Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things toddlers do

Options
  • 18-06-2011 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭

The other day my 2 year old son hid my car keys, after 2 hours searching I eventually found them - in the soap dispenser of the washing machine. Where is the most unusual place your child has hidden your keys??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

mine ran a fork down the screen of my big tv.

:mad::mad:

And key behind the radiator. took a week to figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Oh god.

We'd be here all day if we were all to list everything they have done!

The most recent is- my daughter got muck from the houseplant, mixed it with milk and water, and spilled it all over my shoes.

And last week, she covered the cat in shampoo, and even though I rinsed most of it off, she still must have ingested some.
    So I had to stay up all night to monitor the cat.

Damn kids! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Oh Please keep this thread going....Brilliant thread :D

My son was alot younger, around 4. Driving on a fri...got stuck in traffic and bus lane was empty (o ok PC peeps i know :p) Turned the corner and was greeted by Garda :eek:

Garda....why are you in the bus lane?

Me... Oh im so sorry but my little boy is bursting for the loo.

And from behind we heard "Mum why did u say that? you told me never to lie that is a bold thing to do"

The little sh&t :eek:

I know its not a key lost story but a toddler one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Justask wrote: »
    Oh Please keep this thread going....Brilliant thread :D

My son was alot younger, around 4. Driving on a fri...got stuck in traffic and bus lane was empty (o ok PC peeps i know :p) Turned the corner and was greeted by Garda :eek:

Garda....why are you in the bus lane?

Me... Oh im so sorry but my little boy is bursting for the loo.

And from behind we heard "Mum why did u say that? you told me never to lie that is a bold thing to do"

The little sh&t :eek:

I know its not a key lost story but a toddler one :D

Priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Justask wrote: »
    "Mum why did u say that? you told me never to lie that is a bold thing to do":D

Oh my god!
    The little fecker! :)

What did the guard say/do?!

My phone broke (actually my daughter broke that!), so when I got a new phone, I copied all the numbers from my husband's sim to my phone.

He doesn't like my dad, so my dad was down as "*flutterflye's* Sh1t Dad", and I never changed it.

My phone rang one day, and my son came running in with it to me.

So I answered it and my son who had just learnt to read said
    "mommy, why does it say "*flutterflye's* Sh1t Dad"!

Nearly died!

• Advertisement

Oh my god!
    The little fecker! :)

What did the guard say/do?!

My phone broke (actually my daughter broke that!), so when I got a new phone, I copied all the numbers from my husband's sim to my phone.

He doesn't like my dad, so my dad was down as "*flutterflye's* Sh1t Dad", and I never changed it.

My phone rang one day, and my son came running in with it to me.

So I answered it and my son who had just learnt to read said
    "mommy, why does it say "*flutterflye's* Sh1t Dad"!

Nearly died!

Told be to go on my way :D But he did have a giggle to!

I just love tots, they crack me up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

When my son was a bit under two (I think) he locked my husband and daughter in the shed :eek: I was at work and my husband didn't have a phone in there with him. There's a very small window which my daughter would have fitted nicely through but she wouldn't because there were cobwebs :rolleyes: She mightn't have been able to open the door anyway. Major contortion by my not small husband to get out that window :D I still can't actually picture how he managed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Keys - behind the radiotor in the hall. It took 2 days to find them and I live out the country. I've since put a huge keyring on it so they won't fit anymore.

When firstborn was 1 we visited the outlaws in England. He proceeded to to pick up every spec off the floor and say "dirt". Neurotic mammay - moi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

....I dont even know where to start....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Our daughter (who was about 1 at the time) put our keys in the potato sack. Only reason I thought to look there was b/c she had discovered the sack earlier that day & had spent some of the afternoon taking the spuds out & hiding them everywhere else :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 cryano

When my son was abot 1.5 I was putting away a load of his clothes in the attic. He had never seen this hole in the bathroom celing with a ladder so he was naturally cursiously hanging around at the bottom shouting DADDY every 20 seconds or so.

After a few min of him shouting up and me shouting back to him, I'd finish sorting the crap and went down to the attic hatch to wave down to him. When I popped my head out of the hatch I was very suprised to see him about 4 inches away from my face, with a big happy head saying "HI DADDY!". He was barely able to walk buth had managed to climb all the way up an 8 foot ladder while no one was looking! He was sooo chuffed with himself!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I thought I'd escaped all the hiding stuff - my little man never bothered... until the other day, when I went looking for my car keys - no where to be seen. my son is now 6 and we were heading for school. luckily my husband was at home and he drove him in his car. turned the house upside down for them - no joy. about to get really p**d off turned round in a strop and there they were attached to the dogs lead. he thought it was hilarious and declared he'd just forgotten he'd put them there :D

cryano wrote: »
    When my son was abot 1.5 I was putting away a load of his clothes in the attic. He had never seen this hole in the bathroom celing with a ladder so he was naturally cursiously hanging around at the bottom shouting DADDY every 20 seconds or so.

After a few min of him shouting up and me shouting back to him, I'd finish sorting the crap and went down to the attic hatch to wave down to him. When I popped my head out of the hatch I was very suprised to see him about 4 inches away from my face, with a big happy head saying "HI DADDY!". He was barely able to walk buth had managed to climb all the way up an 8 foot ladder while no one was looking! He was sooo chuffed with himself!

Oh I just love this...I can just picture his little mind working, sitting at the end or the ladder and sorting it all out in his head how he was goin to go about it!

Classic :)

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I thought I'd escaped all the hiding stuff - my little man never bothered... until the other day, when I went looking for my car keys - no where to be seen. my son is now 6 and we were heading for school. luckily my husband was at home and he drove him in his car. turned the house upside down for them - no joy. about to get really p**d off turned round in a strop and there they were attached to the dogs lead. he thought it was hilarious and declared he'd just forgotten he'd put them there :D

Tut MUM where else would they be other then the lead....:pac:

Gas :)

....I dont even know where to start....

But you have to try....its a new board rule :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Found the keys in the drawer of the fridge one time. My tot is big trouble!

Loves to strip, pulls down his trousers in mass and shouts out really loud "my PANTS"

Also decided to play the organ in the middle of mass too.

He likes to strip and draw all over himself in marker. He likes to strip a lot and I spend most of the day putting his clothes and shoes back on

And if he gets out the back to the dog run. He will walk in the dog sh1t and I swear it's on purpose!!

He is a character

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

when my son was 2 he was watching tellytubbies doing his little dance in front of the tv, which was in the corner on a small stand. He got over excited twirling lost his fotting and puched the tv of the stand, big bang, big smash bye bye tv.
    To add salt to the wound that eve I had just finished painting my nails, walked away for 2 sec came back and he'd decided to paint the outside of my white runners bright orange. was just one of those days

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

When my daughter was about three we went to Glendalough. She wanted to use the toilet, she ran in ahead of me and went into the disabled toilet and shut the door behind her, it had a yale type lock on it. I was terrified there were no windows and she would not have been able to turn the lock.
    My husband ran to ask if there was a key at the chip van nearby, thank God they had one, when I opened the door she was just finishing on the toilet none the wiser. No wonder my hair is gray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

One of mine used to take his seatbelt off in the car. Was always shouting at him about it and one day I screamed (driving at the time) 'put that back on or I'll slap you!'. Met a checkpoint and the guard asked me why no insurance disc. Told him I had only bought the car hadn't got new disc yet so went rooting in the glove compartment for the policy no. and in the meantime my 3 year old ratted on me to the guard about how I was saying I was going to slap him!

Have an 18 month old now and he has broken 2 of my kitchen chairs, spilled a tin of paint all over my new wooden floors, can climb out of his cot, climbs on the table and flings the fruit from the bowl across the room.....the list is endless

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

When my little girl was about 18 mths we were staying in my mums. She had done up one of our bedroom for the kids when they come to stay so it was all pink and fluffy but there was a tiny piece of the wall paper lifting ...
    Well you know what happened next .... She started calling me so I went up. Mammy look !!! (so pleased with herself) She was standing up in her cot with half the wall paper from the wall thrown around her in the cot !!! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry :-)
    She could see that I wasn't happy and when I asked her who did it she told me it was Teddy !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Happened to a good friend of mine:

Himself and his wife finished the Christmas shopping and packed all the groceries into their car.

His wife decides to go back into shopping center to look at clothes.... so my friend takes his son back in too and decides to get a 6 pack of beer in supermarket as the family were staying in for the weekend. My friend had spent all his cash on the x-mas shop so asked his wife for a euro20 note.

He walks into supermarket, picks up a 6-pack and proceeds to counter.

He's standing between two ladies with huge shopping trolleys full of food.

The small lad turns to his dad in the queue and says out loud "Dad? Are you going to spend all the money Mum gave you on the beer?"

Dirty looks all around; he said wanted to die. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

like most 2 year olds , my son loves to get his hands on anything not tied down ,

my wife found here wedding ring and Engagment ring in the bin ,
    my phone, car keys , wallet, ipod all in the toilet (all I could do was laugh really),

my freind has more pressing problem's , their child has a habit of taking of her dirty nappy and rubbing the shyte on the wall :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

when my son was 2 he was watching tellytubbies doing his little dance in front of the tv, which was in the corner on a small stand. He got over excited twirling lost his fotting and puched the tv of the stand, big bang, big smash bye bye tv.
    To add salt to the wound that eve I had just finished painting my nails, walked away for 2 sec came back and he'd decided to paint the outside of my white runners bright orange. was just one of those days

My daughter decided to paint our bedroom walls with nail varnish, luckly she picked a colour that did not clash!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

foxy06 wrote: »
    One of mine used to take his seatbelt off in the car. Was always shouting at him about it and one day I screamed (driving at the time) 'put that back on or I'll slap you!'. Met a checkpoint and the guard asked me why no insurance disc. Told him I had only bought the car hadn't got new disc yet so went rooting in the glove compartment for the policy no. and in the meantime my 3 year old ratted on me to the guard about how I was saying I was going to slap him!

Have an 18 month old now and he has broken 2 of my kitchen chairs, spilled a tin of paint all over my new wooden floors, can climb out of his cot, climbs on the table and flings the fruit from the bowl across the room.....the list is endless

Your children sound like such a bundle of fun and they are keeping you on your toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

At Sea Sessions at the weekend, went to put on my new wellies and ended up hopping round the place roaring - three of my twelve months old's wooden blocks in them. Sole of my foot is still sore.

Took it as a sign that I may be too old for this sh@t ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

My 20 month old son loves throwing things down the stairs and in the bath. Was letting the water out of his bath a few weeks ago and discovered my phone it had been in the bath with him all along I didnt even notice it was missing!! Had to buy a new one which I don't put down now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

cofy wrote: »
    The other day my 2 year old son hid my car keys, after 2 hours searching I eventually found them - in the soap dispenser of the washing machine. Where is the most unusual place your child has hidden your keys??

Your lucky people are not jumping down your throat calling you a bad parent for leaving you car keys within reach, if the child had got out of the house and opened up the car and started it, you never know what could happen.

Didn't a 7 year old take his mothers keys and start the car and went for a drive to his dads house A 20 MILE DRIVE. he could have killed someone or himself.

http://www.parentdish.com/2011/06/22/boy-7-drives-car/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Grindlewald, please don't drag other topics into this discussion.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

A couple of months ago my little "angel" was teething badly and was a crank-a-saur. He had taken to handing us things and if we didn't take them he'd get mad as hell. He was also at that delightful "slapping everyone" stage.

So on a Sunday evening ahead of a hectic week's work I was lying on the sofa enjoying a foot rub when over James came with a plastic train in his hand to give to me. I took it and then handed it back to him and took my eyes off him.

Next thing I know the train is hitting me in the eye. He caught me right at the corner of my eye. I screamed for probably the first time ever as an adult. It was grand going to bed, a bit swollen and red but when I woke up I had an enormous shiner.

Had to go through 2 weeks at work with people staring but afraid to ask what had happened. Ugh!

165163.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I don't want my baby to grow up :( toodlers sound hard :(

Advertisement