Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Samba wrote: »
    Someone kept telling me Barca only had a 40m transfer kitty, yet today it's been reported they've signed Sanchez, an official approach for Fabregas has been made and a bid for Rossi rejected.

I think this is what your referring to, Sandro Rosell speaking recently;
    "We'll see what happens in the transfer market. Initially, we have €45 million but we might use part of next year's money too," he said. "[Pep] Guardiola has his preferences, but he doesn't talk about names, he talks about positions that should be strengthened."
    Samba wrote: »
    We should act on the Rossi buy back clause just to spite them :pac:

That possibility ended when Rossi signed a new contract last January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

TheTownie wrote: »
    I think this is what your referring to, Sandro Rosell speaking recently;

That possibility ended when Rossi signed a new contract last January.

the rags reckon barca are now offering villa to chelsea and city to pay for sanchezu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6996252,00.html
    Fellaini casts doubts over future

Marouane Fellaini has raised doubts about his Everton future by revealing he wants to play in the UEFA Champions League.

The Toffees are keen to tie down the Belgium international to a new contract, but as yet no new deal has been agreed.

Fellaini, who has two years left on his current terms, has cast doubt on his Goodison Park stay by claiming he wants to be playing at the highest level.

"One thing is certain, I want to play in a team that wins trophies and plays in the Champions League," Fellaini is quoted as saying in the News of the World.

"But Everton is a team below the top level."

He'd be a great signing, I don't think he'd be the answer to our midfield problems but who knows, he might reach another level playing for UTD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Javier the little star! His 6th goal in the tournament after only 4 games.

How can you not love the guy? Top scorer next season...anyone?

OK I love Hernandez, but I'd fancy my chances of getting a game for some of the teams in the Gold Cup!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6996294,00.html
    Striker Javier Hernandez is determined to build on his 'dream' debut season for Manchester United.

Hernandez, currently on Gold Cup duty with Mexico, scored 20 goals for the Red Devils following his arrival from Guadalajara last summer to help United win the Premier League and reach the Champions League final.

And he has no plans to be a one-season wonder, with the 23-year-old telling L'Equipe: "I am very happy that, as a squad, we won the English championship.

"This is a wonderful thing, especially after a title race so competitive. Chelsea, Arsenal and even Manchester City battled to the end, but we never doubted our strength.

"Our team has such soul and such spirit. Success is written into the DNA of this club. I'm at the best club in the world.

"Everything is done to succeed and win titles. There is only the Champions League defeat that sticks in the throat.

"Personally, I am extremely happy with my season, but I do not rest on my laurels. I want to do even better next season. I want to help this club to make history. "
    Hernandez admitted his goal tally had taken even him by surprise on his first season in English football.

Dream season

"Early in the season, I thought I would have limited playing time, or very limited," he said.

"At best, I thought my season would be coming off the bench late in games, trying to unlock a complicated situation.

"Basically, the aim for the season was essentially to adapt to the Premier League, especially physically. But gradually I got playing time, and I started to feel confident, scoring a few goals early in the season.

"Everything was so fast. I could not have hoped for it. I had a dream season."

Hernandez says his team's 2-1 win at Stoke on 24th October was when he really felt comfortable as a United player.

"There was a game that really made me realise that I could have an interesting season. It was the match against Stoke City in which I scored twice," he said.

"Throughout the match, I felt perfectly at ease in the game. I felt like I had been playing for Manchester United for 10 years!

"Thanks to my team-mates, I could express myself freely on the pitch. I think it was the pivotal game in my season. I will remember it all my life."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6996252,00.html

He'd be a great signing, I don't think he'd be the answer to our midfield problems but who knows, he might reach another level playing for UTD.

It'd be great to have him. He'd definetely improve our midfield options; and with Young whipping in corners and freekicks to him, Vidic, Smalling etc. we'll be even more of a threat from set pieces.

EDIT: Seems to have a few injury problems though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Javier the little star! His 6th goal in the tournament after only 4 games.

How can you not love the guy? Top scorer next season...anyone?

He's favourite for top scorer with most bookies.

I'd favour Rooney to score more than Hernandez.

I'd favour Rooney to score more than Hernandez.

He's 2nd fav like 1/2 a point behind :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Im sick to the teeth of the transfer rumours tbh.

• Advertisement

In other news, this will have a huge impact on the development of youth in the UK. That 90 minute rule will be scrapped too.
    Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has had his calls for radical changes to the coaching of young players in academies approved by the Premier League.

According to News of the World, the Elite Performance Plan was approved by chairmen at an end-of-season meeting, and paves the way for top English clubs to match and even surpass the so-called Barcelona model of training youngsters.

The current system, where the coaching of players is limited to 2,000 hours between the ages of 10 and 18 has been amended to allow players to be coached for up to 10,000 hours.

In addition, the rule that players have to live within 90 minutes of their clubs has been scrapped altogether, although the issue of compensation for clubs from lower divisions for their youngsters is still to be resolved.

The changes proposed by Ferguson will come into force at the start of the 2012-13 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

New and shiny thread doesn't seem so new and shiny. :(

I hate missing the opening of the new thread!

Anyway, g'wan the Chicharito. Seriously hope he doesn't suffer second season syndrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Outstanding. Let's hope that we'll be able to start producing the top quality we used to from within the usual boundaries of the Atlantic Isles rather than having to take talent from abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I'd be worried about Chico - with all the football he is going to be playing over the summer he may be knackered at the start of the season!

I'd be worried about Chico - with all the football he is going to be playing over the summer he may be knackered at the start of the season!

Fergie has said he'll be rested for the beginning of the season. I'd say we'll see him as a sub for the Spurs game with the aim to have him refreshed for the Chelsea and Arsenal games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Great news on the youth development front. Hopefully we'll see Utd bringing through more young British and Irish players.

Gold cup final is 25th June then he will be finished for summer. Plenty of time for a break to be fair, much better than the majority of players most summer since they will have copa america, World Cup or Euro's. Don't really see it as being that big a deal. The U21's in their Euro Champs are in the same boat as him.

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Gold cup final is 25th June then he will be finished for summer. Plenty of time for a break to be fair, much better than the majority of players most summer since they will have copa america, World Cup or Euro's. Don't really see it as being that big a deal. The U21's in their Euro Champs are in the same boat as him.

Is he not in the Copa America squad?

Is he not in the Copa America squad?

No. They have two squads set out. The Copa America one being the equivalent of a "B" team.

• Advertisement

Thank christ for that CONCACAF rule !
    Limitations placed by CONCACAF and with the Gold Cup in mind, Mexico's manager had to pick players that are part of the Under-22 category plus 5 members outside of that circle.

Below is the full squad list:

Goalkeepers

Luis Ernesto Michel Vergara - Guadalajara
    Liborio Sánchez - Veracruz
    Carlos Felipe Rodríguez - Monarcas

Defenders

Jonny Magallón - Guadalajara
    Miguel Ponce - Guadalajara
    Darvin Chávez - Atlas
    Néstor Vidrio - Atlas
    Hiram Mier - Monterrey
    Néstor Araujo - Cruz Azul
    Paul Aguilar - America
    Israel Jiménez - Tigres
    Fernando Navarro - Atlante

Midfielders

Jorge Enríquez - Guadalajara
    Marco Fabián de la Mora - Guadalajara
    Javier Aquino - Cruz Azul
    Jorge Hernández - Jaguares
    David Cabrera - Pumas
    Diego Reyes - América
    Néstor Calderón - Toluca
    Jonathan Dos Santos - Barcelona B
    Edgar Pacheco - Atlas

Forwards

Rafael Márquez Lugo - Monarcas
    Javier Cortes - Pumas
    Oribe Peralta - Santos
    Carlos Vela - Arsenal
    Erick Torres - Guadalajara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I wonder if Chico's dad is out there scouting for us - apparently we have employed him.

Sneijder's in Vegas - wonder if he's met Young ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Discodog wrote: »
    I wonder if Chico's dad is out there scouting for us - apparently we have employed him.

Maybe Young could bring him back on the plane with him.

Speaking of Sneijder in the USA, this has been doing the rounds.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

christ those pap's are a right shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Was there something mentioned about United towards the start of that video? Or am I hearing things!

• Advertisement

Really interesting article in the Sunday Times (can't link subscription only) about Modric & Levy.

The article points out that Levy's history is to hold out to the very last minute & that this has caused problems because it's then too late to spend the money & get a replacement. Also there is a big risk that buyers will of gone elsewhere.

This attitude effects us because this is the way that he sold us Berba & Carrick. So we may be assuming that he will do the same with Modric. Only Harry being Harry, he has spouted off continuously that Spurs must not sell Modric. Because Levy made similar "we will not sell" statements about Carrick & Berba, we won't believe him.

So we may be in a tricky situation if we assume that Spurs will sell & then find out that Levy means it this time. The funny part is that Harry has said that selling Modric would confirm that Spurs are a mid table club - which is kind of what Modric was suggesting.

markc1184 wrote: »
    Was there something mentioned about United towards the start of that video? Or am I hearing things!

That was why I posted it here! I wasn't posting it because of his spiffing suit :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

That was why I posted it here! I wasn't posting it because of his spiffing suit :pac:

What was it? Trying to watch it on my phone which has the smallest and worst speaker known to man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Obertan to Lille on loan? http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/06/19/gabriel-obertan-in-the-dark-over-lille-loan/44009/

He seems to know nothing of it,I'd let him go,he has contributed very little in his time here.

I don't know if it was on that video but there are rumours that he was asked if he was joining United & replied "we will see".

EDIT That is what he says on the video !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

What was it? Trying to watch it on my phone which has the smallest and worst speaker known to man.

"Good to see you man, so are you going to Man United or what?"

"Ah, we will see"

Rooney10 wrote: »
    "Ah, we will see"

This together with his God quotes - decisive kind of guy !

Just had a thought. Good looking player, lots of media interest, famous glamorous wife that's in the news - keeps reminding me of someone !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Just had a thought. Good looking player, lots of media interest, famous glamorous wife that's in the news - keeps reminding me of someone !

Bill Oddie?

Bill Oddie?

You're confusing good looking with "Goodie" :D

Mind you they both have an eye for a good looking bird.

You're confusing good looking with "Goodie" :D

Mind you they both have an eye for a good looking bird.

Ha, clever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I think we´re going to go all out on schneider plus a cheeeky bid for rodwell.

I think we´re going to go all out on schneider

I think that we've been there before but his wage "demands" of 175k per week don't seem that impossible - we need to come up with a performance based wage structure ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Really hope we do try hard to get Snjedier as we seem to lost out on other marquee players.
    Rodwell is a mystery to me,loads seem to like him but i have not seen alot to really judge him..

Not aimed at you homer as there are other people that do the same but now that we have a new thread, can we please start spelling Sneijder's name properly?!

Ok so I have only been on Boards for a few years but this is the first thread where I have seen posters repeatedly correcting spelling & grammar. I never knew that United fans were so precise.

• Advertisement

Ok so I have only been on Boards for a few years but this is the first thread where I have seen posters repeatedly correcting spelling & grammar. I never knew that United fans were so precise.

It is a necessary evil in the relentless pursuit of perfection. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

WE'RE MAN UNITED AND WE DO WHAT WE WANT !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Hedman

Considering how much he'll cost + amount he'll demand in wages, Sneidjer really wouldn't be a great signing given he can only really play the Rooney role.

Apparently Newcastle are favourites to sign Berbatov. :eek: I really couldn't see that happening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Wasn't he a Newcastle fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

I feel we may have finished our transfer dealings after we sign Young. As mentioned already Sneider plays a similar position to Rooney i.e support role to the main striker which in our case is Hernandez

billyhead wrote: »
    As mentioned already Sneider plays a similar position to Rooney i.e support role to the main striker

If Modric can play CM there's no reason at all why Sneijder can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

So looks like Nasri was using us to get a better contract. Shame really because he would of done well at OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Rojiblancos

mars bar wrote: »
    Not aimed at you homer as there are other people that do the same but now that we have a new thread, can we please start spelling Sneijder's name properly?!

Dont hold much hope for signing Sneijder but I'd get a good laugh outta people goin around wearin Man Utd Sneider/Schneider jerseys though:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Hedman

If Modric can play CM there's no reason at all why Sneijder can't.

It doesn't work like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement