Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

M5 wrote: »
    One of the most galling things is the criticism of the fans. Despite the putrid crap that has been served up the fans have gotten behind the team when they needed it (4 home sellouts in a row for the first time in about 5 years). They are rewarded with abject performances and some sections of the media have the balls to question them. Pardew as also grumbled once or twice. Its time for these experts to pull their heads out of their arses and get their facts straight

keegan has lost it he would have kept jonas on!!!

think they said in commentry that was 6 full houses in a row!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

cadete wrote: »
    keegan has lost it he would have kept jonas on!!!

think they said in commentry that was 6 full houses in a row!

Certainly was not 6 games

Bad start? Wrong formation
    Going to have to do something next week. No fcuking ****
    blah blah blah waffle
    inexperience, will ya go and sh1te, team of internationals
    more waffle
    defensively poor, shape was wrong to start, 2 DM too high up
    more waffle
    Skipper available.why didnt he start today?

Reality check kev? we have a team of bloody internationals. Its not reality is massive underperformance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Not enough EPL experience? **** off. Team stacked full of internationals. Utter nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

So now we have 2 away games in London and a home game vs Arsenal to try and retain our PL status ...

When you put it that way ....

Bye bye french imports, don't think to many will fancy playing in the championship and the associated wage cuts that come with that.

We have talented players we need a manager yhat is tactical knowledgable enough to be able to find a system that works, End of!!

Not sure who you bring in, but Pardew has to go, not as a knee jerk to today but on the basis of the last 6-8months.

Should we give a 'footballing' coach a chance, ie R. DiMateo?

Do we go to the continent for a coach?

Are the fans hell bent on a local lad? Who?

How bout Chelsea's current interim manager?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So now we have 2 away games in London and a home game vs Arsenal to try and retain our PL status ...

When you put it that way ....

Bye bye french imports, don't think to many will fancy playing in the championship and the associated wage cuts that come with that.

We have talented players we need a manager yhat is tactical knowledgable enough to be able to find a system that works, End of!!

Not sure who you bring in, but Pardew has to go, not as a knee jerk to today but on the basis of the last 6-8months.

Should we give a 'footballing' coach a chance, ie R. DiMateo?

Do we go to the continent for a coach?

Are the fans hell bent on a local lad? Who?

How bout Chelsea's current interim manager?

Rafa? not for me, RDM ok, would like poyet most tho

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Poyet is a decent shout also, had somewhat forgotten about him.

Doocey you still behind Pardew now?

• Advertisement

Didnt think of Poyet, would be a decent shout alright.

OR

Be bold and aim high, Mourihno, sell it to him as Robsons final legacy/wish ... :D

Didnt think of Poyet, would be a decent shout alright.

OR

Be bold and aim high, Mourihno, sell it to him as Robsons final legacy/wish ... :D

Would like to think that could happen but there is no way in hell NUFC would pay his wages IF he decided he wanted the job and also no chance he'd be anyones lapdog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Pardew has to go for me now. That was disgraceful today. Where would we be without Cisses last minute winners lately. I thought things couldn't get any worse after the Sunderland game, well today was one of the worst Newcastle home performances I've seen in 20 years watching them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Man Utd fan in peace, what is it with you guys and Liverpool?, I swear if you played them 100 times, no matter who was on the pitch, you'd lose 95 of them.

dd972 wrote: »
    Man Utd fan in peace, what is it with you guys and Liverpool?, I swear if you played them 100 times, no matter who was on the pitch, you'd lose 95 of them.

Lost to everyone this season mate.

After some thought and calming down a bit i have come to the conclusion that this is our worst defeat in living memory. We have lost heavily before, to liverpool, chelsea, Man City, man united but those teams were playing top football at the time. Liverpool at the moment are an average side struggling to finish top six AND they were without the man who has dragged them into a semi respectable league position.

Couple this with the other hammerings this season and the position versus expectation this has also to be the worst season i have endured in 20+ years which have been arduous enough as it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

That was an absolute shambles today. Where the f*ck are we gonna got the points from I do not know!!

Our one saving grace is Villa and Wigan play each other.

Somehow if we survive this mess we're all going to need a MIB style mindwipe of this season. Traumatic.

Anoeta wrote: »
    That was an absolute shambles today. Where the f*ck are we gonna got the points from I do not know!!

After those managerial descisions, and if we presist trying to play for draws,
    QPR and West Ham WILL beat us, Arsenal WILL humiliate us
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Our one saving grace is Villa and Wigan play each other.
    so are we shouting for a villa win or is a draw better, ie keeps both of them hovering ...?

Edit: just noticed it on the last game of season so hopefully the result between wigan and villa wont affect us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

That was probably the worst performance I've ever seen in the premier league. So many of the players just didn't look arsed and the defending was terrible. Would be a shame to see you guys go down, some great players in your team and it would be a big blow to the league to lose a club like Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Huge changes in personal and in attitude needed for the next game,badly missing Coloccini's organisation in defence,hopefully he'll be back.

I'll probably get slaughtered for suggesting this,but I think we may need Williamson back playing against West Ham. It's obvious Mbwiwa and Taylor cannot play together,perhaps there's language difficulties but perhaps Mbwiwa would be more suited playing in front of the back 4,pretty obvious after today Tiote and Perch are liabilities in that role.

• Advertisement

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Huge changes in personal and in attitude needed for the next game,badly missing Coloccini's organisation in defence,hopefully he'll be back.

I'll probably get slaughtered for suggesting this,but I think we may need Williamson back playing against West Ham. It's obvious Mbwiwa and Taylor cannot play together,perhaps there's language difficulties but perhaps Mbwiwa would be more suited playing in front of the back 4,pretty obvious after today Tiote and Perch are liabilities in that role.

Tiote has been awful all season, i'd love to see stats on mis-placed passes and getting caught in possesion this season, has to worst in the league.

i think tiote beliefed the hype in the papers, i actually wish chelsea had come in with 20m in one of the last few windows!

Tiote has been awful all season, i'd love to see stats on mis-placed passes and getting caught in possesion this season, has to worst in the league.

i think tiote beliefed the hype in the papers, i actually wish chelsea had come in with 20m in one of the last few windows!
    He seems to have lost all sense of form since he got sent off against sunderland last October,doesn't seem mentally 100% to go full force into tackles anymore,which made him a good player for us. We isn't a good footballer though and Pardew continously playing him in a more advanced role is mind boggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

jes it be a killer looking at results in the championship next year:(, reckon theyll get a win out of qpr or west ham hopefully!

Almost every player has had a massive dip in form. Remember how Sissoko and Gouffran started? Mbwia, Haidara and Debuchy also had 2/3 great games when they started. Cabaye has gone from verging on world class to knackered in 1 season. Tiote the same. Cisse went from scoring in every game pretty much to being unable to hit a barn door from 6 yards. Krul has become error prone, Elliott has dis-improved since moving to the first team.

A worrying pattern. Even the much maligned Guti could also be bundled in there.

Why is this? Why do players consistently get worse after a handful of games for us? It cant be a coincidence?

Lets not forget that the second half against WBA was also a shambles also the Derby was an unmitigated disaster.

We consistently start with the wrong team or, as was the case with WBA, when things are going well we witness the alan pardew masterclass where we sit back and wait to concede a goal or two.

There is rarely a lucid plan A never mind a plan B. We clearly have our recruitment team to thank for our 5th place finish, the players seemed to play their game. Dont forget things were beginning to go pear shaped at the end of last season too. Only a couple of wonder strikes prevented us loosing our last 4 without so much as a whimper.

Turns out we were right to start with, i'd rather have Alan Partrige at the helm

S0, 09:30 on Sunday morning after a 0-6 trashing at home against an average Liverpool side(on the back of a 0-3 defeat against Sunderland), why arent Skysports reporting from outside SJP on the 'Shock' sacking of Alan Pardew?!?!

S0, 09:30 on Sunday morning after a 0-6 trashing at home against an average Liverpool side(on the back of a 0-3 defeat against Sunderland), why arent Skysports reporting from outside SJP on the 'Shock' sacking of Alan Pardew?!?!

I was hoping the same, hopefully tomorrow

Cant see it happening tomorrow, his card has been marked though IMHO

Only two players spoke with the press after the game. Taylor and Shola....

pretty spineless by the rest

Only two players spoke with the press after the game. Taylor and Shola....

pretty spineless by the rest

tbf, them and elliot are probably they only ones with enough english to propperly articulate their sentiments to the press.

I never saw pardews comments, what was his excuse for set up of the team at kick off?

tbf, them and elliot are probably they only ones with enough english to propperly articulate their sentiments to the press.

I never saw pardews comments, what was his excuse for set up of the team at kick off?

yeah, but both are beyond criticism too. Seems thats why they were sent out

No excuse given for the setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

I knew we would lose when that Gobsh1te Derek McGovern tipped us up in the Mirror on Saturday! that guy is the kiss of death!

the above was before the Sunderland game.

His "bet of the day" Yesterday was a 2-1 victory to Newcastle!!

That guy is the worst sports tipster in England, and a f**king jinx to boot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

kevthegaff wrote: »
    jes it be a killer looking at results in the championship next year:(, reckon theyll get a win out of qpr or west ham hopefully!

West Ham will be fired up to win (Big Sam and Nolan especially will want to get one over Newcastle) but there's a win there against QPR if they just show up. QPR have packed up and gone weeks ago now and now that they're officially relegated they will have even less interest.

If I had to guess I'd say it'll be 3 points from QPR, 0 from West Ham and Arsenal.

Paully D wrote: »
    West Ham will be fired up to win (Big Sam and Nolan especially will want to get one over Newcastle) but there's a win there against QPR if they just show up. QPR have packed up and gone weeks ago now and now that they're officially relegated they will have even less interest.

If I had to guess I'd say it'll be 3 points from QPR, 0 from West Ham and Arsenal.
    I really can't see any wins from them 3 games,if we go into the last game needing a win or draw even,we'll be fairly screwed considering arsenal will trounce us. Our only slim hope,is if Wigan and Villa don't pick up points. Genius move by the sunderland board bringing in Di Canio, that has saved sunderland completely,shame our boards are so clueless!

QPR looked much much better today that we have in any of our last 3 games

QPR looked much much better today that we have in any of our last 3 games
    Some of their players laughing leaving the pitch too,i wonder how many of ours will be laughing when we get relegated!

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Some of their players laughing leaving the pitch too,i wonder how many of ours will be laughing when we get relegated!

Noticed that at HT today too, disgraceful! Disgusting actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Doocey you still behind Pardew now?

Tough to be behind him after the absolutely rubbish he has dished out in the last three games.

Playing players out of position, not playing his strongest eleven, it's almost as if he wants & the players want AP to be sacked!

Saying that, no point changing managers now. We need one win and we're safe, I'm convinced of that. If we can garner a point away at West Ham (Which I doubt we will) then it should having a rolling effect to bring to QPR.

QPR is our season defining game, and one that I actually wanted to go to a few months ago oddly enough.

Play our strongest team, in the right positions and in the right shape and we'll beat either QPR or West Ham.
    It's really sad that it has come down to this, but that's NUFC in a nutshell, 5th one season, fifth bottom the other.

Let's hope Wigan run out of luck, and we grab a win. HTL.

Doocey wrote: »
    Tough to be behind him after the absolutely rubbish he has dished out in the last three games.

Playing players out of position, not playing his strongest eleven, it's almost as if he wants & the players want AP to be sacked!

Saying that, no point changing managers now. We need one win and we're safe, I'm convinced of that. If we can garner a point away at West Ham (Which I doubt we will) then it should having a rolling effect to bring to QPR.

QPR is our season defining game, and one that I actually wanted to go to a few months ago oddly enough.

Play our strongest team, in the right positions and in the right shape and we'll beat either QPR or West Ham.
    It's really sad that it has come down to this, but that's NUFC in a nutshell, 5th one season, fifth bottom the other.

Let's hope Wigan run out of luck, and we grab a win. HTL.
    I don't think we can really say too much more about Pardew other than he lost the plot a very long time ago.

In an ideal world,Pardew will drop the entire back 5 for the next game(keeper included),perhaps Harper's experience could prove invaluable again! Sissoko in a central role and Gouffran with Ben Arfa down the flanks,and this time the DM to actually sit in front of the back 4 unlike Tiote and Perch who went walk about yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Almost every player has had a massive dip in form. Remember how Sissoko and Gouffran started? Mbwia, Haidara and Debuchy also had 2/3 great games when they started. Cabaye has gone from verging on world class to knackered in 1 season. Tiote the same. Cisse went from scoring in every game pretty much to being unable to hit a barn door from 6 yards. Krul has become error prone, Elliott has dis-improved since moving to the first team.

A worrying pattern. Even the much maligned Guti could also be bundled in there.

Why is this? Why do players consistently get worse after a handful of games for us? It cant be a coincidence?

Pardew's lost the dressing room, simple as. Intensity and passion aint there. Doesn't matter how much talent is in the dressing room, if your consistently getting out fought by the opposition then your not going to win many games.

Once Liverpool went 3-0 up yesterday, that was it. Heads went down, players gave up. Even before that, players were not disciplined in there positioning nor did they work hard enough to close down when Liverpool's midfield were cutting through them.

Pardew's gameplan at the moment is simply overpower the opposition, either through long balls or through the wings. Although this team is full of creative, technical players, Pardew prefers to implement a direct, basic style football. This is why the likes of Jonas, Perch, Tiote and Sissoko been played in the hole, continues to happen. When things are not going our way, this is why Ameobi is usually the first player to be brought on.

Unsurprisingly, because the team is made mostly up of technical players, Pardew's attempt to overpower the opposition is not working. The squad is made up of players who want to pass the ball, not aimlessly cross in balls that usually end up in the keepers' hands.

Although I blame Pardew for alot of this, the players have alot to answer for also. There are far too many good players in that side playing utter rubbish. Cabaye has been dreadful for most of the season, Sissoko and Gouffran have been invisible since March, Saylor is massively over-rated by most Newcastle fans, Ben Arfa looks as if he has eaten too many pies, Jonas is....well Jonas, Yanga Mbiwa doesn'tfancy the physicality and Tiote's discipline is horrendous.

Being honest, alot of these fella's don't seem interested in fighting for the cause. They don't seem to have the stomach for it and if that's the case then they can **** right off with Pardew when this pitiful season ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Manager Alan Pardew has said Newcastle United's 2-1 home win against Stoke City has addressed any fears of Premier League relegation this season.

Nine points separate the Magpies from the drop zone and that cushion is timely going into Thursday's Europa League tie with Anzhi Makhachkala.

"That's done, we won't worry about that now," Pardew told BBC Newcastle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21744975

Bloody hell that could come back to bite him on the arse.

He really doesn't do himself any favours sometimes.

I think he's definitely gone anyway.

Wouldn't mind bringing in RDM.

I've defended Pardew umpteen times but patience is wearing thin. The way we were set up on Saturday was ridiculous. Really bewildered how the side that ripped apart everyone last season with fast attacking football has turned into the disorganised negative mess we've been this year. Really hope we can at least grab 3 more points.

Should we draft in Harps for the remaining games? I'd really consider it. While Elliott can't take the blame for the last two horrendous home ties I don't think he's instilling much confidence in the back four. His kicking from back passes are truly shocking at times. He looks like a nervous wreck at this stage.

Anoeta wrote: »
    Should we draft in Harps for the remaining games? I'd really consider it. While Elliott can't take the blame for the last two horrendous home ties I don't think he's instilling much confidence in the back four. His kicking from back passes are truly shocking at times. He looks like a nervous wreck at this stage.
    Yes definitely,Harper commands his box far better than Elliot and will communicate to the back 4 more effectively. Aswell as that,he's been in this situation before! Elliot is a decent shot stopper and I'm not in anyway making him a scapegoat for the run of defeats but sometimes changing the keeper can help,ie Fabianski replacing Sczenczny a few months ago transformed Arsenal's fortunes.

Hopefully Colo is back too. I'd possibly move Mbiwa to left back and throw Simo back in at right full. Gonna be a nervewracking couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

Haidara can't be trusted at left back anyway,Simpson could very well be drafted back in. Mbiwa may be useful in front of the back 4 considering he's a decent football but lacks physical presence,I thought of him coming up against Andy Carroll in top form is frightening. Who to partner Coloccini,Willo or should Taylor be trusted again? I'd like to see Anita play,may have something to prove.

Taylor was having a great run of form until the Sunderland game. I think with Colo back he would be rock solid again. If Colo isn't fit I would definitely consider Willo. Hopefully Colo does return though. I think it would do Cabs the world of good to relieve him of the captaincy. He looks like a man with the world on his shoulders lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Williamson is quite a good shout considering he will be up against Carroll. But the big worry for me is the midfield tracking Nolan. Would really like to see Sissoko and Tiote in the middle with Cabaye being played in the hole. Need to match West Ham's physicality in all phases and not get bullied.

TBH we are being murdered on the flanks. Not sure its a central defense issue

Well if Sissoko is getting put out there for who knows what reason and a woefully inept Jonas, it's no surprise.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement