Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Because he is forgettable.

You have a short memory my friend! Fletch is a huge player for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I find it incredibly hard to believe that a club like Man Utd, Premier league champions, Champions League finalists, could not attract a world class central midfielder.

Who? Name names realistic ones that would come to United, fit in with their pay structure and improve on Fletcher, Carrick, Giggs and Ando? I'm sick of people getting all worked over this and hanging their hopes on every crappy tweet they read about Kaka and Diarra. Its embarrassing. Every Summr it sems our player suddenly all become sh*t.

I don't mind sensible attainable suggestions like Banega, Javi Martinez or Fellaini, but this otion that there are swathes of world class midfielders waiting to waltz into the United team and bring them up to Barca's level is boll*x. The fact of the matter is there aren't and those that are either play for Madrid or Barca, would want ridiculous pay or wouldn't want to live in Manchester.

The ony possibility is Modric and here are a number of barriers to that happening - his desire to stay in London, the fact that moneybags Chelsea are alsi in for him, the fact that he has 6 year cintract, the fact that Spurs are likely to squeeze us for a £40m+ fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Because he is forgettable. That he escaped my mind when posting only underlines that he's not the answer to the midfield problem!

It's very easy to forget one of the best box-to-box players in the PL.

Fergie has said it himself Flah. We dont generally buy world class but we develop players. Its what United do well and we get success off the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

flahavaj wrote: »
    Who? Name names realistic ones that would come to United, fit in with their pay structure and improve on Fletcher, Carrick, Giggs and Ando? I'm sick of people getting all worked over this and hanging their hopes on every crappy tweet they read about Kaka and Diarra. Its embarrassing. Every Summr it sems our player suddenly all become sh*t.

I don't mind sensible attainable suggestions like Banega, Javi Martinez or Fellaini, but this otion that there are swathes of world class midfielders waiting to waltz into the United team and bring them up to Barca's level is boll*x. The fact of the matter is there aren't and those that are either play for Madrid or Barca, would want ridiculous pay or wouldn't want to live in Manchester.

The ony possibility is Modric and here are a number of barriers to that happening - his desire to stay in London, the fact that moneybags Chelsea are alsi in for him, the fact that he has 6 year cintract, the fact that Spurs are likely to squeeze us for a £40m+ fee.
    M'Vila

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

K-9 wrote: »
    There's tumbleweed over on the Liverpool thread, might be the real reason!
    We know the real reason for that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

amiable wrote: »
    M'Vila

Did he not just sign a new contract?

M'Vila

Is he world class? Potentially I agree he could be (and would welcome him at United), but I asked for world class players as described by NekkiBibleman himself.

Did he not just sign a new contract?
    He did but if United came calling with the right money he'd go
    Excellent player too IMO

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Fergie has said it himself Flah. We dont generally buy world class but we develop players. Its what United do well and we get success off the back of it.

Exactly, but yer man is banging on about these world class players United should be getting, I'd like to hear which ones he means.

• Advertisement

Is he world class? Potentially I agree he could be (and would welcome him at United), but I asked for world class players as described by NekkiBibleman himself.

IMO yes he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

united fans are such a hard bunch to please! youngs not good enough, kaka not good enough, diarra not good enough and so on and so on!

ive said it before and will say it again, the central midfield market is seriously weak, the amount of "available" players is very small. add in unwillingness to move from the continent to wet and windy manchester, clubs wanting too much money and greedy players and the pool becomes smaller.

charlie adam would be acceptable for me, ONLY if he was a 3rd replacement i.e. replacing gibson and i dont think that will happen.

anyway, people should relax, there is a long summer there and we will sign a midfielder, im sure of that.

Exactly, but yer man is banging on about these world class players United should be getting, I'd like to hear which ones he means.

yup. the more likely signings are the players with potential rather than established stars. Fergie is rebuilding :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Headshot wrote: »
    We know the real reason for that ;)

Yeah, Mata is on the way, just a formality!

This damn keeping things quiet is fecking frustrating as a transfer news junkie!

:D I don't know if M'Villa is world class but he certainly could do a job for ye, let Carrick or Fletcher forget about the DM duties for a while.

He wouldn't be a regular starter, just in the games ye need him, fits the squad perfectly.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

united fans are such a hard bunch to please! youngs not good enough, kaka not good enough, diarra not good enough and so on and so on!

Ah no, I don't mean Kaka wouldn't be good enough. He'd be a gem if he could reproduce the 2007 form. I just think he's a significant risk. I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him. Cautiously optimistic.

Diarra - well, you know that I hate him and am not about to be persuaded by logical argument on that one. :pac:

Kaka is being scorned because we plainly don't need him and because the rumour is from the dirt worst source on twitter. You yourself were complaining about people re-tweeting rubbish only yeaterday, yet you post more bullsh*t rumours than anyone!

IMO yes he is

Fair enough, I think a 20 years of age he has some way to go before he can be named in that bracket. i have no problem putting him inthe list of attainable and realistic targets along with the likes of Banega, Martinez etc though. We are more likely to see the likes of him at OT than the likes of Sneijder or Nasri, thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Martinez, Hamsik, Ganso, M'villa, and Nasri. IMO they are all world class and apart from maybe Nasri all of them would be "gettable" IMO. I'm not saying we'll sign any of them but I would be shocked if ay of them weren't attracted to Utd or Utd didn't have enough to attract them.

eugeneious wrote: »
    Martinez, Hamsik, Ganso, M'villa, and Nasri. IMO they are all world class and apart from maybe Nasri all of them would be "gettable" IMO. I'm not saying we'll sign any of them but I would be shocked if ay of them weren't attracted to Utd or Utd didn't have enough to attract them.

I disagree with on bit "world class" they certainly are very capable of getting to that level but not there yet but man utd likes to create WC players and you cant get any better quality of players to mould

They are the kind of players utd should be going for

• Advertisement

eugeneious wrote: »

All the lads you have mentioned are potentially world class, rather than established world clas performers. I would agree that they're all somewhat attainable, though I think Hamsik and Ganso are attacking midfielders which I'm not sure we need. I think Ganso is Milan bound from what I've read either way. Nasri is never gonna happen, forget it.

So from your list, IMo Martinez and M'Villa tick all the boxes for me as sensible targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Because he is forgettable. That he escaped my mind when posting only underlines that he's not the answer to the midfield problem!

he's a funking hero and always will be

Darren+Fletcher

Kaka is being scorned because we plainly don't need him and because the rumour is from the dirt worst source on twitter. You yourself were complaining about people re-tweeting rubbish only yeaterday, yet you post more bullsh*t rumours than anyone!

this is your second time having a personal go at me now in 2 days, whats your f*cking problem? nobody else allowed to talk or have an opinon on here only you?

the internet is a free place of speech, the rumours are out there, so what if we talk about them? my issue is people are believing them, i generally always will say something along the lines of "its probably b*lls*it" so i dont see your problem and we can all f*cking read on here.

what b*ll**** rumours am i posting that are my own tell me please?

if your such a knowledgeable person, have the inside story, then tell us all what is happening or step off your high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

So we've signed Young. Cool. I hope it was for more like £15m than the £20m that was being touted recently. It always seems odd to me when a team buys a high profile player when they've already got the position covered, which we seemed to have with Nani and Valencia. Still, Young brings some extra competition and some extra options so that is a good thing.

If at the end of the summer we have bought a decent central midfielder who can do what we need doing in the team then the Young signing will be an exciting extra bonus. In a way this is like getting our desert before we've been served the main course.

Fellaini, De Rossi, Moutinho (probably going to Chelsea and probably going to be overpriced now), Rodwell - these are the type of players I would like us to be linked with now. Lots of good reports about Benega and, in particular, Javi Martinez too, but I haven't seen enough of them to have an opinion. A good solid central midfielder with ball playing skills, that's what we need. They would improve our team massively and I think anybody who says that they will be happy if we don't sign a central midfielder this summer are deluding themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Underrated is soon going to be the most over used phrase on Boards, but yeah, Fletcher is definitely underrated.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

this is your second time having a personal go at me now in 2 days, whats your f*cking problem? nobody else allowed to talk or have an opinon on here only you?

the internet is a free place of speech, the rumours are out there, so what if we talk about them? my issue is people are believing them, i generally always will say something along the lines of "its probably b*lls*it" so i dont see your problem and we can all f*cking read on here.

what b*ll**** rumours am i posting that are my own tell me please?

if your such a knowledgeable person, have the inside story, then tell us all what is happening or step off your high horse.

To be fair man you do seem to report any shít rumour from any shít source and give them way more credence than they deserve often enough.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    give them way more credence than they deserve often enough.

errm what? look back at my posts on this thread and you will see me dismissing most rumours that are on twitter or anywhere.

this place really takes the p*ss sometimes, you highlight what muppetry is going on and you get accused of being part of it. boggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

using the selection process for the CL final is not a good yardstick for anything. fergie got alot wrong that night....alot...
    ... simple really. the changes should have been made at half time then to redeem himself, but he ignored the problems, we need 3 subs at half time, though had he picked right from the start, we wouldnt have needed them. i would not have started hernandez, brought him on with 30 mins to go and i would have had berba on the bench.

that game was crying for proper tactics and we had zero.
    Pro. F wrote: »
    To be fair man you do seem to report any shít rumour from any shít source and give them way more credence than they deserve often enough.

:D

I still can't get over the tactics for the Champions League Final being called "simple really"! Going into his 25th year in charge of the most successful, and in my opinion, enjoyable, managerial reign in football histroy, and we have a fan? / supporter? saying SAF had "zero" tactics for the Champions League Final! :rolleyes:

I still can't get over the tactics for the Champions League Final being called "simple really"! Going into his 25th year in charge of the most successful, and in my opinion, enjoyable, managerial reign in football histroy, and we have a fan? / supporter? saying SAF had "zero" tactics for the Champions League Final! :rolleyes:

so what, you dont agree we had our tactics wrong that night? you dont think united should have at least went 3 v 3 in midfield and at half time, we were in need of changes?

our asses got handed to us. leaving the stadium that night, the majority of the people around me were shocked at the tactics we had or as i said, lack of them. we would not have won the game, but had the right team been picked/changes made, we would have put up a better show.

and explain your fan/supporter reference please?

Im surprised you havent posted a face palm pic, you seem good at them....

Homerjay is entitled to his view and he's not alone in thinking them to. Your one dimensional view of saf is quite irritating. You fail to realise saf is human he makes errors and he did on that night too. I dont blame him for the picking the team but during the match tactics were very poor

So please stop taking crap pop shots at Homerjay

i would like to think the vast majority of united fans would agree with this re the cl final -

well beaten, no complaints re the result.
    performance was poor and we could have played alot better.
    tactics and selection could have been better.
    we were badly exposed in midfield, 2 V 3 wouldnt work most days, let alone v one of the best midfields of all time.
    changes needed to be made at half time and were not
    several players could have been taken off and were left on for 90 mins.

i think fergie will admit, like he did in 2009, that mistakes were made on that night, any fool could see that. hopefully he knows them this time and it wont happen a 3rd time.

• Advertisement

so what, you dont agree we had our tactics wrong that night? you dont think united should have at least went 3 v 3 in midfield and at half time, we were in need of changes?

our asses got handed to us. leaving the stadium that night, the majority of the people around me were shocked at the tactics we had or as i said, lack of them. we would not have won the game, but had the right team been picked/changes made, we would have put up a better show.

and explain your fan/supporter reference please?

You have gone from saying SAF had "zero" tactics to a "lack of them". :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

i would like to think the vast majority of united fans would agree with this re the cl final -

well beaten, no complaints re the result.
    performance was poor and we could have played alot better.
    tactics and selection could have been better.
    we were badly exposed in midfield, 2 V 3 wouldnt work most days, let alone v one of the best midfields of all time.
    changes needed to be made at half time and were not
    several players could have been taken off and were left on for 90 mins.

i think fergie will admit, like he did in 2009, that mistakes were made on that night, any fool could see that. hopefully he knows them this time and it wont happen a 3rd time.
    I'd rather not agree with that synopsis, but unfortunately, it's true.

Im surprised you havent posted a face palm pic, you seem good at them....

Homerjay is entitled to his view and he's not alone in thinking them to. Your one dimensional view of saf is quite irritating. You fail to realise saf is human he makes errors and he did on that night too. I dont blame him for the picking the team but during the match tactics were very poor

So please stop taking crap pop shots at Homerjay

Fans? / Supporters? saying that SAF has "zero" tactics for the Champions League Final is even more irritating! :p

You have gone from saying SAF had "zero" tactics to a "lack of them". :confused:

is that all you can answer? please tell me if what i have said is wrong, im intrigued for your answer and im also looking to know your fan/supporter jibe. you seem to think, judging by your "im a man united fan, im a SAF fan" post that was deleted by the mods, that your a better "fan" than others as you errm, like certain things.

as already said, SAF is human and makes mistakes. i dont need anybody to tell what i think of him as i know myself what he has done for the club and what a legend he is....

so, are you going to tell us your thoughts on the final and break down our tactics and how they worked so well and how the team selection was the correct one?

i remember looking across the line, at 2-1 when van der sar was taking a kick out. Busquets, xavi, iniesta were all lined up in position. facing them directly was carrick and park. it was that moment i knew it was game over.

now tell me that was the correct thing to do? at half time we had a chance, we were all hoping for changes, 1000's of united fans inside the ground could see we were in big trouble and we needed new players in, but unfortunately one man didnt agree. yes he is the greatest manager of all time, but he left this one behind him.

is that all you can answer? please tell me if what i have said is wrong,

You were wrong when you said SAF had "zero" tactics in the Champions League Final.
    im intrigued for your answer and im also looking to know your fan/supporter jibe. you seem to think, judging by your "im a man united fan, im a SAF fan" post that was deleted by the mods, that your a better "fan" than others as you errm, like certain things.

as already said, SAF is human and makes mistakes. i dont need anybody to tell what i think of him as i know myself what he has done for the club and what a legend he is....

so, are you going to tell us your thoughts on the final and break down our tactics and how they worked so well and how the team selection was the correct one?

i remember looking across the line, at 2-1 when van der sar was taking a kick out. Busquets, xavi, iniesta were all lined up in position. facing them directly was carrick and park. it was that moment i knew it was game over.

now tell me that was the correct thing to do? at half time we had a chance, we were all hoping for changes, 1000's of united fans inside the ground could see we were in big trouble and we needed new players in, but unfortunately one man didnt agree. yes he is the greatest manager of all time, but he left this one behind him.

I'm not so arrogant as to think that I could have done a better job than SAF, given his years of success, experience and knowledge of the state of the players available to him, whether it was before kick-off, half-time or during the second half. Although maybe you are talking about hind-sight? I'd rather not waste time on that . . . but feel free to continue.

changing the topic :)

Dailymail are saying Toronto FC will give hargo a chance to resurrect his career. Hopefully its true.

changing the topic :)

Dailymail are saying Toronto FC will give hargo a chance to resurrect his career. Hopefully its true.
    I still really don't understand why we let Hargreaves go. I mean, lets say if he accepted a pay as you play deal, all he'd be is an asset. His medical bills, while i'm sure are big, in the grander scheme are probably small, and in the off chance that he did regain full fitness, he'd be like a new signing. Point being, he'd cost pretty much nothing to keep him another year.

Degag wrote: »
    I still really don't understand why we let Hargreaves go. I mean, lets say if he accepted a pay as you play deal, all he'd be is an asset. His medical bills, while i'm sure are big, in the grander scheme are probably small, and in the off chance that he did regain full fitness, he'd be like a new signing. Point being, he'd cost pretty much nothing to keep him another year.

Utd probably think he'll never play again

Utd probably think he'll never play again
    I suppose.:(

errm what? look back at my posts on this thread and you will see me dismissing most rumours that are on twitter or anywhere.

this place really takes the p*ss sometimes, you highlight what muppetry is going on and you get accused of being part of it. boggling.

Yes you do dismiss the rumours often as well, but even then you are still bringing them up when there is no point. And plenty of times you aren't dismissing the rumours, you are just giving them unnecessary coverage in the thread:

On Transferupdate, a random anonymous account set up on twitter:
    well he has not really said anything yet that has not been reported elsewhere so is hard to know if he is valid or not. nobody really calling bulls*it on him yet and his followers are growing

On Diarra and Sanchez rumours from twitter:
    alot of talk on twitter this evening about diarra now, some of the main united lads have it....and tilll talk of sanchez.

On random (twitter again?) Kaka and Diarra rumours:
    kaka rumours are interesting. a diarra and kaka double would be pretty sweet, but is it viable that real would give us 2 of their players? by all accounts, diarra is on the way out anyway.

On Sanchez in a rag:
    mirror reckon they have an exclusive on sanchez....

here it is -

very intresting.

A heap of random twitter rumours:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72640504&postcount=35030

On Rodriguez from some shíte website:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72732718&postcount=36313

I know that rumours and gossip are part of what the thread is for, but you do seem to be the biggest merchant of them. You give out about the amount of shíte that's around on the internet, yet you also seem intent on showing us every bit of shíte you find out there. I don't mean to sound bitchy about this, I just think you can expect some flak occasionally for the amount of shíte rumours you bring to the thread's attention.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

SSN
    News:
    Udinese believe that £44million is not enough money for Alexis Sanchez, who they believe is the best player of his generation. Full story to follow...

They're having a laugh tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

They're having a laugh tbh.

No they aren't.

He signed a contract with them for X Years, if some other team wants his services they will have to pay for them. Udinese are perfectly within their rights to make demands like this, they are under no obligation to break the contract which the player signed.

As for the players worth, a player is worth what a team is willing to pay, if someone feels his services are worth paying 44 million for, then so be it.

But, this is obviously a negotiating position from Udinese, if he is to go, it will probably be for less than 44m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Des wrote: »
    As for the players worth, a player is worth what a team is willing to pay, if someone feels his services are worth paying 44 million for, then so be it.

Exactly. Heard it put best yesterday on the story that Bayern Munich wanted to sign one of Tranmere's teenagers, Dale Jennings. When asked about it, Rovers boss Les Parry explained it in a nutshell:

'Like with all transfer deals they say they'll give us a penny and we say we want three and then we fight over the difference'

Genuinly I think Young is going to be a brilliant signing, someone who definitly improves our left wing options. With two equally strong right wingers I am genuinly excited again about the supply coming from the wings. I doubt he and De Gea are the last of our summer signings, especially if any of the proposed sales go through.

No they aren't.

Yeah they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yeah they are.

No they are not.

You going to back up your argument, or continue this childish bullshít?

No they are not.

Yes they are.

They're saying he's worth more than 44m when he's not. You said yourself they won't get that for him. Hence they are having a laugh, I don't see how my initial post was not crystal fúcking clear.

Yes they are.

They're saying he's worth more than 44m when he's not. You said yourself they won't get that for him. Hence they are having a laugh, I don't see how my initial post was not crystal fúcking clear.
    They are saying (if true) that if you want to sign our player this is what we value him at and that's what you have to pay.
    As Des already said a player is only as valuable as much as someone is willing to pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Yes they are.

They're saying he is worth more than 44m to them. That's their right.

If no one is willing to pay that, fair enough, however they're well within their rights to hold out for what they think he is worth.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    They're saying he is worth more than 44m to them. That's their right.

If no one is willing to pay that, fair enough, however they're well within their rights to hold out for what they think he is worth.

Where did I say otherwise?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement