Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Paully D wrote: »
    Ben Arfa out for another 5 or 6 weeks, according to the Chronicle.

Unfortunate.
    Another derby he'll miss because of injury: hopefully he'll be able for the return fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

So we missed the deadline for registering a new left back..... Fcuking amatures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Barton starting tomorrow, according to Colin Young of the Daily Mail.

Also, there's reports Collocini has been sold to Valencia. No idea if that's true though, but it is gathering speed:

http://www.deportevalenciano.com/2011/08/12/coloccini-nuevo-jugador-del-valencia

http://www.goal.com/es/news/21/fichajes/2011/08/12/2617385/mercado-coloccini-podr%C3%ADa-ser-el-central-que-tanto-busca-el

€5m according to those links. Surely that couldn't be true, although he is apparently on £80,000 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Also, there's reports Collocini has been sold to Valencia. No idea if that's true though, but it is gathering speed:

http://www.deportevalenciano.com/2011/08/12/coloccini-nuevo-jugador-del-valencia

http://www.goal.com/es/news/21/fichajes/2011/08/12/2617385/mercado-coloccini-podr%C3%ADa-ser-el-central-que-tanto-busca-el

€5m according to those links. Surely that couldn't be true, although he is apparently on £80,000 a week.

Seen that in the Mail a few days ago also. I think it could very well happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Selling Collo would be a disaster, just can't happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭spudwiser

Saw that yesterday alright. Words would not be enough to describe that decision.

Reportedly in for Aly Cissokho with a €6m bid.

Coloccini not going anywhere; Valencia Director confirmed that there isn't any interest. Although, mind you £80,000 a week is ridiculous.

Can't wait for tomorrow. ESPN HD as well which is nice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Forgot to post this a few weeks ago folks.

This years code for the Boards NUFC fantasy league is 377038-106659 for anyone that wants to join

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Best of luck for the season lads, if I was offered 17th place now I'd take it tbh! Think we should be ok but knowing d!ckhead A**ley he'll have a few more tricks up his sleeve over the next few months just to keep the football world entertained.

Anyway....

Howay the lads

The best of bad luck this season lads! I hope it's a shit one ;) :pac:

• Advertisement

I think the one word analysis of todays game lads would be "gutsy".

We didnt have much of the ball, did not really look that threatening but this team is a work in progress. I thought Colo was man of the match, was close between him and Taylor. As for the new lads, was surprised to not see Marveaux on the bench is he injured or what?
    Cabaye was a solid enough performer in midfield, he does the simple things well but for the first 30 minutes seemed to be playing behind Tiote so the tactics were very defensive.
    Demba Ba didnt do much but he didnt get the service either to be fair so when he as substituted at half time it was understandable.
    Obertan came on for Ba and made a few great runs and had a few nice touches, he may be useful after all but time will tell.
    Ryan Taylor played left back and was not too bad at all considering.
    I thought Simpson was pretty poor and was skinned all too often.
    Jonas was his usual workhorse but I did miss the interplay that used to happen between him and Jose. Hopefully we will get a new left back in that he can gel with.
    Ameobi was......no comment........
    and as for Joey, his performance was solid and gave all as per usual. I think his passion takes control of him sometimes though and needs to be tamed.

All in all a defensive performance that got the point which I am sure Pardew was after.

Roll on the derby........

On another note, Erik Pieters played for PSV tonight and got booked. If the move is so imminent then I doubt he would have been playing so that's likely another player we won't get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11678_7102519,00.html

I've not heard of the chap but if he's forcing a move out of the club, who's to say he won't do that in a few years time to us.

At this stage though, I'd take anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Whats the story with Sylvain Marveaux, is he going to get on or where is he?

Raoul wrote: »
    Whats the story with Sylvain Marveaux, is he going to get on or where is he?

Groin injury apparently. :rolleyes:

That_Guy wrote: »
    Groin injury apparently. :rolleyes:

How long will he be out for?:mad:

How long will he be out for?:mad:

Not sure really. Hopefully not too long.

Put him in my FF team, thinking that he would be at least on the bench. :(

Well lads! All set for the big one at the weekend? How do you see the game going?

Well lads! All set for the big one at the weekend? How do you see the game going?

I'll be in that mindset tomorrow my good man. Still digesting this weekends action. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

Put him in my FF team, thinking that he would be at least on the bench. :(

he played a full 90 for the ressies lastnight. He's only just back to full fitness after being out all season. reckon he'll be on the bench against the unwashed.

Bring in a keeper, let Forster go on loan... What the fúck?

The club are aware that it's a striker, a left back and a centre back we need right?

Fúcking mongs.

EDIT: There's Harper gone anyway which is a pity because he's a fantastic goalkeeper. Hopefully he's offered a coaching role at least.

I think Harps will stay, hes getting old like. And showed it parts of last season. But what about Sodeberg!? Obviously Forsters going to earn a permenant move to Celtic but that numpty is clearly brought in as cover for the first 2!? It makes no sense! Theres something very Nacho Gonzalez about all this...abeit it not being a favour to some south American agents, but to agents in London!!!

Pardew on SSN:
    We had to sell Enrique in order to sign a left back

Absolute horse shít from Pardew once again who is now nothing but a mouthpiece for the FCB upstairs.

Where the fúck is the £47 million we've collectively gotten from Carroll, Nolan, Routledge and Enrique?

Any of you read Sir Bobby's autobiography? He said that Harper got a bonus every time he didn't make an appearance!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Does anyone know if Harper was injured for the Arsenal game?? I thought he had an injury but i read in the northern echo this morning that apparantly he surrendered the 2nd goalkeeping position to Forster to give the chap some experience??!!
    I've always preffered Harper over Krul,I know Krul has the ability to pull off a save that maybe harper wouldn't but harper is far better at distribution,crosses and his confidence to the back 4.

in the SOS, sh*tting bricks...dont know what to do with my time so im on the net. HOWAY THE LADS!

Anyone got a stream? has to be flash but no vshare (in work :( )

• Advertisement

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Get fúcking in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm gonna have a big beaming smile on my face for a week. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Some result, everyone fought and scrapped for every ball, defense was superb.

Best of all was Mrs.Doubtfire with a big fml face near the end as his expensively assembled team of hatchetmen lose. Again.

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Dire game but feck it I'm happy! 180 mins played and no goal conceded isn't bad going and it wasn't as if we were playing cannon fodder teams.
    Howay the lads!

Great result lads. Here are Pardews comments

Fulham up next and hopefully a couple of players in by then. Fulham might be a bit tired with the midweek game they have. 7 from 9 before the international break would be alot more than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Lets all laugh at Sunderland!!!

Still buzzing. In terms of our defence we looked quite good but we definitely need more bodies there.

Attack is very worrying as we don't look like scoring from open play. Hopefully some signings are done and quickly before the Fulham game next weekend.

I'll let the worrying nature of our paper thin squad rest for a while though and savour a great victory. :D

• Advertisement

SSN says PArdew is watching the PSV game today to see what Pieters is like.

Watched the first half an hour and the team they are playing are not great. Pieters has been solid enough and likes to get in support for the attacks which is good.

You can watch here

Fingers crossed this is the case baz mate. Pieters looks decent and could be the perfect replacement for Enrique.

I hope he's got Carr out looking at strikers too.

Fulham lost today against Wolves. With a Europa League game in store for Fulham on Thursday and the game against us on Sunday, it could be an excellent time to play them and if we get at them early on, we could win quite comfortably. With the derby win, the home crowd will be buzzing.

Rare optimism. :pac:

AXZRSyDCEAA8QgT.jpg

Well well well, what can I say.

Top Dogs of the North-East again.

Newcastle-Uniteds-Ryan-Ta-005.jpg

Usual scum from the Mackems as well, disgusting tackle from Bardsley on Coloccini. Nearly broke the lads leg.

Doocey wrote: »
    Well well well, what can I say.

Top Dogs of the North-East again.

Newcastle-Uniteds-Ryan-Ta-005.jpg

Usual scum from the Mackems as well, disgusting tackle from Bardsley on Coloccini. Nearly broke the lads leg.

Some poor challenges, lets not forget Cabaye's challenge though, that was a shocker. Colo and Jonas got clobbered alright!

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Fingers crossed this is the case baz mate. Pieters looks decent and could be the perfect replacement for Enrique.

I hope he's got Carr out looking at strikers too.

Fulham lost today against Wolves. With a Europa League game in store for Fulham on Thursday and the game against us on Sunday, it could be an excellent time to play them and if we get at them early on, we could win quite comfortably. With the derby win, the home crowd will be buzzing.

Rare optimism. :pac:

k162716_father-ted-careful-now.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

It was a shocking tackle from Cabaye as well so id get down off that high horse

Mr Alan wrote: »

Tried to intercept that :)

Mr Alan wrote: »

Agreed. Was a terrible challenge.

Doocey wrote: »
    Agreed. Was a terrible challenge.

awful challenge from Yohan but whoever it was he challenged, their foot was well off the ground. I could be wrong but Colo foot was on the ground or barely off it?? Bardsleys was def a straight red, not a second yellow. No argument with Cabayes card...

Was at the game and overall, unreal day. Cabaye in particular impressed me, constantly looking for something off the ball. Our influx of midfielders has appeared to have put the shíts up Jonas....played fantastic. Tracked back to aid R Taylor, attacked and caused all sorts of hassle for the smb...and bout time too!

Looking forward to seeing the likes of Vuckic, Abeid and Sammy Ameobi on Thursday against Scunthorpe.

121532490.jpg

Does STaylor get the final touch? :pac:

Nah, I don't think so Doocey. Would be cruel to take that away from Ryan.

Nah watched the video again and I think STaylor was quite a bit off it too.
    Then again, was just a decent excuse to pop in a nicely sized photo of the winner :pac:

Where's the Sunderland fans these days? :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement