Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That_Guy wrote: »
    Pardew dropping hints that Colo may be back in contention for Saturday. Thank fúck if that's true.

Lee Ryder/Mark Douglas mentioned it when he had his press conference earlier.

Haidaira out though which will probably mean Jonas at LB. :(

Where's Raylor when you need him.

No world beater by any means but he always did a job anywhere he was asked and always hits a great setpiece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Where's Raylor when you need him.

No world beater by any means but he always did a job anywhere he was asked and always hits a great setpiece.

injured of course

Newcastle United are hugely disappointed by the article that appeared in The Sun on Wednesday, 1st May, concerning Hatem Ben Arfa, on the basis that their assertion was totally without foundation and completely untrue.
    The Club is 100 per cent supportive of Hatem.
    Articles such as this are an attempt to destabilise the Club and the team at a crucial period in the season.
    Supporters should be aware that the Club and Hatem are taking the strongest possible action against this flagrant false reporting.

The Sun did not have the courtesy to check the facts with the Club or the player before publishing the piece. Had they done so they would have been told there was no truth in it whatsoever.
    Hatem said: "I was shocked when my attention was drawn to the article in The Sun newspaper on Wednesday morning.
    "It is totally inaccurate, misleading and has caused me great personal upset and frustration."

siege mentality being instilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

This is my team for Saturday:
    Harper

Simmo --- Taylor --- Coloccini --- Perch

Anita --- Cabaye --- Sissoko

Ben Arfa --- Cisse --- Gouffran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Another statement from the club this time regarding benny and the PSG shirt

quote from http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130502/club-statement-hatem-ben-arfa_2281670_3165325
    Newcastle United are hugely disappointed by the article that appeared in The Sun on Wednesday, 1st May, concerning Hatem Ben Arfa, on the basis that their assertion was totally without foundation and completely untrue.
    The Club is 100 per cent supportive of Hatem.
    Articles such as this are an attempt to destabilise the Club and the team at a crucial period in the season.
    Supporters should be aware that the Club and Hatem are taking the strongest possible action against this flagrant false reporting.

The Sun did not have the courtesy to check the facts with the Club or the player before publishing the piece. Had they done so they would have been told there was no truth in it whatsoever.
    Hatem said: "I was shocked when my attention was drawn to the article in The Sun newspaper on Wednesday morning.
    "It is totally inaccurate, misleading and has caused me great personal upset and frustration."

Also on a different note has anyone else noticed that we have not heard much from John Carver this season?

Seemed he talked reguarly to the media last season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Seannew1 wrote: »
    This is my team for Saturday:
    Harper

Simmo --- Taylor --- Coloccini --- Perch

Anita --- Cabaye --- Sissoko

Ben Arfa --- Cisse --- Gouffran

Would agree with half of this.

We need two holding midfielders though, and that'll likely be either Perch and Tioté if Pardew continues with the same crap.

Elliot

Simmo -- Tay -- Colo----
    Cabaye --- Anita --- Jonas
    --- HBA
    Sissoko
    Gouffran
    Cissé

Is we play that formation, we score goals, simple as, in my book anyway!

Let Sissoko drive at their defence, while Cabs and Anita can sit a little deeper dictating play and cleaning up. Jonas offer support at LB, while also feeding Gouffran up the left.

Feed Cissé and he'll fire one or two away, also get Benny running at their full-back.

If we do this = at least a point, if not all three :)

HTL.

Doocey wrote: »
    Would agree with half of this.

We need two holding midfielders though, and that'll likely be either Perch and Tioté if Pardew continues with the same crap.

Elliot

Simmo -- Tay -- Colo----
    Cabaye --- Anita --- Jonas
    --- HBA
    Sissoko
    Gouffran
    Cissé

Is we play that formation, we score goals, simple as, in my book anyway!

Let Sissoko drive at their defence, while Cabs and Anita can sit a little deeper dictating play and cleaning up. Jonas offer support at LB, while also feeding Gouffran up the left.

Feed Cissé and he'll fire one or two away, also get Benny running at their full-back.

If we do this = at least a point, if not all three :)

HTL.
    Yeah,I agree Sissoko needs to be behind Cisse,definitely. Personally,I would prefer Harper over Elliot because of his experience and overall I think he's a better keeper but arséhole Pardew will more than likely stick with Elliot. Have a sneaky suspicion Shola could be playing too. Don't think we've any chance of getting anything tomorrow. Overall, I'm going to go for a 3-0 win to West Ham.The script is just written for Andy Carroll....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Im hoping/dreaming/praying for a sneaky 1-0 to newcastle tomorrow and hopefully that will see us safe .... Still need Pardew gone tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

My stab at what Pardew will do tomorrow.
    Harper

Simpson...Taylor...Colocinni...Jonas

Gouffran...Tiote...Cabaye...Ben Arfa

Ameobi...Cisse

Taking into account the comments he made last week about not having enough Prem experience and the fact West Ham play a physical game, I think he will go back to basic's and what worked for him last year.

Sissoko apparently a doubt for tomorrow now, his RM performance will be missed immensely :v

• Advertisement

4 5 bloody 1

:mad:

Ah the margins go against us once more...

Not a surprise, linesman has made a cock of pretty much every call so far

To be fair that was a pretty hard call, it was very very close. Wouldn't fault the officials for that but typical it went against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

Looks like it was just over the line from one angle. How we come out after the break could make or break our season. Wigan equalised against West Brom.

yes it was a tough call, but those go against us quite a bit...

Villa now winning, marvelous!

Absolute rubbish again today. Don't recall their keeper making a save.

This isn't good for the health!!

wigan level again

Another second half non performance

• Advertisement

what an utterly shocking attempted pass

Looks like Gosling is comig on for Gouffran,more positive decisions from Pardew!

Gouffran injured....

No fight or spirit here, going through the motions

*awaits inevitable kick in the teeth

Norwich level with Villa

what a dull game

And the thug scores for Wigan.

Wake me up when this nightmare is over.

Wigan winning, yay!

so even if we win, we dont

Gosling on. Anita left kicking his heels.

The mind boggles.

• Advertisement

West Ham should be on their holidays here and they want it far more than us,its sickeneing really

villa winning

we are going down folks....

Cabaye has been hiding this entire game.

What is the muppet of a summariser on about, "1 point closer to safety"

Villa and Wigan are winning you absolute fool, 2 points worse off and no longer in our hands!

Another Pardew HT teamtalk does the job!

And so the next 2 games are must win...no pressure there.

We are gone lads, not only are we not playing at all but when 2/3 teams at that end of the table also win, you know your fcuked

• Advertisement

I really dont know what to say anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pathetic. Finding it hard to see how we can stay up with results going against us. If Sunderland win on Monday I think we're done.

have to win at qpr now cant see it happening a point at most
    the villa win today has really put us in big trouble

Decent result, didn't hold much hope at the start, so its a point more than I expected. Wigan and Villa winning though is a massive blow which increases the pressure on a very brittle looking side.

Overall, we some how managed to keep a clean sheet, which is nice, but going forward, we show very little. There just doesn't seem to be any type of gameplan when in possession, team totally divide of ideas. When Ben Arfa went off then that ended any threat we had of scoring. Happy to hold on and pray we somehow score.

Its not looking good gents and if we don't get 3 points from QPR, we are down.

could be in the relegation zone by Tuesday

• Advertisement

were a goal worse off than norwich so just better their results or concede less than them they have west brom at home and city away

Also, absolute no intensity or ambition shown at all. West Ham not only showed more fight, but when the ball went out, they were quick to restart and get at Newcastle. Alternatively, Newcastle we happy to kill time and hold on.

Team plays negative and has done for most of the season. Get what we deserve.

Im refusing to accept that we are already down. Huge game against QPR. If we win it we have a great chance. A lot of the teams around us have to play each other too. Keep the faith.

Anoeta wrote: »
    Im refusing to accept that we are already down. Huge game against QPR. If we win it we have a great chance. A lot of the teams around us have to play each other too. Keep the faith.

think a win at qpr will save us mate and hopefully we survive but changes needed in the summer and not for 1 second do i accept that the eufa cup is to blame for our season

Looking at this game today, it's evident these players don't understand the meaning of fighting and the predicament we're in.

Thought we controlled the game first half, deserved a goal.
    Ben Arfa is slowly but surely getting back into the run of things, bit more sharing from him would be great though :v

Gouffran unlucky with his attempt too.

A win at QPR and we're safe, I'd be pretty sure of that. Except, I watched QPR today against Arsenal and they ain't too bad when there's a little fans support behind them. Ie. they will cause us problems.

Would not surprise me if Remy pops up with a goal too :(.
    We have to hope though, an early goal a must against them IMO if we're to win.

More than likely coming down to the last day unless Wigan lose every game from now until the end. They play Villa too don't they? Villa are safe, so thats prob three points for Wigan :(

KTF.

cadete wrote: »
    think a win at qpr will save us mate and hopefully we survive but changes needed in the summer and not for 1 second do i accept that the eufa cup is to blame for our season

Tired and incorrect excuse thats not being used by the club. Anyone who looks at our lineups in that comp, coupled our pathetic domestic cup progress would see that. Lazy journalism...
    Doocey wrote: »
    Thought we controlled the game first half, deserved a goal.
    Ben Arfa is slowly but surely getting back into the run of things, bit more sharing from him would be great though :v

Gouffran unlucky with his attempt too.

A win at QPR and we're safe, I'd be pretty sure of that. Except, I watched QPR today against Arsenal and they ain't too bad when there's a little fans support behind them. Ie. they will cause us problems.

Would not surprise me if Remy pops up with a goal too :(.
    We have to hope though, an early goal a must against them IMO if we're to win.

More than likely coming down to the last day unless Wigan lose every game from now until the end. They play Villa too don't they? Villa are safe, so thats prob three points for Wigan :(

KTF.

Villa seem to relish sending teams down so i wouldnt be so sure

We'll know if we are down this time next week. If the midweek games go against us and we loose to QPR we could conceivably be three points adrift needing a win and other results to go our way. the two midweek games and the 3 at the weekend will decide our fate. If all go against us we are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

I'm starting to look more to Norwich now. They have Man City away last game, so they have only one game left with a realistic chance of getting points . They are home to West Brom, let's pray they don't win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

This weekend is the only time I've been worried about the drop. Get the finger out mags

Big night for Wigan (and all those around them). I can see them pulling it off though, which would see us drop into the relegation zone.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement