Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

eugeneious wrote: »

I'd be surprised.

They've signed Cabaye and he'll be first choice alongside Tiote in the centre of their midfield next season. Gibson won't leave to sit on the bench, and we can offer him 1st team football.

The newspapers have taken the option of just linking Newcastle to every player we want, and vice-versa. Very lazy journalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Paully D wrote: »
    No surprise. She'll have realised that without him she can't spend 5k on shoes every week.

Yes because divorce would entitle her to nothing ??? :rolleyes:
    I didn't click the link because i care little for people i don't know but your reply is quite naive regarding divorce tbh. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

No surprise. She'll have realised that without him she can't spend 5k on shoes every week.
    Yup, nothing to do with them having a family together or anything so trivial as that, it's all about the 5k shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

d22ontour wrote: »
    Yes because divorce would entitle her to nothing ??? :rolleyes:
    I didn't click the link because i care little for people i don't know but your reply is quite naive regarding divorce tbh. ;)

It's the front page of the NOTW, apparently they have decided it's the most vital piece of news they have that the public should be made aware of tomorrow. Kerry Katona being homeless or something is the second most vital story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Yup, nothing to do with them having a family together or anything so trivial as that, it's all about the 5k shoes.

She has absolutely no self respect.

Yeah, it'd be much better for her and her family and kids if they have a massively public divorce saga that was all over the papers, much better indeed.

She has kids to think of before her own self respect.

Plus, have you ever seen him play football? He's got some nice moves and touches! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Just seen Thiago's goal against Switzerland in the U21 Euro final, some nerve. Brilliant goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nailz wrote: »
    Just seen Thiago's goal against Switzerland in the U21 Euro final, some nerve. Brilliant goal.
    Ditto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Its nothing on Maynor Figueroa:p

But yeah, very good strike.

Btw, Gold Cup final in on, ko is in 5 minutes. Come on Hernandez:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

Its nothing on Maynor Figueroa:p

But yeah, very good strike.

Btw, Gold Cup final in on, ko is in 5 minutes. Come on Hernandez:D
    on tv?

Btwndeyes wrote: »
    on tv?

Its on British Eurosport 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

What has that got to do with Man United??

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    What has that got to do with Man United??
    It's a Man United fan talking to other Man United fans about a player i'm sure we'd all like to be a Man United player.

What did your post have to do with Man United??

• Advertisement

It's a Man United fan talking to other Man United fans about a player i'm sure we'd all like to be a Man United player.

What did your post have to do with Man United??
    A player United were linked with today.

A player United were linked with today.
    Ah I don't really pay attention the twitter rumours :pac:

Hate getting my hopes up :(

Ah I don't really pay attention the twitter rumours :pac:

Hate getting my hopes up :(

F all the rumours! We have Chico! :D

Hernandez won Player of the tournament, as well as the top goal scorer. He was so happy getting his trophys.

Dead happy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wanrek

Chicharito to score 30+ this season ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Peterborough swoop Man United prodigy
    Jun 26 2011 by Dean Jones, The People

Add a comment
    Recommend
    SIR ALEX FERGUSON is ready to help out his son at PETERBOROUGH by loaning him 18-year-old prodigy Ryan Tunnicliffe. Posh boss Darren Ferguson needs a powerful midfielder – and Fergie senior will oblige by loaning him last season’s Youth Cup-winning starlet on a short-term contract.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/06/26/peterborough-swoop-man-united-prodigy-102039-23226866/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Peterborough swoop Man United prodigy
    Jun 26 2011 by Dean Jones, The People

Add a comment
    Recommend
    SIR ALEX FERGUSON is ready to help out his son at PETERBOROUGH by loaning him 18-year-old prodigy Ryan Tunnicliffe. Posh boss Darren Ferguson needs a powerful midfielder – and Fergie senior will oblige by loaning him last season’s Youth Cup-winning starlet on a short-term contract.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/06/26/peterborough-swoop-man-united-prodigy-102039-23226866/

Suits all parties involved. Wonder is Pogba going to go out on loan too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7005795,00.html
    Udinese owner Gianpaolo Pozzo claims Manchester City are the favourites to land Alexis Sanchez.

It appeared as though the Premier League outfit had been overtaken in the race for the Chilean's signature by Barcelona.
    Udinese, though, believe the Blues are the club most likely to put together a package capable of landing the highly-rated 22-year-old.

At the moment, City are reluctant to meet Sanchez's £44million valuation, with Roberto Mancini hoping to strike a deal closer to £30million.

Udinese are prepared to stand firm in the transfer market and ensure that they get the best possible price, but Pozzo concedes that there is little the Serie A outfit can do if City present a suitable offer.

He said: "If he was to leave, I would say that City have the highest probability of success."

Should City make their move, they will hope to have an agreement in place by the time Sanchez takes in his first game for Chile at the Copa America on 4th July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

IMO, City will be able to outbid Barca every day of the week and offer the player more money, but ultimately he wants to go to Barca and thats where he'll end up. If they can't make it happen he'll stay at Udinese and play CL for them and try and get his move the following Summer.

Sky live transfers claim that Thiago Alacantra may be interested in a moveout of Camp Nou

Sky live transfers claim that Thiago Alacantra may be interested in a moveout of Camp Nou

Whats the betting he'll move to England for a couple of seasons, play brilliantly and then rediscover his Barca DNA? :pac:

I'll give you 1/3 on.

Seriously though, if he comes, I'll be more than content, great wee player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'll give you 1/3 on.

Seriously though, if he comes, I'll be more than content, great wee player.

If they buy Fabregas, his appearances will be quite limited at Barca, could push him out quicker!

If they buy Fabregas, his appearances will be quite limited at Barca.

In the unlikely event that they were wiling to sell (and I don't think they are -he's very highly rated) he's only pend a year or two at United befpore he'd be agitating for a move back over.

A rumour that has little chance of being true and wouldn't even be in the club's best interest to pursue IMHO.

One can only hope that Cesc does go as I feel Thiago will leave Barcelona if that happens. But I reckon Barca think Fabregas is past his sell by date, and if they were to go for him it will be for a substantial amount less than Arsenal want him for. That will hinder the chances of Thiago going, although there is still a chance regardless in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

But I reckon Barca think Fabregas is past his sell by date, and if they were to go for him it will be for a substantial amount less than Arsenal want him for.

Utterly stupid statement,Barca want Fab for as cheap as possible.Why not put out feelers to save a few million on a purchase price.......
    In no way is Fab past his best as you said,ridiculous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

SSN
    Speculation: Reports in Italy claim Manchester United are to make a big-money approach for Napoli's highly-rated forward Edinson Cavani. It is understood the Red Devils had the Uruguayan watched on several occasions last season.

Anyone know much about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

SSN

Anyone know much about him?

He's probably the best player in Serie A. Would love to see him but would cost a fortune.

He's probably the best player in Serie A. Would love to see him but would cost a fortune.

Plus if he was coming in, Berba would definitely going IMO.

Didn't Cavani only sign permanently for Napoli this Summer after being on loan from Palermo the season before? He won't be going anywhere this season unless we're talking absolutely really silly money.

Love the way the article says "ready to" make an offer for him. What does that even mean? Why not just make the offer?

He is a very good player though, ripped it up in Italy last season. In terms of style very much a goalscoring striker who gets on the end of things. Can score with head and feet, but not great at link up play.

For me it's a toss up between him and Pastore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pastore.

Are we supposed to be signing him too?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

For me it's a toss up between him and Pastore.

Pastore/Sanchez at a canter, Cavani isn't even the best player at Napoli. He's a good strong centre forward type but he's not in the top bracket.

dahat wrote: »
    Are we supposed to be signing him too?:D
    s.welstead wrote: »
    Pastore/Sanchez at a canter, Cavani isn't even the best player at Napoli. He's a good strong centre forward type but he's not in the top bracket.

Let's just sign them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

killwill wrote: »
    Suits all parties involved. Wonder is Pogba going to go out on loan too?

Think Pogba and Morrison will be in around the squad this year. So Carling cup and the likes.
    Unless of course we do end up with a new centre midfield signing in which case Pogba or Tunnicliffe will go on loan.

There's no way Fergie will let Morrison go out on loan until he's copped onto himself.

Anyone else think De Gea will be the end of our summer spending??? Disappointed if so after we started so early but hey youth players are really the best we've had in a loooong time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Cavani is unreal, if you want a striker who will score all kinds of goals he is your man, he's going to be an absolute star. He's in love with Naples though, and I can't see him leaving there, unless as flah said, there's a ridiculous bid put in for him, around the 40 or 50 million mark.

Think Pogba and Morrison will be in around the squad this year. So Carling cup and the likes.
    Unless of course we do end up with a new centre midfield signing in which case Pogba or Tunnicliffe will go on loan.

There's no way Fergie will let Morrison go out on loan until he's copped onto himself.

Anyone else think De Gea will be the end of our summer spending??? Disappointed if so after we started so early but hey youth players are really the best we've had in a loooong time.

Most people seem to think we'll sign 5 players in total so I think we'll sign a central midfielder and possibly a striker/acm if Berba goes.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Cavani is unreal, if you want a striker who will score all kinds of goals he is your man, he's going to be an absolute star. He's in love with Naples though, and I can't see him leaving there, unless as flah said, there's a ridiculous bid put in for him, around the 40 or 50 million mark.

Yeah, he was sensational last season, IMO he was the main reason napoli got CL football. He really is a top class centre forward: good in the air, poaches goals, can take players on and run with the ball and can play either on his own or in a 2 or 3 man front line. He won't go though as you say unless ridiculous money is bid.

Most people seem to think we'll sign 5 players in total so I think we'll sign a central midfielder and possibly a striker/acm if Berba goes.

I think that figure of 5 players came about more because people want it to be true than anything based on fact. Fact is Fergie said three, now if we are taking Jones as one that was signed a year early (which in itself could be - and probably is -bullsh*t) than at most there 'll be one more after de Gea and Young.

If I was a betting man I'd say de Gea will be end of the Summer purchasing unless an established senior player is sold such as Berba (and tbh I could even see him going with Roo/Chico/Owen/Welbeck/Young in that situation, much as that would displease the Muppets). IMO, Fergie has far more faith in his squad of players than your average interbet FM wannabe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

We need a Hamsik not a Pastore or a Cavani.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Stop feeding the frenzy eZe.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I think that figure of 5 players came about more because people want it to be true than anything based on fact. Fact is Fergie said three, now if we are taking Jones as one that was signed a year early (which in itself could be - and probably is -bullsh*t) than at most there 'll be one more after de Gea and Young.

If I was a betting man I'd say de Gea will be end of the Summer purchasing unless an established senior player is sold such as Berba (and tbh I could even see him going with Roo/Chico/Owen/Welbeck/Young in that situation, much as that would displease the Muppets). IMO, Fergie has far more faith in his squad of players than your average interbet FM wannabe.

It seems pretty common knowledge amongst pretty much everyone that Jones wasn't a planned signing so that means he was signed on top of Fergie's planned 3 (Which also could be BS) and considering it's not even July I struggle to see how you can be so confident that our businesses is done.

If anything I'd be nearly certain that we'll sign at least one more player. As I've mentioned Fergie supposedly wanted 3 signings and has got 2 of them along with Jones. We have a gapping hole in central midfield now that Scholes and Gibbo are both Gone/likely to be gone as well as our top goal scorer looking increasingly likely to leave and the club have not yet said their finished signing players. Add to that the fact that many decent sites such as the BBC, Guardian and the Times suggesting Fergie wants a total of 5 players I can't for the life of me see why you are confident we won't sign anyone else.

The diving back-heel goal is phenomenal!

One thing is for sure, Morrison is not going on loan. Ha can you imagine him let loose?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement