Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Why does pardew attack against good teams in the Europa and defend against poor premier league teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lucky it was only 3-1

But jebus with Cisse on the pitch you always have a chance of winning a match. he was superb in doing nothing for most of the match but still should have had a hatrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Why does pardew attack against good teams in the Europa and defend against poor premier league teams

Paredew is not a good manager unfortunately... Has got it tactically wrong many times this season. Tonight we were set up correctly and played well. Unfortunately the a couple of breaks, a mistake and another staylor moment of idiocy have cost us! Nowt to do with Pards on this occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

M5 wrote: »
    Paredew is not a good manager unfortunately... Has got it tactically wrong many times this season. Tonight we were set up correctly and played well. Unfortunately the a couple of breaks, a mistake and another staylor moment of idiocy have cost us! Nowt to do with Pards on this occasion

Agreed 100%. I thought Pardew got the tactics spot on. Two awful mistakes from our backline and two Cisse strikes off the post were the difference.

That Santon mistake however was an absolute ball buster. Newcastle looked comfortable and Benfica were struggling to break them down.

Anyways, we can only look to next Thursday with hope, as I don't see Newcastle keeping a clean sheet against them, but at least we still have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

Unlucky not to have scored three and they got two extremely fortutious goals. Krul did pull off a couple of top drawer saves to keep us in it. Gonna be very tough next leg. Hopefully we can grab three points on Sunday to ease the pressure a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

I think we're out tbh. Our counter attacking game was working really well last night but I think we will struggle when we need to take the game to them at SJP, as we have all season. I also see them scoring at least 1 which will make it very difficult.

Anyway, Fulham and Sunderland are more important games. Fail to win these and we have bigger worries than getting knocked out of the EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

On another day we would have that tie out of sight - Cissé off the post twice.

We handed them three goals.

However, a 2-0 win at St.James' and we're through. Keep the faith.

Santon off Injured.

Poor first half from us. Creating fook all. Sunderland leading at Chelsea.

Everything going to plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Nothing between the teams. We may have had most of the possession but they look like they could step up a few gears and destroy us. Cisse as per usual driving me insane, simple square ball to Marv for a 1 up. This is a must win game otherwise relegation is coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

cisse should have scored there!

I don't remember the last time we dominated a Fulham team like this. We always seem to struggle against them. We need to score here and make this count. Only consolation is Mackems are losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

This is getting ridiculous.

Unreal, how did that not go in.

Stupid decision in my opinion. A player who can't play in the Europa league game on Thursday is taken off for Shola. I would take off Anita or Marv.

10 minutes that will make or break a season. You can see Duff having a say in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

lol get in there!

Dat first touch.

How many last minute winners is that from him?

Papiss the man :D

• Advertisement

Massive 3 points. Brilliant from Cisse. Frustrating as fúck but when he pulls it off he does it in some style. Season back on, confidence for next weekend and a loss for Sunderland. What a happy Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

1365350479134.gif

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

What a big big goal/game/result!!

A bit OTT but it was a massive result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Massive result for us.

It's goal like that, that make me proud I support a club like NUFC. #Passion

I was at the game yesterday. 90 minutes of torture for the most part but what a release when the goal went in!! Jonas was immense at left back! Huge goal in terms of how it sets us up for the remaining games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Love that celebration. Don't see a whole lot of that these days. Big week coming up. Quietly confident we can get a result on Sunday... I say that now but when I'm over there I'll be shaking like crazy. :pac:

Hopefully the last run of games doesn't take it's toll on an already stretched squad. Not a whole lot of options to come in and freshen up the team.

Rumours of Ben Arfa being in tomorrow's squad. Could be a bit early to be rushing him back.

Have him on the bench. If we need a spark last 20 mins throw him on. Will lift the crowd.

I think if we are still in the tie and needing a goal, then having Ben Arfa to come off the bench would be massive.

What really worries me is who will partner Yanga-Mbiwa at CB with Taylor likely out. I'd much prefer Perch than Willo.

• Advertisement

TaosHum wrote: »
    I think if we are still in the tie and needing a goal, then having Ben Arfa to come off the bench would be massive.

What really worries me is who will partner Yanga-Mbiwa at CB with Taylor likely out. I'd much prefer Perch than Willo.

Surely has to be Perch.

I'd go with this.
    Krul

Simpson --- Mbiwa --- Perch --- Jonas

Santon --- Cabaye --- Anita --- Marveaux

Sissoko

Cisse

Have Cabaye and Anita as two holding midfielders in front of the back four.

Thought Jonas had a good game V Reading at LB on Sunday and given that he doesn't offer us a whole lot by way of attacking I'd stick Marveaux on the wing with Santon and himself switching from time to time in order to keep their full backs guessing.

While Jonas doesn't offer a whole lot, he did have the run around of their RB last Thursday so who knows what could happen?

Rest of the team is a given but we just need to be disciplined and hopefully we can grab an early goal, defend and fúck them on the counter attack in the last 15 mins of the game.

Needing two goals isn't the biggest of margins but they look like a team that can break at pace so we need to be very wary of throwing too many forward too soon.

It's a hard one to call tonight. We are well capable of scoring a couple and keeping a clean sheet. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it in equal measure. Taylor is a huge loss.

Anoeta wrote: »
    It's a hard one to call tonight. We are well capable of scoring a couple and keeping a clean sheet. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it in equal measure. Taylor is a huge loss.

If I'm honest, I'd rather have him for Sunday than tonight. Never thought I'd say this, but I trust Perch to fill the void. Definitely a better defender than Willo.

That_Guy wrote: »
    If I'm honest, I'd rather have him for Sunday than tonight. Never thought I'd say this, but I trust Perch to fill the void. Definitely a better defender than Willo.

Hopefully we have a couple more back to fitness for Sunday. St.James will be absolutely rocking for the derby if we can pull a result out of the bag tonight.

I have confidence in Perch.

Never thought i'd say that in 2011.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Surely has to be Perch.

I'd go with this.
    Krul

Simpson --- Mbiwa --- Perch --- Jonas

Santon --- Cabaye --- Anita --- Marveaux

Sissoko

Cisse

Have Cabaye and Anita as two holding midfielders in front of the back four.

Thought Jonas had a good game V Reading at LB on Sunday and given that he doesn't offer us a whole lot by way of attacking I'd stick Marveaux on the wing with Santon and himself switching from time to time in order to keep their full backs guessing.

While Jonas doesn't offer a whole lot, he did have the run around of their RB last Thursday so who knows what could happen?

Rest of the team is a given but we just need to be disciplined and hopefully we can grab an early goal, defend and fúck them on the counter attack in the last 15 mins of the game.

Needing two goals isn't the biggest of margins but they look like a team that can break at pace so we need to be very wary of throwing too many forward too soon.

Santon is out isn't he?

Think you will see Haidara at LB and Jonas at RW.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Santon is out isn't he?

Think you will see Haidara at LB and Jonas at RW.

Not sure I'd be rushing Haidara back but I'd prefer to have him playing tonight than having the shíte kicked out of him on Sunday. :pac:

Benfica left a wreath at the statue of SBR, nice jesture

Krul, Simpson, Yanga-Mbiwa, Williamson, Haidara, Cabaye, Sissoko, Bigirimana, Jonas, Anita, Cisse

HBA on the bench

The return of the clanger prone williamson

Need a big big game from Bigi tonight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

williamson is starting :( hopefully its a decision that wont cost us... he is due a good game soon isint he :)

Come on the toon

Quality atmosphere, good start from benfica, even their miss hit crosses are causing trouble

million miles an hour stuff from both sides

And there is our first expensive injury for this game

EDIT: Might have to wait a little longer

we are making Benfica look like a top class side getting sucked into by the ball and remaining static while on it. Thats leading to a complete lack of marking leaving the benfica players time and space to pass the ball

COME ON!!!! 20 mins to win this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

All over them now. C'MON T'FÚCK!

Duff wrote: »
    All over them now. C'MON T'FÚCK!

what were we at in the first half. Get a few players who can pass the ball and suddenly Benfica cant cope.

Should be 5 mins at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

M5 wrote: »
    what were we at in the first half. Get a few players who can pass the ball and suddenly Benfica cant cope.

Should be 5 mins at least

Exactly. Dithering about the first half. So good to see Ben Arefella back.

• Advertisement

Marveaux on fire since he came on, as is Ben Arfa, both have to start on Sunday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement