Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

this thread needs more of this one.....Smallings missus...

sam-cooke-4.jpg

hopefully she starts to appear more in the wags corner next season.

Thanks Homer,
    Thats the best post I've ever seen in the Man U thread.
    Damm, you guys play a mean game. First, you get our manager sacked for not getting past you in the CL, then you take our EPL trophy.
    Now your WAGS are better looking than ours (Christine Bleakley :o)
    Enough already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

killwill wrote: »
    Giggiddy!!!
    I have to say, from the very quick glance I took of her face, she looks to be in her 30s?

:confused::confused::confused::eek: shes about 25 i think, dont know alot about her, but she is defo in her mid 20's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

you take our EPL trophy

I think you will find it is and always has been ours :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

sam-cooke-4.jpg

Nothing to say really,just decided to have this picture reposted

I looked at that for a minute and thought to myself..... Will I or wont I?

:confused::confused::confused:

this post requires explanation, though,the reality is, your best off saying no more!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I looked at that for a minute and thought to myself..... Will I or wont I?

I dont know how to put in a facepalm if somebody could oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

killwill wrote: »
    Giggiddy!!!
    I have to say, from the very quick glance I took of her face, she looks to be in her 30s?
    :confused::confused::confused::eek: shes about 25 i think, dont know alot about her, but she is defo in her mid 20's

Homer's right, Sam Cooke is 26. Shes a Page 3 girl from Manchester. (Wiki to the rescue! :pac:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

A few Premier League clubs (including us) are interested in Thiago Alcantara allegedly.

Anyone know much about him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,337 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A few Premier League clubs (including us) are interested in Thiago Alcantara allegedly.

'Classic' barcelona cretive midfielder. Wonderful passer, great technique, great vision. Would LOVE for United to sign him, would absolutely love it.

'Classic' barcelona cretive midfielder. Wonderful passer, great technique, great vision. Would LOVE for United to sign him, would absolutely love it.

He probably wouldn't cost an absolute fortune too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

He wont leave Barcelona imo. With the Fabregas deal seemingly failing for now, Thiago is seen as adequate backup and in the future a worthy replacement for Xavi/Iniesta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,337 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

miralize wrote: »
    He wont leave Barcelona imo. With the Fabregas deal seemingly failing for now, Thiago is seen as adequate backup and in the future a worthy replacement for Xavi/Iniesta

Yet he was, apparently, one of the players Barcelona offered to Udinese in part of the Sanchez package they have been trying to put together, which would indicate that they are open to him leaving. If there is a chance of him leaving, we should be in for him.

tore england a new one 2 weeks ago in the u-21 game. he was sentational in that game, another Xavi in waiting.

dont see barcelona selling unless as part of a player swap...maybe we could give them scholesly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Yet he was, apparently, one of the players Barcelona offered to Udinese in part of the Sanchez package they have been trying to put together, which would indicate that they are open to him leaving. If there is a chance of him leaving, we should be in for him.

There were rumours of him being apart of the Fabregas deal as well. The only problem I would see if we signed him (which would be a long shot IMO) is a possible Fabregas situation where he would want to go home or they would back in for him and unsettle him. That would slightly put me off signing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

My mate a Bolton fan reckons Thiago is going to Bolton , with a buy back clause in his contract .
    Was in the mirror a week ago :rolleyes:

Remember when pep said about Wilshere he had players just as good as him in his reserves he was right wasn't he .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I don't think that's true, i'd be surprised if it was.

I heard they offered Jeffren but not Thiago. I don't think Barcelona would want Thiago going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Can't see Barca selling Thiago to anyone as part of any kind of deal. The guy is an incredible talent. I can't find the link now but I remember reading some of the Barca first teamers singing his praises too.

Also, in the unlikely event he were sold, he would definitely not be cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Sure Barca are in a position where they could sell young lads, let them get valuable experience elsewhere and then just make a few noises in the media when they'd like them back a few years later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

You're getting Thiago mixed up with Jeffren, there's no way Thiago will be sold unless ridiculous money is offered, he is very special, the most lauded La Masia player since Bojan, and will feature in the first team quite alot next season.

I very much doubt he'd leave Barca for United, not to mind bloody Bolton ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Class sig dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

sam-cooke-4.jpg

Meh, does nothing for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

eZe^ wrote: »
    You're getting Thiago mixed up with Jeffren, there's no way Thiago will be sold unless ridiculous money is offered, he is very special, the most lauded La Masia player since Bojan, and will feature in the first team quite alot next season.

I very much doubt he'd leave Barca for United, not to mind bloody Bolton ffs.

Just to show you I wasn't fooking about http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Bolton-transfer-news-Barcelona-starlet-Thiago-Alcantara-subject-of-7million-bid-from-Owen-Coyle-article749124.html

Rag I know

Trilla wrote: »
    Class sig dude

I just googled "Man Utd sig" and found a few good ones, saves me having to make one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

IvySlayer wrote: »

Omg and you call yourself a man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I agree...

this is far more worrying for you than me! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I saw that alright, Jeffren was linked with Udinese as he is a player Barca are willing to let go, but trust me, Thiago is staying at Barca unless an extortionate bid is made for him (in the region of 30m). He'll be 'the next big thing' midfield wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

At the parade today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

fox007 wrote: »
    Omg and you call yourself a man
    mars bar wrote: »
    I agree...

this is far more worrying for you than me! :pac:
    adox wrote: »
    At the parade today?

What can I say?

She's not my type :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

What can I say?

She's not my type :D

What, she's female? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Celtic star Emilio Izaguirre: Manchester United want me to sign

Emilio Izaguirre has claimed Manchester United have made an approach to Celtic about signing him.

The Honduran left-back was one of the Bhoys' standout players last season, following his post-World Cup move from Motagua.

Emilio Izaguirre is keen to join Manchester United (PA)
    His displays in the SPL caught the eye of scouts from Liverpool, but it now seems United are also in the running to land the 25-year-old.
    Asked about rumours linking him with a move away from Celtic, Izaguirre revealed the Red Devils were interested in him in January - and that he is keen to move to Old Trafford if he has the chance this summer.
    'I have to confirm it's 100 per cent true that Manchester United were following me and were interested in me,' he said.
    'It was Alex Ferguson directly who made contact with the Celtic directors. I am aware also that Manchester United and Celtic agreed for a meeting in July. We have to see what happens if I stay or I go.
    'If I have the chance I welcome the move with open arms. If that is the case I will thank God and I will take my opportunity.'
    Celtic boss Neil Lennon told the Daily Record he had not received any enquiries about Izaguirre and that far from looking to sell the Honduran, he hoped to persuade him to sign an improved contract.
    United handed current first choice left-back Patrice Evra a contract extension last season, but that has not stopped speculation that Ferguson is planning to bring in a replacement for the Frenchman this summer.
    The veteran boss has been linked with a move for Newcastle's Jose Enrique, who is likely to leave St James' Park after failing to agree terms for a new deal.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/867475-celtic-star-emilio-izaguirre-manchester-united-want-me-to-sign#ixzz1QJqhWvjf

Juventus 'definitely want' Manchester United's Park Ji-Sung - agent

By Ben Somerford
    25 Jun 2011 09:49:00

The Korean midfielder had told reporters earlier in the week he wants to remain at Old Trafford beyond his current contract but the Serie A giants appear keen to lure him to Italy

Juventus are ready to table a deal for Manchester United's Korean midfielder Park Ji-Sung, according to an Italian report.
    The 30-year-old, who will be out of contract at Old Trafford at the end of the 2011-12 season, had told reporters earlier this week he wants to stay with the Red Devils.
    However, Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici is keen to negotiate with United on Park, according to agent Federico Pastorello - who is set to hold the discussions with the Premier League champions on behalf of the Italian club.
    "Park's contract with Manchester United runs out in 2012 and Sir Alex Ferguson wants to keep him,” said Pastorello to Calcio Mercato.
    "However, Juventus technical secretary Fabio Paratici definitely wants him."
    Juventus are in the market for a midfielder, with new boss Antonio Conte allowing Alberto Aquilani to return to Liverpool after a loan spell, while Mohamed Sissoko and Felipe Melo could also be set for the exit door.
    Rumours have been rife about Park's future at United, despite Ferguson reportedly being keen to re-sign the Korean.
    Park, who had been linked with Spanish duo Atletico Madrid and Sevilla last week, also moved to dispel the speculation when he told reporters in Vietnam that he wants to remain at Old Trafford.
    "It would be [an] honour for me to keep playing for Manchester United," said Park.
    "I have nothing to say about any transfer rumours - I just want to stay at Manchester United.
    "As an Asian player, it's [an] honour to play for the biggest club in the world. I and other players want to achieve [a] 20th league title for United."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/25/2546955/juventus-definitely-want-manchester-uniteds-park-ji-sung

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Izaguirre/URL]

Might not be a bad option considering how poor Patrice Evra has been lately. He was a liability many times last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Izaguirre/URL]

Might not be a bad option considering how poor Patrice Evra has been lately. He was a liability many times last season.

Evra has openly admitted how poor his form was last season, he knows he has to get back to his best and imo he will come good again this season. Utd don't need to spend any money on fullbacks for a while yet, especially not while jos stays st the club. The twins, evra, and jos are adequate cover.

There's only one hole we need to fill now and that's where i hope the remainder of our summer budget gets spent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Now that the U21 Championships are over the De Gea signing will probably be official in the next week or so. Then we get to the good stuff! :D

Might be bought to make sure Evra does indeed up his performances again! :pac:

Latest rumour has O'Shea going to Real Madrid! :pac: He'd actually be a good signing for them. I'm still hoping to see us sign Modric. I think we have a chance, more of a chance then Chelsea actually but I do think he'll stay with Spurs. If/when we don't to get him I would like to see Martinez, he's like a better version of Carrick and younger and still getting better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

NOTW ''exclusive''.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/nol_sport/nol_football/clubs/manchester_united/1333570/Manchester-United-to-make-20m-bid-for-Arsenals-Samir-Nasri.html?CMP=SOCjam_TW_NOTW
    MANCHESTER UNITED will make a £20million bid for Arsenal contract rebel Samir Nasri this week.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has pledged he will NOT sell the French international to United.

But Old Trafford chief Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to test Arsenal's resolve to keep hold of a player who can go for nothing in 2012.

Nasri refuses to budge from his demand for a pay hike from £70,000 a week to £110,000. But the financially prudent Gunners are reluctant to offer Nasri more than £90,000 when talks resume.

Wenger has said Arsenal will sell Nasri and Gael Clichy, who also has only a year left on his current deal, rather than let them run down their contracts as Mathieu Flamini did.

And with captain Cesc Fabregas's future also in doubt, the club are facing a summer crisis.

Playmaker Fabregas, 24, will be on holiday this week in Catalonia where suitors Barcelona will be lurking.

The Champions League winners are preparing an improved offer after a £27m bid was rejected last week.

Arsenal have made it known they will not accept less than £44m but could be forced into doing business if his Catalan admirers slap a £35m offer on the table.

It is unlikely the Gunners will be able bolster his market value by convincing the Spaniard to extend his contract, which has three years left to run.

There are also growing concerns over his fitness, with hamstring injures dogging four of his last five seasons with the Gunners.

United are set to take their summer spending to more than £50m by completing the £18m signing of Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David de Gea this week.

Spurs midfielder Luka Modric remains a prime target for Ferguson but the Croatian has expressed a preference to move across London to Chelsea.

Snatching a star name like Nasri - who is 24 today - from one of United's big-four rivals would be a massive coup for Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

eugeneious wrote: »
    Latest rumour has O'Shea going to Real Madrid! :pac:

Link :eek::pac:

markc91 wrote: »
    Link :eek::pac:

Seen it on twitter. It's BS of the highest order but how amazing would it be for Madrid to sign O'Shea as their "Galactico" this year! :pac:

Seen it on twitter. It's BS of the highest order but how amazing would it be for Madrid to sign O'Shea as their "Galactico" this year! :pac:

Would not like to see O'Shea sold, but if he was to go it would be great to see him getting a chance to go to RM. Crazier things have happened!

Would not like to see O'Shea sold, but if he was to go it would be great to see him getting a chance to go to RM. Crazier things have happened!

+1 really hope stays. He's better then that Altintop fella they signed so who knows but I think we need to keep him for back up at full back although if he wanted to leave for some reason I wouldn't begrudge him the move.

• Advertisement

+1 really hope stays. He's better then that Altintop fella they signed so who knows but I think we need to keep him for back up at full back although if he wanted to leave for some reason I wouldn't begrudge him the move.

I love when someone reminds me of a class goal!

Not as good as this goal!

And of course the Arsenal one! I love how it takes him a second to fully realise how excellent it was! Sad that we won't see these Scholes passes anymore! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Ya that goal won the Puskas Award last year although I didn't think it was the best of the nominees. Nevertheless still an amazing goal.

EDIT: In other news;
    Marseille will tackle a team of Manchester United players and other football stars in a charity match in Monaco on August 2, organisers announced yesterday.

Funds raised by the match will go to the French charitable initiative ‘A Smile, a Hope for Life,’ which was set up in 2006 to help sick children and their families.

United coach Sir Alex Ferguson, a patron of the charity, and former Marseille and United goalkeeper Fabien Barthez will both be present, announced ex-OM goalkeeper Pascal Olmeta on the organisation’s website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Giggsy forgiven apparently. Link

Away from that, expect some time this week De Gea to be announced, or the week after the latest. Anyone watch the game tonight, how'd he look?

Also, his twitter.

Away from that, expect some time this week De Gea to be announced, or the week after the latest. Anyone watch the game tonight, how'd he look?

Also, his twitter.

De Gea only really had one save to make that i remember. Pretty quiet evening again.

De Gea only really had one save to make that i remember. Pretty quiet evening again.

His positioning for that save was really good. Shaqiri (I think it was him anyway) got savage power behind the volley but De Gea made it look easy with a punch away...

His positioning for that save was really good. Shaqiri (I think it was him anyway) got savage power behind the volley but De Gea made it look easy with a punch away...

He hasn't put a foot wrong the whole tournament. He did really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Giggsy forgiven apparently. Link

No surprise. She'll have realised that without him she can't spend 5k on shoes every week.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement