Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

cadete wrote: »
    Maybe he really wanted spurs to get champions league

Rumor has it hes a spurs fan

Nope. Chelsea according to lambias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

One thing we can all agree on. This horrible, nightmare inducing season is over!

Champions league next week and then i'm putting my head in the sand for a month, NUFC have sucked the life out of me this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Thought yesterday's performance exemplified our season as a whole. Looked far the more dangerous side in the first half, but never capitalised. Once the 2nd half rolled around we yet again started slow, allowed Arsenal to get the upper hand and the inevitable occurred. Once Arsenal got that goal we never once looked like scoring. The team looked tactically lost going forward. No direction, no gameplan, just hoping something would fall to them. Arsenal to their credit I thought defended very well also.

Never before have I been so happy to see the back of a season. Without going into the detail (as it has been done to death all season), but Pardew hasn't a clue and the players aren't responding to him (some just don't give a ****).

In a season full of negatives, there were some nice moments. The performances against Anzhi (and even against Metalist) I thought were excellent. To not concede a goal in 180 minutes of football against a team that boast's the likes Eto'o, Traore, Willian, Boussoufa, etc is quite a feet and one to be proud of. To think this team could perform at that level in comparison to what they showed in the league is hugely disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Did i hear correct Pardew is making reference to 1 of the players going to another club for CL football? I'm assuming it's Colo or Cabeye and wouldn't be happy seeing either of them go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PauloConn wrote: »
    Did i hear correct Pardew is making reference to 1 of the players going to another club for CL football? I'm assuming it's Colo or Cabeye and wouldn't be happy seeing either of them go.

You'd imagine Cabaye. Colo wants to go back to Argentina by all accounts. Wouldn't blame Cabaye tbh. Promised to be playing a good brand of football, ended up nearly relegated with hoof ball tactics.

Deserves better.

I agree he deserves better but would him leaving prompt alot of the other french contingent to become unsettled? Wouldn't like to lose HBA, Sissoko etc if her left. But if Pardew left, would he consider staying????
    Needless to say, i'm getting worried.....

Decisions need to be made regarding Pardew ASAP. Hughton was fired for less FFS. He needs to go and go very quickly so we can have a manager in place before the transfer window opens.

Maybe Pardew isn't as safe as he thinks......
    Alan Pardew should discover whether he is to remain as Newcastle United manager in the next 48 hours when the club’s hierarchy examine a hugely disappointing season.

Pardew said on Friday he was “100 per cent convinced” he would hold on to his job, despite finishing fifth from bottom in the Premier League, but he will have to persuade owner Mike Ashley that there will be no repeat of such underachievement. Ashley has been far from impressed with the way the season has unfolded, particularly as he spent heavily in January to sign five players from France.

Telegraph Sport understands the billionaire has not given anyone any assurances about what he wants to do, although he is thought to be swaying towards giving Pardew another chance to prove himself. Ashley will also consider the fact that any pay-off would likely be enormous given that he handed Pardew an eight-year contract in September.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10069853/Newcastles-Alan-Pardew-hoping-for-one-more-chance-from-Mike-Ashley.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

TaosHum wrote: »

If he gets sacked that quote from him would be hilarious and rank alongside ''we have no relegation worries'' after beating Stoke and ''I don't care if Arsenal beat us 4-0'' after safety was confirmed last week.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    If he gets sacked that quote from him would be hilarious and rank alongside ''we have no relegation worries'' after beating Stoke and ''I don't care if Arsenal beat us 4-0'' after safety was confirmed last week.

The man's a buffoon. There's a difference between passion and stupidity. He has crossed that line long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

He's gonna rape the job.

Very mixed reports on the "payoff" if he does get rid of Pardew. Even Ashley isn't stupid enough to give someone an 8 year contract as opposed to a rolling 1 year contract for 8 years.
    Anyway, 48 hours to go. This could be interesting

Time to roll out the prayer mats lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

As much as I'd like to see Pardew be sacked,it won't be happening! If you's want something realistic to happen,hope Coloccini stays and Andy Carroll is brought back!

Don't want Carroll. That will promote even more hoof ball.

• Advertisement

Build the team around Krul-Colo-Sissoko-HBA and the rest will happen on its own

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Don't want Carroll. That will promote even more hoof ball.
    Not necessarily, he'll give us more of a threat from set pieces,both from an attacking and defensive perspective,how successful have we been in that regard over the last 2 years?? and he'd be someone that Cisse could really benefit from. We may also get some spirit for once from someone from the area and not someone who speaks french.

Dont forget the Newcastle “operate in a different league” to Everton and his "delight" at no being in the Europa league next season.

On Carroll, Deal agreed with WHU, would liked to have seen him back TBH, there is still potential

On Cabaye leaving. His lack of form has been one of the main reasons for our decline. For him to decide he wants to go because of that its poor

On Pardew. We allegedly moved forward when Hughton was sacked. They finished ahead of us with about 1/8th of the budget.

Andy Carroll, the first of many that "we just failed to get over the line"

--wait for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/mick-quinn-delivers-end-of-season-verdict-3903943

Mick Quinn talking about the season and changes that need to be made, not sure i agree with some of it but a good article either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

what's this mention of 48hrs?

Ring the lawyers, find the loophole, get rid of current manager on the cheap.:cool:

I feel 'dirty' to be one of those ' **insert manager's name** OUT!!' kinda person but by fcuk, I really want Pardew gone ...

I've no idea who I'd like to see but it would be nice if some ambition was shown and we try and get a managers at more than £1m/year ... Lets get in a big name proven manager ....

Betting suspended on pardew being next manager to be sacked. Also poyet gone from 30-1 to 4-1 fav after a swathe of bets on him. Fits the profile I would expect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Beginning to lean towards a new manager myself.

Pardew seems to have lost the dressing-room, and quite frankly lost the plot with the awful football we've been playing most of the season.

Would be in favour of Martinez taking over — do not want Poyet whatsoever, he rates himself too highly (sound like someone we know?!)

Pards unlikely to be sacked though - Ashley will trust him until Christmas IMO. We can only wait and see!

If you sign Carroll you're back to the problem you had with Cisse when Ba was there lads. I wouldn't advocate spending £15m on him when you have your main man up top already. You just need to spend a few million on a half-decent backup.
    M5 wrote: »
    Betting suspended on pardew being next manager to be sacked. Also poyet gone from 30-1 to 4-1 fav after a swathe of bets on him. Fits the profile I would expect

I'd be delighted with this. Not half as good as he thinks he is and he makes Pardew look like a member of the Royal Family. You could attract a proper manager if Ashley stumps up the cash. Given what he has witnessed from his last few, cheap, appointments I think he just might splash out for the next gaffer.

If you sign Carroll you're back to the problem you had with Cisse when Ba was there lads. I wouldn't advocate spending £15m on him when you have your main man up top already. You just need to spend a few million on a half-decent backup.

I'd be delighted with this. Not half as good as he thinks he is and he makes Pardew look like a member of the Royal Family. You could attract a proper manager if Ashley stumps up the cash. Given what he has witnessed from his last few, cheap, appointments I think he just might splash out for the next gaffer.

Never going to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

We should at least make an enquiry for Martinez if we're going for a new manager.

Big crowds, better budget, better players, better supporters, better pitch - ticks all the boxes for Martinez to assume a hands on role at the club to lead the club to FA, Capital One Cup, and Top 4 finish all in the same season... :v

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Bookies certainly reckon so. Im in work so cant check the odds, im hearing PP and WH have suspended betting

Anyone but Benitez please, he would scare me. Poyet or Di Matteo would be nice! :pac:

• Advertisement

Bookies certainly reckon so. Im in work so cant check the odds, im hearing PP and WH have suspended betting

With the players we've got we need a man who likes his team to play, not just thump it long...

I just hope Pardew's gone .... This is like christmas eve' quicker i go a sleep the quicker tomorrows here ;)

And let me say this ...... NOT pulis!!!!

Anyone but Benitez please, he would scare me. Poyet or Di Matteo would be nice! :pac:

Genuinely cant see Benitez joining NUFC given the T's & C's versus being given a blank cheque book at PSG....

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    And let me say this ...... NOT pulis!!!!

Oh dear god. I'll have nightmares about that.

Telegraph the only "reputable" source running this at the moment

Girard making moves in the betting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/mick-quinn-delivers-end-of-season-verdict-3903943

Mick Quinn talking about the season and changes that need to be made, not sure i agree with some of it but a good article either way

So he wants a midfielder to score 10-15 goals per season?! I hate lazy punditry like that. Every team in the world (including the likes of Manchester United and Real Madrid) are looking for a goalscoring midfielder. It's an easy throwaway comment lacking any kind of meaningful analysis.

I can't believe these guys get paid to spout these standard clichés.

ambid wrote: »
    So he wants a midfielder to score 10-15 goals per season?! I hate lazy punditry like that. Every team in the world (including the likes of Manchester United and Real Madrid) are looking for a goalscoring midfielder. It's an easy throwaway comment lacking any kind of meaningful analysis.

I can't believe these guys get paid to spout these standard clichés.

The irony of course is we had one, and we sold him (that said Cabaye is a much better replacement but without the goals)

I hope the rumor is true but wont get excited,

I would like poyet to be honest

Martinez is not my choice at all better than pardew yeah, but im not sure he would be right for us,

• Advertisement

Heart says yes but head says no. Not one of the locals has run with this story

Heart says yes but head says no. Not one of the locals has run with this story

He'll stay and be gone by Christmas, IMO.

He'll stay and be gone by Christmas, IMO.

I fear your right Paully, another season down the toilet

Traced this story back to @cwarr07

sounding like BS

*that said he's followed by a heap of local journos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

This is hard to believe

254924.jpg

Would love to see Roberto Martinez, Remi Garde, Rudi Garcia or Vitor Pereira get the job but thats never gonna happen and we will be lumped with Pardew for another few years yet.

Everyone is being too far too naïve, looking at this logically, we had our end of season review today, given the sh*teness of our season, of course some nobody idiot is going to come out and write a tweet saying he was fired.

• Advertisement

Not getting my hopes up that he will be sacked. However I really don't understand the "giving him till Xmas" logic. If things don't improve (which I very much doubt they will), then the club will again be in the middle of a relegation scrap and your hoping the new man in will work wonders and get them out of it. IMO once you start handing out ultimatums and deadlines to improve things, the writing is on the wall. Also with Pardew all but ensuring we will lose some of our top players, so it hardly helps his chances of improving things.

Why not just change it now? Get a new man in that actually suits what the club is trying to do in terms of transfer policy and playing style. It would also allow the new man to work with the players over pre-season and have some say (however little it may be) in who comes in. This may also convince certain players who want out to give it another year at the club before leaving.

From
    http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-boss-alan-pardew-4000078

The ex-West Ham and Charlton boss said: “I genuinely think that without the Europa League our performances will be a lot stronger.”

Shows exactly the mans mindset, where does he want to finish every season? Just outside the euro places?

As we all know we played an 80% reserve squad in the group stages and rested the majority of the first team.

Hopefully Big Mike will see through all his Bulls**t this week and realise if we want to move forward we need to be rid of Pardew and his constant excuses

Traced this story back to @cwarr07

sounding like BS

*that said he's followed by a heap of local journos

Seriously. That's the infamous "Colin". He's a fúcking clown.

He claimed that N'Zogbia was back at Newcastle and was a done deal last summer. Even pledged £100 to the Sir Bobby Robson foundation if it didn't go ahead.

Didn't go ahead and he didn't pledge anything.

From
    http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-boss-alan-pardew-4000078

The ex-West Ham and Charlton boss said: “I genuinely think that without the Europa League our performances will be a lot stronger.”

Shows exactly the mans mindset, where does he want to finish every season? Just outside the euro places?

As we all know we played an 80% reserve squad in the group stages and rested the majority of the first team.

Hopefully Big Mike will see through all his Bulls**t this week and realise if we want to move forward we need to be rid of Pardew and his constant excuses

Absolute hate that mentality. Should get the sack for that alone.

Here's a stat I found prior to our final game against Arsenal.

Newcastle's league performances after Europa league games: Won 5 - Lost 7 - Drew 1. Win percentage: 38%

Newcastle's league performances with no Europa League games: Won 6 - Lost 11 - Drew 7. Win percentage: 25%.

Yet he is still blaming the EL for our poor performances :rolleyes:

He's spouting out even more drivel today.

I'm getting very bored of listening to him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement