Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physio Needed

Options
  • 18-06-2011 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Just looking for help. I need to make a appointment with a physio. Just wondering has anyone any recommendations. I need someone who is cheap and good.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Sports or general physio ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Sorry Elvis should have said sport. Knees are playing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Lots of physios in portlaoise. I went for the first time ever to a physio two weeks ago about a knee problem. I am training for half Iron triathlon so have really been doing high milage, bike and running. A few members of trilogy(the triathlon club here in town) suggested I go to lawlors.
    The physios name is Stephen and he is top class. I was very wary because I didn't know what to expect from the whole thing but he diagnosed my problem as hip/quad and used massage and stretching on the affected areas. I am running 15k or so most days now and not a hint of the pain which stopped me at 5k before.
    Bit expensive though. 80 for initial visit and 50 for 30 mins after that. I know that a lot of the other physios around town are cheaper.

Bicky wrote: »
    Lots of physios in portlaoise. I went for the first time ever to a physio two weeks ago about a knee problem. I am training for half Iron triathlon so have really been doing high milage, bike and running. A few members of trilogy(the triathlon club here in town) suggested I go to lawlors.
    The physios name is Stephen and he is top class. I was very wary because I didn't know what to expect from the whole thing but he diagnosed my problem as hip/quad and used massage and stretching on the affected areas. I am running 15k or so most days now and not a hint of the pain which stopped me at 5k before.
    Bit expensive though. 80 for initial visit and 50 for 30 mins after that. I know that a lot of the other physios around town are cheaper.

+1 Galway is it ?

Hows training going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Lol mark. Two weeks ago you were debating doing an Olympic and now you are doing a half Iron. Good man. Galway?
    Galway was too expensive so I am doing the lost sheep in kenmare instead. Two category 2 mountain climbs on the route so it should be tough.

• Advertisement

Oh no, my real name has been outted in public:D;)

I paid for expensive physio in Dublin BUT it was worth it, if it sorts out your problem its well worth it in the long run ( or to be able to do a long run:D )

Good luck with those climbs !

You off to Kilkee, i working so can't go and gonna do an 80Km cycle to cheer myself up:)

Advertisement