Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Another great corner stat for you. This season we have not scored a goal from one (everyone knows that) but there is more. 30% failed to clear the first man and a further 30% ended up in the keepers hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What's worse is I remember Pardew in the summer saying set pieces were something they actively worked on to improve.

Baffling stuff.

But it's easy to say sack him. What's the plan for the future if we do that? Who's out there that could do a better job. I for one think he's earned another season at least. Yes this season has been poor but there are mitigating circumstances.

We're all still raw about yesterday. Lets just stay up and we can look at it in the summer.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    What's worse is I remember Pardew in the summer saying set pieces were something they actively worked on to improve.

Baffling stuff.

But it's easy to say sack him. What's the plan for the future if we do that? Who's out there that could do a better job. I for one think he's earned another season at least. Yes this season has been poor but there are mitigating circumstances.

We're all still raw about yesterday. Lets just stay up and we can look at it in the summer.

TBF i have been shouting it from the rooftops for months. I have also defended/praised Pardew when he has gotten it right too (a less often occurrence)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

M5 wrote: »
    TBF i have been shouting it from the rooftops for months. I have also defended/praised Pardew when he has gotten it right too (a less often occurrence)
    I stuck up for Pardew thick and thin when we went through that rough patch at christmas/january but now he has to go, he's still in a job based on last year. The results and performances this year have been terrible. I didn't think things could get any worse when we lost to reading at home. The signings gave us a bit of a lift but in reality, what has changed? His line-up against sunderland was ridiculous, playing 2 defensive midfielders and not playing Haidara was unacceptable. Sunderland gave Segnesson a free role yesterday and he was everything Sissoko should have been for us. Tiote, Taylor, Jonas, Sissoko and Cabaye badly let the team down. Expecting a huge performance from them lot and a bit of common sense and cop on from Pards this saturday.

Neither of you have said who should replace him.

Ftr im not defending him. Yesterday was unforgivable. But there's no point sacking him if we don't have a replacement and a long term plan.

Give Jose a shout? :P

What about Rafa?

Neither of you have said who should replace him.

Ftr im not defending him. Yesterday was unforgivable. But there's no point sacking him if we don't have a replacement and a long term plan.

Give Jose a shout? :P

What about Rafa?

It wont be either. Ashley will not spend money on a manager like that. The same buy cheap principles would no doubt be applied. A lower league manager from home or abroad i would say. My guess would be Lee Clark

Micheal Landrup thanks very much.

Good luck with that though.

Zeman would be some craic. :p

Wasn't Laurent Blanc mentioned a few months ago? Manager with good potential and I'm sure the french players would respond well to him.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Wasn't Laurent Blanc mentioned a few months ago? Manager with good potential and I'm sure the french players would respond well to him.

Not sure if we will get anyone with a high profile in. Wages would be an issue I'm sure, and we wouldnt have much draw other than that for the top managers

• Advertisement

M5 wrote: »
    Not sure if we will get anyone with a high profile in. Wages would be an issue I'm sure, and we wouldnt have much draw other than that for the top managers
    Good point, but then again, despite what has happened with the football club the last couple of years,the newcastle job still holds a load of appeal.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Good point, but then again, despite what has happened with the football club the last couple of years,the newcastle job still holds a load of appeal.

True but Laudrup et al, way way out of our reach (unless they happen to be closet NUFC fans)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

I think I must be in the minority. I'm 100% behind Pardew. Almost took a weak squad to the Champions League last year. No real investment in the squad in the summer by Ashley and admittedly we struggled first half of the year but there has been improvement in recent months especially at home, not to mention a whisker away from Europa League semi's. Hopefully we can strengthen in the summer and push on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Very belated analysis. We were shít. Fúcking awful. Fair play to Sunderland. Wanted it more. Can't have any complaints with the result given the way we played.. or didn't in this case.

Didn't see any of the violence over there myself. Went straight to the Strawberry and was having a laugh with everyone up on the terrace. Pity a minority decided to cause trouble. Dicks.

Good weekend away, crap game, great people and got to meet M5 for a few pints. Must do it again lad.

I'd personally like to see this team against west brom for us to get a result and maybe for us to get a bit of impetus.
    Harper

Debuchy --- Saylor --- Mbwiwa --- Haidara

Cabaye --- Perch --- Sissoko

Ben Arfa-- Cisse -- Gouffran

Anoeta wrote: »
    I think I must be in the minority. I'm 100% behind Pardew. Almost took a weak squad to the Champions League last year. No real investment in the squad in the summer by Ashley and admittedly we struggled first half of the year but there has been improvement in recent months especially at home, not to mention a whisker away from Europa League semi's. Hopefully we can strengthen in the summer and push on.

All well on good but it does not excuse the constant tactical gaffes, the baffling selections and substitutions.

While I have sympathy for Pardew in many ways i feel the club would be better served by a more tactically astute manager.

An improvement from 1 win in 14 is nothing to write home about either IMHO

• Advertisement

249830.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ryan Taylor set to miss all of next season with yet another injury. Absolutely gutted for the lad.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ryan Taylor set to miss all of next season with yet another injury. Absolutely gutted for the lad.

Another day, another Injury :(

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

That_Guy wrote: »

Seen pictures of him training before the Europa match and was wondering when he was due back, this way he'll not be rushed back and can have a good pre-season.. he'll have a fight to get a place in the team.

gav86 wrote: »
    Seen pictures of him training before the Europa match and was wondering when he was due back, this way he'll not be rushed back and can have a good pre-season.. he'll have a fight to get a place in the team.

It's all next season he'll miss. Another cruciate. Disaster for him

• Advertisement

Badly need a win tomorrow lads and a few results to go our way at the bottom of the table. Expecting a huge performance from lads like Sissoko, Tiote, Jonas and a few others who have been under par recently.

Yep. Big performance needed. Tiote and Marveaux out injured. What in gods name is going on with the amount of injuries this season!!

Expecting this team tomorrow with Marveaux and Tiote out and Elliot perhaps still doubtful.

Harper/Elliot

Debuchy --- Saylor --- Mbwiwa --- Haidara

Cabaye --- Perch --- Sissoko

Ben Arfa/Gutierrez-- Cisse -- Gouffran

I think Pardew will keep faith with Gutierrez probably at the expense of Ben Arfa and he seems to prefer Perch over Anita in the holding role. Ben Arfa needs to start,not come on after 70 mins when we're chasing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

If Anita and Haidara play, I actually fancy our chances.

The only thing that gives me any confidence in this game is that WBA realistically have nothing to play from. A strong finish from us could define the direction of our summer transfers TBH....

just hoping for a pardewExcusesBingo free day

Pardew sounding like a man under pressure recently,today he blamed our lack of success from dead balls on "personnel not routines". Yesterday he had an embarrassing dig at Sunderland, claiming that they could only dream of European quarter finals. The litany of excuses is wearing thin

I think without a huge turn around in the next 5 games Pardew will be shown the door very quickly at the end of the season. It would not surprise me if a replacement is being lined up TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Nearly put Newcastle in a bet today. I know better after that shambles last week. Was wearing my top last sun. Was looking for people to point and laugh. Fortunately they only laughed ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Gutierrez playing on the right and Ben Arfa on the bench :(

Would like to see Cabaye playing behind Cisse with Sissoko pushed back but can't see Pards doing it.

Gutierrez playing on the right and Ben Arfa on the bench :(

Would like to see Cabaye playing behind Cisse with Sissoko pushed back but can't see Pards doing it.

Creativity abound! :rolleyes:

Yes Gouffran!!

• Advertisement

sundeland fans singing "Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?"

Elliot is looking a bit nervous.

An elbow in the face dosent warrant a card evidently!!!!!

We should really be 2 up at this stage,hopefully we dont end up looking back at them misses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

47 shots in our last 2 games?1? did I hear that right?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    47 shots in our last 2 games?1? did I hear that right?

surely not

We'll loose this 3 :1

Flip sake Cisse,what a chance

This game is made for Ben Arfa

• Advertisement

All these missed chances are gonna haunt us. Because they always do.

Yes but normally we start each half slow, that didnt happen today either ...

if we can put one of the chances away this could end up a goal rich game

Ref having a mare, not a foul but that was way inside the box, both ref and lino miss it

How is that a foul????

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

How is that a foul????

I'm literally raging here listening to commentators claim the ref bottled it by not giving a penalty. Its not even a bloody foul!

you can expect a dubious pen in the second half to make up for that btw

• Advertisement

Lets hope we keep this intensity going in the 2nd half,doubtful with this lot though.

Elliott must have been in the boozer last night, having an absolute mare

Intensity has dropped, closing has stopped and long balls have started. Pardew HT teamtalk strikes again

We really cannot play for 90 minutes

Refereeing has been absolutely atrocious

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement