Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is rod stewart managing benfica? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Time for another late winner?

PS williamson is useless

4 mins, will ya go and sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

****ing sickening. Christ!

Well we were 2 posts away from cruising this........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Heartbreaking :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

2-4

Phoenix wrote: »
    whats the score on aggregate terms?

2:4

Not quite getting the ITV benfica wankfest TBH, they are going through because of 4 huge breaks that went their way in the first leg....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Marveaux is quality.

Marveaux is quality.

Pointed it out earlier, has to start on saturday Sunday even if its ahead of Cabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So close. Proud of the lads, gave their all. Beaten by a better(and luckier) team.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

Why do we do it to ourselves?!?! Heartbreak stuff!!

Anoeta wrote: »
    Why do we do it to ourselves?!?! Heartbreak stuff!!

to be fair we have done it to 3 teams in a row at SJP, damage was done in the first leg, partially by luck, partially by stupidity (by manager and players)

Hopefully there is enough in the tank for sunday. A well rested Sunderland side could pose us problems

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Unlucky lads...good effort tonight but combination of careless defending and bad luck over the 2 legs cost us in the end.

If I am being really critical Cabaye had a pretty poor game. No fluid passing, lots of needless challenges giving away stupid free kicks and poor delivery. His tame shot around the 85th minute (height of us pressing forward) killed the momentum we had. On the current display Marveaux has to be a starter for sunday's game.

We are not suited to hoofing the ball forward, pace and running at defenders, balls across the box are when we threaten, please pardew pick the team that plays to our strengths.

Roll on sunday.

luder wrote: »
    Unlucky lads...good effort tonight but combination of careless defending and bad luck over the 2 legs cost us in the end.

If I am being really critical Cabaye had a pretty poor game. No fluid passing, lots of needless challenges giving away stupid free kicks and poor delivery. His tame shot around the 85th minute (height of us pressing forward) killed the momentum we had. On the current display Marveaux has to be a starter for sunday's game.

We are not suited to hoofing the ball forward, pace and running at defenders, balls across the box are when we threaten, please pardew pick the team that plays to our strengths.

Roll on sunday.

Yup Cabaye had a mare. Yanga, Haidara, Cisse and Ben Arfa were all good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

M5 wrote: »
    to be fair we have done it to 3 teams in a row at SJP, damage was done in the first leg, partially by luck, partially by stupidity (by manager and players)

Hopefully there is enough in the tank for sunday. A well rested Sunderland side could pose us problems

We both know that's not going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Paully D wrote: »

Well, well, well if it isn't the annual 'play down of Sunderland's chances against Newcastle' :pac:

Proud about tonight, but on another occasion we would have walked through.

Sickened but satisfied with effort, we gave it everything.

Now onto Sunday, have to get three points.

Doocey wrote: »
    Well, well, well if it isn't the annual 'play down of Sunderland's chances against Newcastle' :pac:

How many times have I been wrong? Once since 2008 we've actually looked like winning a game against you and before that you have to go back to 2000/2001.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Disappointed with the result last night, but can't fault the effort. Lads gave it everything. And being honest, Benfica are lucky enough to go through over two legs. Technically they are excellent and they have some dangerous forwards, but they are ordinary at the back and not as good as the media are making out. Newcastle pushed them all the way and this was with numerous players missing.

Oh well, 3 points Sunday would be a nice pick me up.

Great effort but heartbreaking all the same. A fully fit HBA would have put that final effort away and we'd be on our way to the Semi's. Roll on Sunday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Paully D wrote: »

You do this every time. ;)

That_Guy wrote: »
    You do this every time. ;)

I do, and unfortunately I'm very rarely proved wrong when I do it. Four wins in the last 20 odd years for us in this tie suggests my pessimism is not misplaced.

Newcastle 10/11 to win on Sunday... Jesus, I don't remember us ever being odds on favourites for a derby game in a long time.

Newcastle 10/11 to win on Sunday... Jesus, I don't remember us ever being odds on favourites for a derby game in a long time.

Very short odds considering there are only a few points between the sides

Will Taylor be back for Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

is it the most important derby clash in the last 10yrs?

Will Taylor be back for Sunday?

I think he's touch and go
    kevthegaff wrote: »

Could well be...

In other news HBA will NOT start

• Advertisement

Staylor fit to start on Sunday

Good. I'd seen enough of the patented Williamson punt last night to last me another few months thank you.

Ben Arfa off the bench will do just fine, hopefully he has the kind of impact he did last night.

And theres more. Obertan booted into the reserves at last

M5 wrote: »
    And theres more. Obertan booted into the reserves at last

A 30 year old in the U-21 squad... :pac:

A 30 year old in the U-21 squad... :pac:

His attitude stinks. Plays abysmally and is clearly stroppy when subbed. Hopefully someone will take him off our hands in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

If Ben Arfa doesnt start then Marveaux needs to, only got going last night when he came off the bench, we were relying too much on Cabaye for some creativity. Biggi was lost out on the wing as well. When i seen the team last night i figured he had one eye on sunday's game.

• Advertisement

Marveaux was as good as i have seen him in a NUFC shirt last night. Full of energy, invention and flair

kevthegaff wrote: »

Since the 1990 playoff IMO.

So after todays humiliation, looking at our remaining fixtures we have:

West Brom (a)
    Liverpool
    West Ham (a)
    QPR (a)
    Arsenal

Considering how dire our away form has been, we are still very much in relegation trouble. Today was a must not lose game and we got thumped. Very worrying times.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

TaosHum wrote: »
    So after todays humiliation, looking at our remaining fixtures we have:

West Brom (a)
    Liverpool
    West Ham (a)
    QPR (a)
    Arsenal

Considering how dire our away form has been, we are still very much in relegation trouble. Today was a must not lose game and we got thumped. Very worrying times.
    Pardew's time is up, he has to go after that shambles.

Demoralising stuff.

• Advertisement

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Pardew's time is up, he has to go after that shambles.

Irregardless of whether we stay up or go down, I'd like to see the back of him in the off-season.

Good god what a horrible f*cking 90 minutes!! Need to regroup, push on and get the points on the board next few games. Talk of sacking Pardew after this result is crazy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

They wanted it more.... We looked tired after thursday......simple as, move on and regroup and stay up. We just need to better Stoke imo.

Anoeta wrote: »
    Good god what a horrible f*cking 90 minutes!! Need to regroup, push on and get the points on the board next few games. Talk of sacking Pardew after this result is crazy!!

Strange results can happen. Man U getting beat last season by City 1-6 is a classical example. I don't like Pardew because I don't think he's the man to take this group forward. That's been my opinion for quite a while now.

Today merely exemplified Newcastle's season and what we currently are under Pardew.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Hear there's trouble in Newcastle city center at the moment. Inspired by Milwall no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

To Alcohol wrote: »
    Hear there's trouble in Newcastle city center at the moment. Inspired by Milwall no doubt.

Bunch of idiots....
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/violence-erupts-newcastle-after-tyne-wear-1832376

Disgraceful. Dragging our good name through the dirt.

Dark day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

To Alcohol wrote: »

Possibly the reporting of it inspired by Millwall, just on ITV news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

I knew we would lose when that Gobsh1te Derek McGovern tipped us up in the Mirror on Saturday! that guy is the kiss of death!

On Pardew: He's lost it, team looked completely off yesterday. Was the most sterile derby i have witnessed. Wrong tactics, wrong players, embarrassingly easy. Its a recurring theme under Pardew, flat directionless performances.

On the violence: Several of the local scum who could not get in to the game rushed from the pubs to try to get at the Sunderland fans. When i left the stadium pretty much everyone left and headed towards the Bigg market. There were no groups there when I left. Also judging by the videos of central station it looks like mostly under 18s in that incident. Glad to see the club taking a hard line on these yobs.

Also, it was nice to meet up with That Guy for a few jars over there!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement