Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things toddlers do

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

have a 13mth old that is getting so clever, you can nearly see the thought processes working as he tries to figure things out. I am trying to wean the 3yr old off her dodee - I know I know- so I take it from her she gets up and on cue we get 5- 10 mins of wailing, then she is fine. the other morning we were sitting on the couch, baby on lap herself wailing beside us 'dodee, dooodee, dodeeeee' baby is looking curiously at her, then he pops the dodee out of his own mouth looks at me and stretches out his hand to pass it on. I could only laugh.
    and then he is a jealous little sod, she came for a cuddle the other day wen i was feeding him and he pulled her by her hair to get her away ;-O

Ah 5, 3 and 1 are magical ages and i am lucky the older 2 adore the 'cherub'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

My little girl is 2 & the terrible 2's have kicked in with a bang!

The latest things from her is a very certain 'NO' response to everything including things that she wants :rolleyes:
    So you have to discern if she genuinely doesn't want it, as if she does & you don't give it to her you get a mini tantrum or a sulk that any hormonal 13 year old would be proud of :o

Another new thing is 'Go Away' when she's in bad form. We've tried correcting her or ignoring her when she does it, but I think it's one of things that the novelty has to wear off before she stops doing it. Hopefully (very) soon :o

Aside from the cheekiness, she is coming out with some really cute stuff too, like cocking her head to one side & saying "you ok mammy?", or looking under the couch for her toy saying "where are youuuuuuuu piggy?" :D
    Lol, 2 yr old girls!
    My little darling at 2 started the day with 'Mommy Mommy get me out of here' shouting at the top of her voice from her cot; as we thought it was hilarious, we would leave her a few minutes, 'daddy daddy get me out of here'; hehehe. ' somebody get me out of here' rofl; until one day it progressed to 'Stewpid mommy stewpid daddy, waaaaaaaaaaa'
    or another day i was in bed accross the hall and i could hear her ask her older brother (4yr old) to help her get out, he said 'ok, ok now, you do what i tell you. yeah yeah, ok stand on that and then hold me hand and jump, its ok, you can trust me, i wont let you fall' I think i jumped accross the hall to see the 2 yr old perched ontop of a rocker toy, in her cot, with the older lad stretching his hands out to her from the top of a toy box next to it and a gap of about a foot wide for her to dive headfirst into! room re-arrangement daygrannie wonders why we wont get bunk beds for them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

My wee man thinks he is Bear Grylls, making an adventure out of everything. He's particularly mad about climbing - kitchen table, presses, window sills etc, so I spend a lot of time shouting 'down' at him.

I was doing my shopping the other day and as we passed a poor girl on a stool stacking a high shelf my wee darling staring at her and shouting "down!"

At least the message is going in I suppose :o

Advertisement