Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah it was quite incredible. Every Newcastle fan couldn't believe what we'd found after those first few games. Remember him running at and just eating up Ashley Cole for pace like he was nothing?

I hope someone asks Pardew about his dip in form because it's something that should be questioned.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8714087/QPR-s-Loic-Remy-Arrested-On-Suspicion-Of-Rape

That's gone well for QPR so. Payhim 80k a week, Samba 100k a week, team filled with internationals and champions league winners and Redknapp claims they wouldn't even finish in the top half of the Championship. Who's he trying to kid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Glad we didn't sign him. Not just because of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

WTF?

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/24533-newcastle-in-shock-rooney-bid.php
    Newcastle United are preparing a shock bid for want-away Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.

SportsDirect News has learned the Magpies have already sounded out Rooney’s agent over a potential move, with United keen to offload the 27-year-old.

A source close to the negotiations told us: “Newcastle see Wayne as their ideal player.

“He’s a strong centre-forward, would relate to the fans and would be a massive boost to the club’s brand name.

“Low-level conversations have already been held between Newcastle and Rooney’s agent, though the two clubs haven’t spoken directly yet.”

Ashley owns this website and has since distanced himself from this rumour. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Moneymaker wrote: »
    http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8714087/QPR-s-Loic-Remy-Arrested-On-Suspicion-Of-Rape

That's gone well for QPR so. Payhim 80k a week, Samba 100k a week, team filled with internationals and champions league winners and Redknapp claims they wouldn't even finish in the top half of the Championship. Who's he trying to kid?

Best group of individuals I've seen go down. Big names like Remy, Samba, Cesar, Hoillet, Mbia, Granero, Taarbat, SWP and Park to name a few. Just a team of individuals happy to pick up a pay check and see the club go down.

And people question that our French imports couldn't give a ****?

• Advertisement

No way he would be interested. Salary would be astronomical if he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, can't see Ashley breaking the bank for Rooney if he's going to cost 10m a year in salary.....
    But if he made him work in the main Sports Direct at the weekends, he could recoup from 25 quid "pics with Rooney" for the kids?

Publicity stunt lads. Site we never knew existed now has tonnes of traffic.

Smart cookie that Ashley fella. Least when it comes to business.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Team having a barbecue at Colo's tonight. #colosparty

The #ColosParty hashtag on Twitter is more entertaining than our entire season. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

That_Guy wrote: »
    The #ColosParty hashtag on Twitter is more entertaining than our entire season. :(

Ya and it could be a farewell party for him too which is more depressing

Dressing room divide eh?

BKYX6SeCMAAJ1aO.jpg:large

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Denilson on loan next season in exchange for a half-hearted performance from your lot at the weekend? Deal?

Denilson on loan next season in exchange for a half-hearted performance from your lot at the weekend? Deal?

Don't worry, we've being giving half hearted performances for most of the season!!!

Can we have Giroud?

Podolski, Kos or Wilshere and you have a deal.

Also;

BBC Radio Newcastle confirm that the live Q&A on air by Alan Pardew scheduled for this coming Friday has been postponed.

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Harpers final appearance will be on sunday, 20 years with the club really a great servant,

Probably would have been a regular with a different club if we didnt have shay in front of him

Hopefully he will stay in a coaching role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

cadete wrote: »
    Harpers final appearance will be on sunday, 20 years with the club really a great servant,

Probably would have been a regular with a different club if we didnt have shay in front of him

Hopefully he will stay in a coaching role

Dont forget Shay nearly left because Harps was keeping him out. Was talk of a possible England call up at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Dressing room divide eh?

King shola (the mackem slayer of years gone by) at the head of table!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Dressing room divide eh?

... Not sure how Tom Huddlestone got an invite to the party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Its been entertaining reading the last few pages of posts about our abysmal season and posts of sacking pardew to players leaving and pure anger at what has gone on this year.

Pardew does have to take some blame for a lack of any form of credible tactics or gameplans but I think we also have to look at the players this season. Last season I believe our outstanding players were Jonas, Ba, Cisse, Raylor, Cabaye, Tiote. How many of those same players can you say had a similar season??? I reckon just one, Ba and then he was sold...... Jonas possibly worst season in a toon shirt. Cisse is probably the most frustrating forward I have ever watched for this club, he doesnt score enough, is offside 90% of the time and drives me mad. Raylor injured, Cabaye knackered and needed the rest, still never got to anywhere near his best when he came back. Tiote was a liability for most of the season. If our core players that made the previous season so great were sh1te then we hadnt got a hope of doing anywhere near well.

The only thing you can say about this season is that its over, were still in the league and next season cannot really get any worse. Our best performance this season was the home leg against Benfica where we battered them and played some fantastic stuff but just couldnt score. Our performance that night was just constant attack and it reminded me of why I loved this club in the first place. We have the players to play this way and we will score more than we concede if we just go for it. Bring back KK lol

Next season I think its time to replace Jonas and get another striker that will challenge Cisse to give him a bit more competition to score more goals. Of the players relegated, James McCarthy is probably the only one I would add to the squad.

We have a great team of individual players, its just we need the right man to make them into a team and a force to be reckoned with.

Krul
    --Debuchy
    Colo
    Saylor
    Santon

Tiote
    Cabaye
    ---HBA
    Sissoko
    Jonas

Cisse

some good points there Baz i would like mccarthy brought in the lad has a great all round game and jonas does have to be replaced

if we dont lose any1 i would like to still to see a first team striker and a left winger brought in aswell as mccarthy, cisse i really dont trust to so the job week in week out, would be good to have a man who we can rotate with him (maybe carroll but not sure, at the right price yeah)

but it looks like we are stuck with pardew and that is not good, i think he will get 8/10 games next season to turn it around or he will bite the bullet

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I still think there's aplace for Jonas within the squad and sure if it wasn't for him chasing down balls then would Gouffran have gotten that goal that kept us up.
    But Cisse needs someone up there with him, Rooney would be a hopeful one but crazier things have happened. I'm confident that next season will be a whole lot brighter.....

PauloConn wrote: »
    I still think there's aplace for Jonas within the squad and sure if it wasn't for him chasing down balls then would Gouffran have gotten that goal that kept us up.
    But Cisse needs someone up there with him, Rooney would be a hopeful one but crazier things have happened. I'm confident that next season will be a whole lot brighter.....

While i appreciate Jonas' work rate he is supposed to be a winger and he is supposed to get forward and create chances. He rarely gets by anyone anymore and even more rarely creates chances. Furthermore despite his supposed cover for our FB we have conceded more goals than ever so im not convinced about the effectiveness of that tactic either

I'd get rid, good servant but he doesn't really add anything on the pitch anymore.

I hope we give Shane Ferguson a proper chance next season.

I hope we give Shane Ferguson a proper chance next season.

He got a few runs this season, didnt look up to it. Hopefully the run of games he got in the championship will stand to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

"There's no uncertainty about my position," said Pardew, who penned an eight-year deal last year.

"I expect to be manager 100 per cent. It was a good lunch.

"Mike just comes and generally has a chat, says hello to everyone and he thanked all the players for their efforts.

"We all know it has not been our greatest season but you cannot say we've not given 100 per cent. :eek:

"We have and therefore have a better scenario next year and we all have to pull together. That was basically his message.

"Like all clubs, we will be sitting down again, discussing plans for next year."

Looks like he's staying put.

more misery ahead so, nothing new i supose

• Advertisement

Talk on a facebook NUFC page Rafa has been offered the job!!!

think i would have him any1 but pardew

think i would have him any1 but pardew

That would be amazing. Man has some record.

One can only dream.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

A one million pound bounty for beating Arsenal?....interesting!

NUTZZ wrote: »
    A one million pound bounty for beating Arsenal?....interesting!

Missed this 1 where did u see it mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Missed this 1 where did u see it mate?

Sky Sports News just reported it, Mike Ashley offering a £1m bonus to his backroom staff if Newcastle beat Arsenal tomorrow

• Advertisement

Sky Sports News just reported it, Mike Ashley offering a £1m bonus to his backroom staff if Newcastle beat Arsenal tomorrow

Maybe with that kinda money on the line pardew will not play guti :pac:

Its to all non playing staff at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Sad to see Steve Harper play his last game today. Such a fantastic keeper and just never got the opportunity really to show it. Starting at a time when it was a joy to support this club 20 years ago, there are not many players like him these days. Great to see fans will clap for him in the 37th minute to show appreciation. Best of luck to him in his managerial career.

Steve Harper - The true face of loyalty

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Out with an absolute wimper today after a long difficult season, pathetic really.

****e performance. Usual 2nd half garbage. Glad it's over. On to next season, hopefully without Pardew.

• Advertisement

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Out with an absolute wimper today after a long difficult season, pathetic really.
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    ****e performance. Usual 2nd half garbage. Glad it's over. On to next season, hopefully without Pardew.

Terrible second half, guti tiote and cisse were awful couldnt make a 5 yard pass, best ball tiote played today was to gift walcott the chance, thought yanga mbiwa had a good game as did colo and benny in parts

hopefully we will be alot better next season

After an encouraging first half the Achilles heel of HT once again effected us. Why always negative in the second half? Thats 10 goals conceded and not one scored in our last three home games.

Despite what pardew says I believe he will be sacked. We would have gained nothing by sacking him once safety was assured. Season is over now. Time to get rid!

M5 wrote: »

Despite what pardew says I believe he will be sacked. We would have gained nothing by sacking him once safety was assured. Season is over now. Time to get rid!

I hope you're right! I can't see him been sacked tbh!

I hope you're right! I can't see him been sacked tbh!

What would Ashley have to gain from saying anything other than "your job is safe"? cant see us sacking the manager who presided over

our second worst pl points total
    our second worst pl league pos
    our worst goals conceded in PL histort
    our worst defeat
    our worst home defeat
    our worst run of 5/10/15 games in PL history
    our worst run of 10/15 games ever
    Second worst away points total

its remarkable that we have not been relegated given the above...

I truly hope Ashley has the balls to make the right call and gets rid of Pardew.

As for who comes in ... at this stage I dont know who I'd prefer

dont think MA would pay for a Benitez ...

What would Ashley have to gain from saying anything other than "your job is safe"? cant see us sacking the manager who presided over

our second worst pl points total
    our second worst pl league pos
    our worst goals conceded in PL histort
    our worst defeat
    our worst home defeat
    our worst run of 5/10/15 games in PL history
    our worst run of 10/15 games ever
    Second worst away points total

its remarkable that we have not been relegated given the above...

Oh he deserves to be, no doubt. But I think Mike will stick with him.

The fact he was offering a 1 million bonus to the non playing staff for a win today, seems like he places the majority of the blame with the players.

Oh he deserves to be, no doubt. But I think Mike will stick with him.

The fact he was offering a 1 million bonus to the non playing staff for a win today, seems like he places the majority of the blame with the players.

Not so sure about that TBH. That is the second time he has done that. Did the same in the game against WBA that we blew a 3:0 ht lead

On a positive note, Sad to see Harps playing his last game. A guy who obviously loved the club! A proper pro!

Not so sure about that TBH. That is the second time he has done that. Did the same in the game against WBA that we blew a 3:0 ht lead

Lol, didn't know that. The tea lady must of been raging :D

It is a clever way to try induce a performance from the players when the 'ordinary' workers bonus depends on how the prima-donna's do on the pitch.

When the day after said prima-donna's will be facing said 'ordinary' folk

Maybe he really wanted spurs to get champions league

Rumor has it hes a spurs fan

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement