Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Poor display. They are utter sh1te and we are mopping around in 2nd gear with tame shots and floated crosses into nowhere. Up the bloody pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dinking balls into Stoke's box is not a tactic we should be employing given the height they have. When we pass to feet, we've created better opportunities.

Movement off the ball has been utter crap. Laboured and attacking them on the break just can't happen if this continues on.

Gouffran looks lively but just can't compose himself when through on goal. Pity.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Garbage. Anzi all.over again....

Jonas off please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Tiote is ****ing brainless.

Idiotic challenge. Cost us time and time again this season.

Can anyone see us turning this around?

It's infuriating to lose to godawful teams like this.

Told my mate to put a tenner on stoke. He didn't....

Another game on complete control that we loose.

Goufran and Jonas off now

Still pissed with this performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Cabs for Taoiseach.

• Advertisement

Hopeless crossing today

M5 wrote: »
    Hopeless crossing today

Get in.

Sh1te performance, good result :pac:

Stoke are a horrible horrible team.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Can anyone see us turning this around?

It's infuriating to lose to godawful teams like this.

:o:o:o:o

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

• Advertisement

god that was chronic, fair result in the end though! Must work on our corners and crossing! Abysmal!

3rd home game in a row we have come from behind to win. What was that statistic, that we had never come from behind to win under Pardew? :)

3rd home game in a row we have come from behind to win. What was that statistic, that we had never come from behind to win under Pardew? :)

Long overdue to be fair to those criticizing the fact. Lets get the corner monkey off our backs next 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Sissoko becomes a better passer he will be one of the best players in the world I think. He made a lot of great runs today beating players and all but the final ball was poor every time.

eagle eye wrote: »
    If Sissoko becomes a better passer he will be one of the best players in the world I think. He made a lot of great runs today beating players and all but the final ball was poor every time.

His passing was under par today. Set up a few goals with clever passing already. Looks the part but I'm in the wait and see camp. Plenty of players set the world alight in their first few games. Hope your right though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

a great win for ye today vs the most hated team in the prem..
    some free from cabye & through ball from marveaux for cisses weiner

That really was a glorious free kick. Just stroked it in. Beautiful.

Booo! changing post after FT!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Relieved with that win yesterday, but thought the performance was quite ordinary. Stoke should have come away with something and deserved to, as Newcastle made very hard work of getting through them.

Tactics throughout were maddening. Stoke were asking Newcastle to cross the ball and each time Newcastle obliged. I'd love to know how many crosses Newcastle put in that found the keeper or a Stoke player first. Instead of remaining patient and waiting for a hole to open up (as what happened with Cisse's goal) Newcastle gifted the ball back to them time after time.

Thought Sissoko was poor, Goufran was wasteful (although he got in good position), Cisse was anonymous and Jonas was his usual self. Cabaye was awesome all day and the reason why Newcastle won.

All in all the three points is what mattered and we are one step closer to safety. Takes that bit of pressure off the league now, so Newcastle can focus on the Europa. But we will need a much improved performance on Thursday if we want any hope of beating Anzhi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Delighted with the 3 points yesterday, for all the posession Newcastle had the ball was constantly put out wide. Santon, Debuchy & Jonas for all their hard work just can't cross the ball. I thought Haidara was excellent when he came on & I'd love to see him get a run in the side. Santon needs a kick up the hole, great going forward but he just can't defend. If Santon moved to the left wing & Haidara went left back I think the whole team would improve as we all know Santon loves to take on lads & cut inside.

The only way to beat Stoke is to play through the middle, they constantly pushed Newcastle wide by crowding the middle in the final 3rd. I'm delighted for Marveaux as I think he is a decent player he just needs an extended run in the side to get his confidence up. Lovely finish by Cissé which will begs the question why isn't he told not to stir from the opposition's box when Newcastle have the ball? He constantly has his back to goal & comes deep at the wrong time. His goal against Villa is a prime example of what I mean. He just hung between the centre halfs ont the edge of the box. A great through ball by Sissoko & he buried it. Great to see Adam Campbell get a run as well, he's a great player I played against him when he was about 14 & he was class & I've kept an eye on him ever since. Good end to the week & its sets the team up nicely for Thursday.

M5 wrote: »
    Booo! changing post after FT!!!!!!

huh? that was my post? We were hopeless yesterday.

Motivator wrote: »
    I thought Haidara was excellent when he came on & I'd love to see him get a run in the side. Santon needs a kick up the hole, great going forward but he just can't defend. If Santon moved to the left wing & Haidara went left back I think the whole team would improve as we all know Santon loves to take on lads & cut inside.

I think Haidara is Santon's replacement. Considering A.C. Milan have been rumoured to have been interested in the last two windows, I have a feeling they will cash in on him in the summer.
    I'm delighted for Marveaux as I think he is a decent player he just needs an extended run in the side to get his confidence up.

Sickens me to see Marveaux constantly on the bench with Jonas been played ahead of him. Gutierrez could never play that pass and yet Pardew persists with him. The myth of Marveaux been a liability while defending I think was exposed in Newcastle's best defensive display of the season on Thursday against Anzhi.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Relieved with that win yesterday, but thought the performance was quite ordinary. Stoke should have come away with something and deserved to, as Newcastle made very hard work of getting through them.

Tactics throughout were maddening. Stoke were asking Newcastle to cross the ball and each time Newcastle obliged. I'd love to know how many crosses Newcastle put in that found the keeper or a Stoke player first. Instead of remaining patient and waiting for a hole to open up (as what happened with Cisse's goal) Newcastle gifted the ball back to them time after time.

Thought Sissoko was poor, Goufran was wasteful (although he got in good position), Cisse was anonymous and Jonas was his usual self. Cabaye was awesome all day and the reason why Newcastle won.

All in all the three points is what mattered and we are one step closer to safety. Takes that bit of pressure off the league now, so Newcastle can focus on the Europa. But we will need a much improved performance on Thursday if we want any hope of beating Anzhi.

I thought Stoke deserved nothing tbh. Horrible, negative and cynical and created no chances of note all day. At least we tried to attack and do something.

I agree with the last part though.

No HBA for Anzhi game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

not even sub? any reason?

• Advertisement

He didn't look fit at all last week, probably not ready yet.

BArra wrote: »
    not even sub? any reason?

I think he got a dead leg which is hampering slightly. At least that's what I think the commentator on my stream said last Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

What team can we expect to see 2mrw? Judging by his comments after the win at the weekend I guess he'll play the strongest XI he can

Shane St. wrote: »
    What team can we expect to see 2mrw? Judging by his comments after the win at the weekend I guess he'll play the strongest XI he can

My guess (which is usually wrong)
    Elliot

Simpson Taylor Mbiwa Santon

Cabaye Tiote

Marv Sissoko Jonas

Cisse

Thought Haidara might have got the nod, but with Santon at the presser yesterday it seems Pardew is going with him.

Wouldn't be certain of Marv either, as I can see Pardew inexplicably going with Obertan.

Hopefully we go all out for this. Hadn't much care for the EL but when you get this far it becomes interesting, and we should be safe in the PL now.

Are we on live anywhere?

Hopefully we go all out for this. Hadn't much care for the EL but when you get this far it becomes interesting, and we should be safe in the PL now.

Are we on live anywhere?

ESPN (UK only) and Setanta Ireland

Elliot; Santon, S.Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Haidara; Anita, Tiote, Cabaye (c); Marveaux, Cisse, Sissoko

Santoon at RB tonight. Delighted to see Anita get his game. Strong team, looking forward to this!

Thank fook Obertan isn't starting.

That midfield on paper looks sexy as fook.

Nice looking line up. Very surprised at Simpson being totally left out.

• Advertisement

No movement at all from us, second best so far

Great, off goes Cabaye. :mad:

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Great, off goes Cabaye. :mad:

And in a game where creativity is required we get fcuking Jonas. Another injury early on

What are we at? We look like we just expected to turn up

What are you doing man??

Wakey wakey

Atrocious.

Some heroics from Saylor keeping us level.

• Advertisement

You can actually hear the 60 odd anzi fans....

every player with the exception of Taylor having a mare. Need to revert to our standard formation, this aint working at all.

Kind of hilarious we've posed more of a threat from set pieces then open play.

Think about that.

Needs more cowbell movement.

Steven Taylor our best player by far.

Well, we have played as bad as we possibly could and we are still in it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement