Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

BOOOOOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Against run of play but ..... C'MON!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Santon owed the toons that after his Bramble-esque defending for Wigan's goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

as bad as it looks id still say its accidental..he was just a bit late.

nice goal from santon makes up for his error in 1st half for wigans goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Excellent pass from Cisse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Get in....

Can't remember having a full back that shoots so much, long since overdue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

davycc wrote: »
    as bad as it looks id still say its accidental..he was just a bit late.

nice goal from santon makes up for his error in 1st half for wigans goal
    Late and well over the ball.

Sisoko having a stinker

Ref bottled it here. Perch should be off

• Advertisement

Why is it every time Tiote gets the ball in our half I shudder?

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Why is it every time Tiote gets the ball in our half I shudder?

All our players are at it. Tiote and sissoko exceptionally poor today

It's every game for Tiote though. So sloppy and careless in possession.

It's every game for Tiote though. So sloppy and careless in possession.

True enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My god!

Basketball in there!

You have to be ****ing kidding me

• Advertisement

Ah come on.... another refereeing cock up. Scandalous

You can't be serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

jaysus. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

That was scrap.

Video replays fcuking yesterday!!!

Newcastle and Norwich absolutely shafted by incompetence today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fúck off ref. Just fúck off.

what a crazy goalmouth scramble for wigans winner.
    newcastle deserved the 3pts though..

great game for a neutral like me

Don't know what you saw m8, sh1te football, awful refereeing and shocking challenges...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Definitely dont think Newcastle deserved 3pts, point a piece IMO. Suppose sometimes things just go your way as so often happens to Wigan this time of year

M5 wrote: »
    Don't know what you saw m8, sh1te football, awful refereeing and shocking challenges...

I know & i couldnt take my eyes off the tv for some reason .

poor alan pardew is lost for words in the interview.

bad ref & a player in hospital:(

Disgusting. How can anyone associated with Wigan be happy with that?

How much long will these injustices carry on for?

Sick to my stomach right now.

Definitely dont think Newcastle deserved 3pts, point a piece IMO. Suppose sometimes things just go your way as so often happens to Wigan this time of year

Wigan should have been down to ten for an hour... Newcastle would almost certainly have taken control of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

It's an absolute scandal how a referee can have such an impact on a game of such importance,newcastle are by no means out of the relegation fight and have city away next so I really hope we aren't looking back at this game come the end of the year. The decisions themselves are just baffling, a case of needing 10 mars bar rappers to ref in that game....

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DM360

As a Wigan fan have to say that although I'm happy we got the 3 points, very disappointed with how they were earned. McManaman's challenge was a red. To me it didn't look malicious, but regardless it was a shocking attempt at a tackle - late, high and studs up. A two/three game ban for him to come I reckon, deserved too. The goal at the end also obviously a poor decision and the result is disappointing.

I think a point each would be deserved based on performance. It's awful when decisions like this happen, whether for or against your team. It's just impossible to take pleasure from this sort of thing.

DM360 wrote: »
    As a Wigan fan have to say that although I'm happy we got the 3 points, very disappointed with how they were earned. McManaman's challenge was a red. To me it didn't look malicious, but regardless it was a shocking attempt at a tackle - late, high and studs up. A two/three game ban for him to come I reckon, deserved too. The goal at the end also obviously a poor decision and the result is disappointing.

I think a point each would be deserved based on performance. It's awful when decisions like this happen, whether for or against your team. It's just impossible to take pleasure from this sort of thing.

Very gracious of you. Thanks.

I haven't seen what Martinez has said but he strikes me as the sort who'd feel the same.

• Advertisement

Seannew1 wrote: »
    It's an absolute scandal how a referee can have such an impact on a game of such importance,newcastle are by no means out of the relegation fight and have city away next so I really hope we aren't looking back at this game come the end of the year. The decisions themselves are just baffling, a case of needing 10 mars bar rappers to ref in that game....

At the end of play today Norwich should have been clear of the relegation zone along with Newcastle and probably Sunderland. What has happened is all three clubs are in the mixer (sunderland very much so).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

It didnt look malicious? He nearly took his leg off with the tackle. 10 game ban wouldnt be enough for that sort of challenge, there is no place in football for those sort of challenges you can end careers in an instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

At the end of play today Norwich should have been clear of the relegation zone along with Newcastle and probably Sunderland. What has happened is all three clubs are in the mixer (sunderland very much so).
    Looking logically at it,we won't get anything against City next game,even though on another day they may have been there for the taking,potentially Villa could be level on points with us and west ham 3 points ahead of us with Wigan 3 points behind us if they all win(they all have winnable gams too). It really highlights the importance of today's loss. Ref's shouldn't be allowed to get away with such game changing decisions.

You should also be disappointed with the way your fans applauded off the thug mcmenaman, disgraceful behaviour for a club I once respected. Hopefully the Newcastle lad isnt too seriously injured, although looking at that tackle I cant see him playing for the forseeable future if at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DM360

Gringo180 wrote: »
    It didnt look malicious? He nearly took his leg off with the tackle. 10 game ban wouldnt be enough for that sort of challenge, there is no place in football for those sort of challenges you can end careers in an instant.

Yep. I stand by what I said. In my opinion McManaman had eyes for the ball. It doesn't excuse the fact that it's reckless, I thought I made it pretty clear I found it to be a shockingly bad tackle, but I don't think he want to hurt Haidara.
    You should also be disappointed with the way your fans applauded off the thug mcmenaman, disgraceful behaviour for a club I once respected. Hopefully the Newcastle lad isnt too seriously injured, although looking at that tackle I cant see him playing for the forseeable future if at all!

What's wrong with applauding him? He played well during the game I thought and therefore deserved applause, as every player, regardless of how well they play deserves. He made a mistake, a bad tackle, and he received boos. I can't complain about that either but don't expect his own club to hold back their praise for a good footballing performance.

I think your judgement is still a bit clouded by the poor decisions, and that's fair enough, but I'm sure Newcastle fans have applauded thugs off the pitch before (Joey Barton perhaps?). Also personally I think a 10 game ban would be very harsh.

Yep. I stand by what I said. In my opinion McManaman had eyes for the ball. It doesn't excuse the fact that it's reckless, I thought I made it pretty clear I found it to be a shockingly bad tackle, but I don't think he want to hurt Haidara.

What's wrong with applauding him? He played well during the game I thought and therefore deserved applause, as every player, regardless of how well they play deserves. He made a mistake, a bad tackle, and he received boos. I can't complain about that either but don't expect his own club to hold back their praise for a good footballing performance.

I think your judgement is still a bit clouded by the poor decisions, and that's fair enough, but I'm sure Newcastle fans have applauded thugs off the pitch before (Joey Barton perhaps?). Also personally I think a 10 game ban would be very harsh.
    Theres a lad in hospital that may never play ball again because of a wreckless challenge, one of the worst I have ever seen, now try and tell him that a 10 match ban is harsh. Personally he should have the book thrown at him by th F.A it will send out a message that theres no place for tackles like that in the modern game.

Im an Arsenal fan by the way so I couldnt care less about the result but what I do care about is that a lad went out to play a game of ball and was viciously assaulted and by the sounds of things may have his career in ruins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Tackle did not look malicious. Looked like he went to kick the ball away and mis-timed it badly. Would have deserved a red card but please people calling for 10 game ban is ludicrous.

Anyhow to his injury, it looks pretty bad. MCL most definitely damaged with a possibility of his ACL and Lateral Meniscus.

Hopefully not all three. Wish him a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Still absolutely fuming about that game.
    One of the worst refereeing performances I think I've ever seen.

Not only did he miss the possible career ending challenge, but he missed a clear handball for the winner.

McManaman went completely over the ball in that challenge which is downright f***king unacceptable. Not only that but he left his foot in, AND continued on playing then to only go on an play a deliberate handball - again no card which is ridiculous.

That Santon goal meant so much you could see, then we go and lose a game in Maradona fashion. Absolutely gut wrenched I was at the end of the day.

Not only have we probably lost Debuchy for quite a while, but Haidara's bright career that awaited him may not materialise now (I hope he's strong enough to overcome it) but he's only young and look at Aaron Ramsey - his progress was thwarted after the challenge at Stoke.

My opinion of Wigan AFC has gone down a major amount today. Fans cheering McManaman off took the biscuit.

Glad Carver had a "word" with the young lad - just shows the passion that runs through the team from the staff to the players, no apologies for that.

I just hope we rack up a couple of wins very soon and aren't dragged back into it.
    Last thing I want to see is Danny Simpson and Mike Williamson in a starting line-up anytime soon. Was also relishing seeing Debuchy in the Tyne Wear, but if I was to make a guess, it's unlikely he'll make it.

Last thoughts - Mbiwa or Taylor could to RB, allowing Santon LB again.

Possibilities - Perch, Taylor, Mbiwa, Santon
    - Mbiwa, Taylor, Perch, Santon
    - Taylor, Mbiwa, Perch, Santon
    - Santon, Mbiwa, Taylor, Perch
    - Simpson, Taylor, Mbiwa, Santon.

Onwards and upwards lads, European QF to look forward to. Would love to make the trip, probably out of the equation though!

you can almost imagine the lynch mob if Barton or even tiote had made that tackle!

• Advertisement

MA was in France last night watching reputed target Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang

Wigan owner Dave Whelan tells @bbc5live that McManaman tackle on Haidara wasn't reckless and he took the ball "clean as a whistle."

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

A 10 game ban for that tackle would be lenient, it was absolutely ridiculous. Footballers have a responsibility to show a degree of restraint and concern for the health of their opponents. That was a long way from mere recklessness. He clearly didn't give the slightest **** about Haidara there.

Wigan owner Dave Whelan tells @bbc5live that McManaman tackle on Haidara wasn't reckless and he took the ball "clean as a whistle."
    Well at least we know now he should be in a retirement home, how anybody could say that let alone the owner of a Premier Lge club is frankly laughable. Hope Wigan go down now, that will be Whelans karma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Very gracious of you. Thanks.

I haven't seen what Martinez has said but he strikes me as the sort who'd feel the same.

well your wrong, he said its a contact sport and these things happen. he's right tbh. buuut players should have more awareness.

What a clown

article-0-18BD34AD000005DC-861_634x428.jpg

• Advertisement

Calls for a huge ban are over the top. IMHO it was a sh1te tackle with little evidence of malice. The lad should apologize as there was no need for it, get a 3 match ban and move on

Reckless yes, Vicious no

Calls for a huge ban are over the top. IMHO it was a sh1te tackle with little evidence of malice. The lad should apologize as there was no need for it, get a 3 match ban and move on

Reckless yes, Vicious no
    You see a three match ban is not enough for a tackle with such verosity, a big ban will send out a signal that you cant tackle like that in the modern game. It was a disgusting tackle and if you think there is no malice in it then you are very naive indeed. This was a knee high challenge, the ball was on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

You see a three match ban is not enough for a tackle with such verosity, a big ban will send out a signal that you cant tackle like that in the modern game. It was a disgusting tackle and if you think there is no malice in it then you are very naive indeed. This was a knee high challenge, the ball was on the ground.

It wasn't completely on the ground, if you look at the video you can see him trying to get the ball, and admiteddly getting it spectacularly wrong in the process... to say it was intended with total malice without a doubt is pure speculative going from the video... yes it was reckless/ awful, but you can't just say someone is naive for putting forward the opinion that there was no malice intended, as there is an arguement to be made for that. I think he just got his timing wrong completely, and ****ed it up. I think something like a 5 match ban would suffice... I'm sure your man is feeling pretty ****ty as it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Any news on the player?

First up your speculating (as indeed am i). Your entitled to your opinion, however I fail to see any motive for Mcmamaman to try to injure Haidira. Therefor i have to assume no malice
    Any news on the player?

He was unable to straighten his leg last night. Heard there was a lot of blood and knee and thigh muscle damage

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement