Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip Rumours Thread 2011/2012

1198199200201202204»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Liam O wrote: »
    I really wonder what went down with Nasri. Fergie clearly admitted interest but said he had his heart set elsewhere. That was something like a month ago, and would mean that both United reps and City reps talked to his reps and he chose City that long ago over United. That or Fergie called Wenger and was told no way I'm selling to you which isn't terribly unlikely, but surely Wenger must realise that City have a big chance of finishing above them again, nearly as much as United. He was my dream signing and I know that he is packing his bags for City but I can't help wonder what happened there.

Nasri would be more of a threat to everybody in the league at United than he would be at City imo. City will probably continue to suffer from an over crowded squad and Mancini's foolish interest in playing Toure in the ACM role. Not saying that Nasri wouldn't improve City, just that he would improve United more.

Also, Arsene might believe that he has a chance of winning the league, so he wouldn't want to strengthen the title favourites anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Still something very strange about Berbatov not yet being offered a new contract though. I firmly believe it could be that we may end up using him in a player & cash exchange (very rare for United) or just sell him straight up.

I don't believe for a second Gill saying that we actually have an option to extend it next year etc. No way they would risk losing a player on a free, because if I understand it right, he could refuse the extension.

'Arry would love a striker like Berbatov, simply because he is a class above most in the league and although not exactly what they need (i.e. a lone striker) he would no doubt help fire them back into the Champions League.

If for certain the Sneijder deal falls through, you never know. Could be another last day dash for the Croation and Berbatov may just fall victim to lower the transfer fee.

In reality, that is a bit far-fetched, but you have to admit that if Fergie was happy to go into the new season with the squad he has (as he has re-iterated over and over) then he would tie up the loose end that is Berbatov's contract. And if then wanted to sell him next year, what harm.

Going to be a hectic few weeks until that bloody transfer window is shut.
    Berba doesn need a new contract we've the option to sign him for another year if we want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Pro. F wrote: »
    I really wonder what went down with Nasri. Fergie clearly admitted interest but said he had his heart set elsewhere. That was something like a month ago, and would mean that both United reps and City reps talked to his reps and he chose City that long ago over United. That or Fergie called Wenger and was told no way I'm selling to you which isn't terribly unlikely, but surely Wenger must realise that City have a big chance of finishing above them again, nearly as much as United. He was my dream signing and I know that he is packing his bags for City but I can't help wonder what happened there.

Nasri would be more of a threat to everybody in the league at United than he would be at City imo. City will probably continue to suffer from an over crowded squad and Mancini's foolish interest in playing Toure in the ACM role. Not saying that Nasri wouldn't improve City, just that he would improve United more.

Also, Arsene might believe that he has a chance of winning the league, so he wouldn't want to strengthen the title favourites anymore.

Also, it will sit alot better with the Arsenal fans if they sell him to City rather than United.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

what flights ye on?

i am 3.45 into manchester...back 7.55 tuesday morning.

Over on the flight into Liverpool at 6 and home on the same flight as yourself. You got somewhere to stay or planning on airporting it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Yes but chelsea are looking for a winger and a midfielder. Mata = winger, modric = midfielder. I doubt its one or the other tbh.

Didn't the chelsea chairman Buck say its unlikely they will be able to get Modric though??
    Also Mata = winger/attacking midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sky Sports are saying the back four will be Evra, Jones, Evans, Smalling. Anyone think this will be correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

RasTa wrote: »
    Sky Sports are saying the back four will be Evra, Jones, Evans, Smalling. Anyone think this will be correct?

Fergie said so earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

RasTa wrote: »

DiscoDog posted this on the other page:

SAF confirms back four. Well done Mitch

"The team on Monday will be a very young defensive line-up, with Jones and Evans in the centre and Smalling at right-back," revealed the manager. "But Patrice Evra will be back for Spurs, which gives us experience.
    "David De Gea will learn from the experience of the games he's had so far. We'll also have Cleverley and Welbeck. So it's a very young team at the moment, but it's a team full of energy and it's a team of great ability. I'm enjoying watching them at the moment.
    "I'm not worried about the young players filling in at the back. Evans has ample experience, of course, and has been at the club since he was 12 years old. He's played plenty of first-team games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

So Fergie said but I wouldnt be surprised if he pulls a fast one late on either. If those 4 do play it will be interesting how they will get on with 4 of the back 5 being 23 or under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Some of the tags to this thread are lolbad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

keane2097 wrote: »

lolbad? Really? For that, you get this: :rolleyes:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Fergie's best mate Bob Cass has been tweeting about how the Sneijder deal could still be on and that "all will be reviled in the next Mail on Sunday". Interesting if it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Guys, is it too late to enter the thread FF league?
    Welcome back!

someone PM you the code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

keane2097 wrote: »

i can honestly say i had nothing do with the 20yoyos one...in fact, ive yet to put a tag on any thread on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I really wonder what went down with Nasri.

Some of the rags were adamant that he was having his City medical today. Apparently some French sources are adamant that he wants to join United.

Something is holding up the City deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Discodog wrote: »
    Some of the rags were adamant that he was having his City medical today. Apparently some French sources are adamant that he wants to join United.

Haha that would make my year if Nasri decides to do a U-turn and join United instead for silly money like 10 million :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Discodog wrote: »

Wenger said in the press conference that Nasri is in his squad for the game tomorrow and available to be picked so looks like his transfer to City is not as close as some think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

If Nasri is so set on joining United as some of the French media has been saying, can he not just ride out the final year of his contract and sign up then? Even if Arsenal accept a bid from City, surely it's down to the player what he does then.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Guys, is it too late to enter the thread FF league?

+1 on this guys, if ye don't mind a Manchester United-supporting thread-lurker joining the league! :)

• Advertisement

eugeneious wrote: »
    Fergie's best mate Bob Cass has been tweeting about how the Sneijder deal could still be on and that "all will be reviled in the next Mail on Sunday". Interesting if it's true.

Aye, as far as I'm concerned this isn't dead in the water until Sneijder comes out and says 'I'm definintely staying at Inter'.

This is what a BBC football journalist thinks.
    @bbcsport_simon
    Simon Austin

My personal opinion is that #sneijder situation will go right to the wire.negotiating till 31 aug

There's an ongoing rumour(for a while now actually) that Inter know Sneijder wants to leave but they want him to hand in a transfer so they don't have to pay him a loyalty bonus if they sell him. Don't know how true that is, but it would make sense and it would be something that could potentially stall any deal.

Eto'o deal to Anzi has actually stalled btw.

+1 on this guys, if ye don't mind a Manchester United-supporting thread-lurker joining the league! :)

Sent it to yourself and Wolf Tone. Anyone else looking for it send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

x2_7d028dd

:)

^^^^^

Wrong thread

It would have been better use elsewhere:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Blatter wrote: »
    ^^^^^

Wrong thread

It would have been better use elsewhere:D

Hehe, I agree, but probably a bit early in the season to start all out war. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Blatter wrote: »
    Aye, as far as I'm concerned this isn't dead in the water until Sneijder comes out and says 'I'm definintely staying at Inter'.

This is what a BBC football journalist thinks.

There's an ongoing rumour(for a while now actually) that Inter know Sneijder wants to leave but they want him to hand in a transfer so they don't have to pay him a loyalty bonus if they sell him. Don't know how true that is, but it would make sense and it would be something that could potentially stall any deal.

Eto'o deal to Anzi has actually stalled btw.
    A little bit of me wants it to go to the wire because I love deadline day drama and hate being left out when all other clubs are spending like mad :pac: In all seriousness though, I think it's still possible but is unlikely.

• Advertisement

eugeneious wrote: »
    A little bit of me wants it to go to the wire because I love deadline day drama and hate being left out when all other clubs are spending like mad :pac: In all seriousness though, I think it's still possible but is unlikely.

Very difficult to tell what will or won't happen. But I am certain of two things; we are(or were at least) in for him and he has by no means confirmed he will be staying at Inter. In my experience of following transfer stories before, anything is possible until the player confirms he is staying.

Joshua King making his Bundesliga debut for Monchengladbach vs. Wolfsburg.

Playing the last 4 mins, they're 4-1 up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

markc1184 wrote: »
    If Nasri is so set on joining United as some of the French media has been saying, can he not just ride out the final year of his contract and sign up then? Even if Arsenal accept a bid from City, surely it's down to the player what he does then.

Not much point in him hanging around for a year at a club where the fans absolutely hate him though, I do think the delay in the deal is due to Nasri stalling in the hope someone else comes in for him, but I still fully expect him to become a City player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but it's ten years to the day since Les Sealey passed away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Honestly... What a fúcking hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned already but it's ten years to the day since Les Sealey passed away.

Ten years, where has time gone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

New thread here all is explained there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement