Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

There's a multitude of issues at the moment. If we can play like we did first half at WBA a week ago we should be able to scrape together at least 3 more points. Playing away from St.James next might not be a bad thing. The pressure is on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Havent seen any sports coverage today, i take 'HE' is still in charge then?!

He's still there. There's no way he'll be sacked before the end of the season.

Villa beating Sunderland at half time fook sake!!

Anoeta wrote: »
    Villa beating Sunderland at half time fook sake!!

i actually think that mightent be a bad thing, might demoralise Wigan to say that they are now 5pts from safety

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Villa good value for the win

4:1 this puts their result against us into perspective.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

We are in serious ****

What a season, cant even enjoy Sunderland getting humped!

We are in serious ****

now its 1 of 4 to go down, a sunderland win would have put them clear of the drop ....lets hope Swansea, West Brom take points off wigan!!

• Advertisement

If the poxy ref at Wigan got the basics right Sunderland, Villa and Newcastle would be safe

Sessengon could be out for the season now though!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    now its 1 of 4 to go down, a sunderland win would have put them clear of the drop ....lets hope Swansea, West Brom take points off wigan!!

I don't see us picking up any more points so Villa losing tonight was my preferred result. Wigan vs Villa on the last day means one will likely lose and one definitely has to drop two points. Wanted em both behind us going in to the last two games.

Even this battering does nothing to Sunderlands goal difference.

Having said that, I am somewhat enjoying this. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Villa are everything Newcastle aren't,enthusiastic players fighting for their lives with a good manager while we have a team full of soft french players with a clueless manager!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I don't see us picking up any more points so Villa losing tonight was my preferred result. Wigan vs Villa on the last day means one will likely lose and one definitely has to drop two points. Wanted em both behind us going in to the last two games.

Even this battering does nothing to Sunderlands goal difference.

Having said that, I am somewhat enjoying this. :pac:

Villa could put us down again and we wont even be playing them this result is terrible for us

Even though Sunderland are also on 37 pts,can't see them going down with 2 easy home games coming up for them.

One place above relegation zone!

Fantastic season Pards!

i wonder what odds you would have gotten on villa passing NUFC on Friday! 2 200-1 shots go against us

Make no mistake about it. This result is a disaster for us!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Jesus ****ing Christ. Put Pardew down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Calm the biscuits lads. Four way tie for that final spot, with Wigan still a few points adrift.

Keep the faith.

Doocey wrote: »
    Calm the biscuits lads. Four way tie for that final spot, with Wigan still a few points adrift.

Keep the faith.

Unfortunately its our alarming dip in form that is worrying. We could quite conceivably loose all our remaining games. Look at our pre Christmas form...

Keep the faith.
    Didn't think you'd still be so optimistic Doocey,but we've picked the worst time ever to be shipping loads of goals as well as not scoring any!

M5 wrote: »
    Unfortunately its our alarming dip in form that is worrying. We could quite conceivably loose all our remaining games. Look at our present Christmas form...

Very true. I'm a little nervy about the trip to Loftus Road, everyone is expecting us to win, but it would not surprise me if some of the QPR players put together a solid performance and denied us a win.

West Ham is going to be extremely tough, and I think we'll run out of London with a point tbh.

I must say - and I'm sure I'm not the only one - this dip has not surprised me. Such a large contingent of French players, they do have the reputation for being moany etc., but they also have the reputation for being gritty and digging in when it matters; I just hope that side shows its face in the remaining three games and we do enough to stay up and close the book on a fatigued season.
    Seannew1 wrote: »
    Didn't think you'd still be so optimistic Doocey,but we've picked the worst time ever to be shipping loads of goals as well as not scoring any!

I'm optimistic by nature mate, no point a pessimist imo (although it's tough after a performance like that)

Someone on here mentioned the first half performance away at West Brom. We played really well, created chances and should have put the tie to bed before half-time.
    If we can put 90 minutes of that together against WHAM, or QPR I think we'll win.

Hopefully Arsenal will have Champions League in the bag by the time they come up, I can see Arsene Wenger doing us a little favour should they arrive on Tyneside with little to play for.

Our remaining three games are against sides that have nothing/little to play for (bar Arsenal, we'll have a clearer picture come the time) - take that as you will.

Pardew probably deserves the chance to keep us up, there's no point sacking anyone now - but in the summer serious talks need to take place.

Last season was refreshing, heading into any game looking like we had a plan; like we have a mission to stick to in the game. Swansea, Chelsea, Man Utd, Sunderland, West Brom examples of that.

Now it's not the same, but I have the belief that Pardew, Carver, and Taylor can get the lads up for the most 180 minutes of the season.
    Show the new lads videos of the past, whatever it takes — they need a bit of inspiration, and I think the return of Coloccini might be exactly that.

I certainly hope so anyway.
    HTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Hopefully Arsenal will have Champions League in the bag by the time they come up, I can see Arsene Wenger doing us a little favour should they arrive on Tyneside with little to play for....

Wouldn't bank on this one. Wenger & Pards aren't exactly best buds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

What did everyone make of Gary Neville's theory that Newcastle are where they are because there are too many French imports? I personally don't buy it, but I do have to say some of these fellas don't seem to have the stomach for a relegation scrap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

TaosHum wrote: »
    What did everyone make of Gary Neville's theory that Newcastle are where they are because there are too many French imports? I personally don't buy it, but I do have to say some of these fellas don't seem to have the stomach for a relegation scrap.

Maybe there is something to it but im sure as always with us its not the full story, most of the big sides in the league have a side made up of foreign internationals, honestly i think tactical ineptitude is our biggest problem not what country the players come from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Computer's been on the fritz for a while. What the fúck happened on Saturday? Comical at this stage.

TaosHum wrote: »

Not having that for one second! Usual "British players are different" rubbish

TBH pardew should play that over and over again as motivation for the next game

Neville's a good pundit when it comes to tactics but the lad doesn't have a clue about dressing room in Newcastle. Tired line that "foreign players just can't hack it".

It's nonsense. When the new imports came in and started off with a bang Graham Carr was being heralded as a genius for his working of the French market.

• Advertisement

Pardew and his tactics/team selection are to blame. I feel for Anita. The chap is just wasted on the bench. Have to start him ahead of Tiote who has been useless.

Jonas can fúck off too.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Pardew and his tactics/team selection are to blame. I feel for Anita. The chap is just wasted on the bench. Have to start him ahead of Tiote who has been useless.

Jonas can fúck off too.

After the Liverpool game, Pardew mentioned:
    "Perhaps we need a bit more experience and I will look at that in the selection next week."

Translation, expect more Jonas, Simpson, Williamson, Ameobi, with Colocinni coming back in and hopefully Ben Arfa in the starting 11.

A bit more experience?

Harper and Shola to start??

A bit more experience?

Harper and Shola to start??

Harper is a good shout. Can see that happening.

Pretty sure he's injured... I think.

I'd go with.
    Krul

Debuchy --- Saylor --- Perch --- Haidara

Anita --- Cabaye --- Sissoko

Ben Arfa --- Cisse --- Gouffran

I'll be honest lads, I'm kinda missing Shane Ferguson. He was a sporadic starter last year but I've been impressed every time I've seen him. Speedy chap too.

Pretty sure he's injured... I think.

I'd go with.
    Krul

Debuchy --- Saylor --- Perch --- Haidara

Anita --- Cabaye --- Sissoko

Ben Arfa --- Cisse --- Gouffran

I'll be honest lads, I'm kinda missing Shane Ferguson. He was a sporadic starter last year but I've been impressed every time I've seen him. Speedy chap too.

Krul might find it difficult with a dislocated shoulder :) Out for the season

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Krul might find it difficult with a dislocated shoulder :) Out for the season

Aye and isn't Debuchy suspended?

gav86 wrote: »
    Aye and isn't Debuchy suspended?

TG must have been on the sauce last night

:)

Blaming the French players is the biggest load of nonsense.

We clearly have a manager problem. He ****ed up the first half of the season by playing Cisse as a winger and hoofing long balls up to nowhere at every opportunity. I was willing to give him a chance to get it right but he's continued to make daft decisions.

Team has no gameplan, no shape, players out of position, everyone looks nervous on the ball. Even if we stay up, I want him gone now. He's not going to take use forward.

Here's an old quote from the man himself that shows he hasn't a clue how to use all these technically gifted Frenchies, because that's not his football philosophy.
    "I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain," he said.

"I kind of wondered where that British involvement actually was when I looked at their team.

"It's important that top clubs don't lose sight of the fact that it's the English Premier League and English players should be involved."

Pardew added: "Foreign players have been fantastic. We have learned from them and from foreign coaches.

"But, to some extent, we could lose the soul of British football - the English player.

"We have a young team at West Ham and we are proud we have so many Englishmen.

"The soul of this team will remain with at least three or four English players as long as I am West Ham. I think that's important, I really do."

Remember what Ba said before he left?
    “I’m not happy when the team does not create anything.” “Fans come to see beautiful games with beautiful actions and not long balls from the goalkeeper to the striker.”

It's clear that the players don't buy into his style of play. His negativity has stifled them.

We have the best squad we have had since the SBR days and to think he could bring us down is an absolute travesty when you look at squad that the likes of Wigan have to pick from.

• Advertisement

Anoeta wrote: »
    :)

I keep thinking of my FIFA team. :(

France's @infosportplus are saying Hatem Ben Arfa has begun talks with Tottenham Hotspur.

France's @infosportplus are saying Hatem Ben Arfa has begun talks with Tottenham Hotspur.
    The Sun are running a story of him wearing a PSG training top in a gym. The press will jump on any little story once things aren't going well at a club.

Rumored to be the kit we could be wearing in the Championship next season.

Newcastle+13+14+Puma+Home+Kit.jpg

And this monstrosity

Newcastle+13+14+Puma+Away+Kit.jpg

Third Kit

Newcastle+13+14+Puma+Third+Kit.jpg

Statement of unity released by the club. Pathetic really. Stfu and show it on the pitch

Lliambias,Tiote and Cisse coming out tonight with nonsense about how there all in this together blah blah rubbish. Heard this one far too many times!

The amount of mischief making in the press is unreal. Hopefully they come out all guns blazing on Saturday.

Statement of unity released by the club. Pathetic really. Stfu and show it on the pitch

Can't understand why they decided to take such offence to it. As you said, just ignore it and continue onwards.

By giving the article so much attention, through banning the journo from press conferences and releasing statements, they have actually done themselves more harm than good.

Its actually irrelevant now whether there is a divided in the dressing, as the story has been given so much life and will just aid speculation.

Tioté leading the statement of "unity" - he'd want to sort out himself before issuing such statements; he's been awful this season.

I would probably start Anita at West Ham, technically better as I've said all season, but since we're up against a physical side, and it's Pardew we're talking about, definitely going to be Cheick.

• Advertisement

Pardew dropping hints that Colo may be back in contention for Saturday. Thank fúck if that's true.

Lee Ryder/Mark Douglas mentioned it when he had his press conference earlier.

Haidaira out though which will probably mean Jonas at LB. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement