    Tackleberrywho

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Sorry about the delay. Looking into it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

This being your first ban doesn't tell the whole story here (though I agree with you that 7000 posts, nearly all of which are in two forums, with zero bans is pretty good going :)). You have a good few infractions in Shooting and a previous warning(s) not to engage users / report posts for the mods to deal with. As such I think two weeks for a duplicate account (especially one which used another persons real name) is reasonable enough so I'm upholding the ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Khannie wrote: »
    This being your first ban doesn't tell the whole story here (though I agree with you that 7000 posts, nearly all of which are in two forums, with zero bans is pretty good going :)). You have a good few infractions in Shooting and a previous warning(s) not to engage users / report posts for the mods to deal with. As such I think two weeks for a duplicate account (especially one which used another persons real name) is reasonable enough so I'm upholding the ban.

I may learn to play the game better.
    Although since the ban I have done far more actual shooting, rather than talking about it ;)
    Every cloud ............

Advertisement