Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

the only positive of all this is the posts have increased on this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

One inaccuracy cleared up
    The Club can announce that Managing Director, Derek Llambias, has resigned from his position with immediate effect.

Derek said "I have had an incredible journey during my five years at the club, including some challenging times. I will reflect with great fondness on my time in the North East and, in me, Newcastle United have a lifelong supporter.

"I want to thank the staff for their hard work, our fans for their support of the club, and wish them all well for the future."

which move was the reaction though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Busy morning, with Lambeezy leaving the club, pulling out of the deal for Douglas and Man City away on the first day.

Pardew confirms he i s staying to Lee Ryder

More good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So DL is gone.

WTF is going on?

Man City away. Tough fixture but good to get them out of the way I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Newcastle have confirmed they are having trouble getting in contact with Yohan Cabaye. The midfielder has gone on the lamb since the infamous Joe Kinnear interview. Kinnear has since stated that "It's a pitta that he's not schawarmed to me, so far. My first task as director will be to skewer the services of a replacement, and right now we're looking towards Chile.

DL leaving is interesting. Starting to believe this is a reaction to the hiring of Kinnear and not a planned departure. If it was planned, then I'm certain Kinnear would have used it in one of his interviews as to why he was brought in. Kinnear however said that he would be looking after the football side, while DL would be looking after the numbers. There was no indication of DL leaving.

With Pardew deciding to stay for the time being anyway, it will be interesting to see what Carr ends up deciding, as no one seems happy with this move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

DL gone?

job done maybe with the hiring of Kinnear?

TaosHum wrote: »
    DL leaving is interesting. Starting to believe this is a reaction to the hiring of Kinnear and not a planned departure. If it was planned, then I'm certain Kinnear would have used it in one of his interviews as to why he was brought in. Kinnear however said that he would be looking after the football side, while DL would be looking after the numbers. There was no indication of DL leaving.

With Pardew deciding to stay for the time being anyway, it will be interesting to see what Carr ends up deciding, as no one seems happy with this move.

Kinnear did say he had resigned on Sunday

M5 wrote: »
    Kinnear did say he had resigned on Sunday

Ah, well there goes my theory!

• Advertisement

Ah, well there goes my theory!

I wonder if DL knew he resigned on Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

This image and text is on the Irish Times webpage today. Is JK causing that much angst in Newcastle?

258856.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Well another interesting morning, what can anyone say anymore, typical nufc circus,
    All we can do now is sit back and enjoy the ride, im not gonna upset myself anymore, follow the club as normal but nothing will ever surprise me again.

I thought with most of the decisions ashley made over the last 5 odd years were in his mind in the best interests of the club, we are on a good financial footing but the playing side is all over the place, i thought after finishing 5th(with more than our fair share of luck) we would push on but not so, he has completely lost the plot now and has to go,

On a lighter note this made me giggle

jfk_zps76a50b77.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Tune in tomorrow when the acts are whittled down to just three! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Doocey wrote: »
    He's fúcking pulled out of the deal for Douglas -fúck sake..

Because he'd never heard of him. You couldn't make it up really. It was the straw that broke the camels back for Lambayzee and Carr may quit now too:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-joe-kinnear-drove-derek-1967425
    Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias quit in a row over a player to become the first victim of Joe Kinnear's controversial reign.

The Mirror can reveal Llambias resigned just hours after being forced to pull the plug on signing FC Twente defender Douglas.

Kinnear, appointed as director of football on Tuesday, claimed he had never heard of the Brazilian player.

Now, the Magpies' highly-respected chief scout Graham Carr could be the next to go.

It is believed Carr is considering his future after being told he must report to Kinnear.

Llambias is understood to have spent months lining up a Bosman-style free transfer for 25-year-old centre-half Douglas, who was linked with Newcastle as far back as last summer, and a deal was in place.

But Llambias - called "Llambezee" by Kinnear in one of the radio interviews carried out to mark the former Toon manager's return to St James' Park in a new role - did a sudden U-turn on Tuesday night and was forced to tell Douglas that the deal was off following Kinnear's intervention.

Kinnear - whose appointment has caused astonishment - sounded out former FC Twente boss Steve McClaren, because he was not aware of Douglas.

This even though the player has been at one of Holland's leading clubs for six years, turning out for them in the Champions League against teams such as Inter Milan and Tottenham and as they reached the last eight of the Europa League in 2010-11.

Hours later, Llambias offered his resignation.

It is clear he did not feel he could carry on working under Kinnear.

Llambias was one of manager Alan Pardew's big supporters and backed him when owner Mike Ashley became concerned last season as Newcastle flirted with relegation.

Carr is Newcastle's ace talent spotter and has been responsible for unearthing some of their most successful signings, but Kinnear has insisted he now is in charge of transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I feel bad for you lads :(, hopefully he doesn't last the length of his contract. Comes across like a proper fool who doesn't have a clue about modern football.

It's just amazing how much shít we've had to go through the last 5 years - truly incredible.

Most sickening thing is, things we working at Newcastle. Fair enough last season was poor, but as a club things were being run correctly and efficiently.

Just typical that Ashley throws a curveball like such.

Imagine if some consortium approached to buy now, would be brilliant!

On kinnear Douglas thing, that's exactly what happens when arrogance and stupidity combine....

Wonder if DL has a case for constructive dismissal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Most sickening thing is, things we working at Newcastle. Fair enough last season was poor, but as a club things were being run correctly and efficiently.

That would piss me off the most, for a brief moment in time you looked more stable than a lot of other clubs in the PL. Madness has undone that though, there's no other word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

The media are doing their best to add fuel to the fire. That story in the Mirror is just pure speculation and likely bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

The media are doing their best to add fuel to the fire. That story in the Mirror is just pure speculation and likely bull****.

No surprise considering he called the media every name under the sun and continues to do so at any given opportunity.

Paully D wrote: »
    No surprise considering he called the media every name under the sun and continues to do so at any given opportunity.

To be fair, NUFC are always picked at by the media, particularly the Southern press.

Kinnear's rant in which he used so many curse words those years ago was a ploy to take all the pressure off the players, I'm still of that opinion even today.

I also think he would have kept us up just about.

But calling off that Douglas deal was fúcking pathetic by all accounts if true.

To be fair, NUFC are always picked at by the media, particularly the Southern press.

Kinnear's rant in which he used so many curse words those years ago was a ploy to take all the pressure off the players, I'm still of that opinion even today.

I also think he would have kept us up just about.

But calling off that Douglas deal was fúcking pathetic by all accounts if true.

Ah we all think the media are unfair to our clubs. I think the same thing about Sunderland, but the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Ask fans of any club and the majority of them will say the media pick on their club. Agree that the Southern press aren't the biggest fans of north-east football clubs as a whole though, that is something that has always been true.

Obviously it's impossible to say for sure if Kinnear would have kept you up, but he was on a horrendous run when he left. 6 games without a win and 15th in the table, 1 point off the relegation zone and 2 off bottom spot, according to Statto, with games against Everton, Bolton (A), Manchester United, Hull (A), Arsenal, Chelsea, Stoke (A), Spurs (A), Fulham, Boro, Liverpool (A) and Villa (A) to come. That team was just rotten to the core and the players didn't give a ****, I think you'd have still gone down, but it's just conjecture really.

0877e87958e65d28a506c1ef573c6d9d.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Ya have to laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

This latest mess has left me seriously deflated and wonder about continuing to follow Newcastle as a supporter.

Let me start by saying I only started following newcastle around 95-96. Im Belgian and when my parents moved over to Ireland I (aged17)quickly realised you have to have a 'Team' an English team at that.
    Phillipe Albert was Belgian so Newcastle were my team!!

Fast fwd 17yrs, 20odd replica shirts and a number of visits to SJP later and i am a newcastle fan ... But if your children did some of the retarded sh!t the club are at you'd disown them!!

My club in Belgium are Club Brugge and my wifes relations live newr and are all Swindon Town supporters ... My morale is that low that im strongly considering trips to either of those teams next year and to hell with Mike Ashley!!

From the mirror today
    Kinnear has been brought to Newcastle United to bang heads together and end a feud between manager Alan Pardew and his chief scout, Graham Carr.

Pardew and Carr have been at odds for months, and there have been disagreements over the Magpies' past and future signings.

Now Kinnear, a man ironically renowned for his confrontational style and ability to divide opinion, has been parachuted into the internal battle as all-powerful referee and peace-maker.

The Geordies' owner, sportswear tycoon Mike Ashley, wanted to introduce a trusted outside figure in a bid to snuff out the damaging power struggle.

Pardew has complained that some of the players landed by Carr have not been good enough - a view the latter hotly disputes.

From the mirror today

If the article is true and Pardew/Carr have been arguing for months, then I wouldn't be surprised.

Very few of the players brought in in the last two window's suit Pardew's style.

• Advertisement

If the article is true and Pardew/Carr have been arguing for months, then I wouldn't be surprised.

Very few of the players brought in in the last two window's suit Pardew's style.
    Yeah f**king long ball "tactics", if there was a power struggle then it was easily resolved by getting rid of pardew, he is the one with a team full of internationals and with a good few of them playing for top nations and he cannot make it work!

cadete wrote: »
    Yeah f**king long ball "tactics", if there was a power struggle then it was easily resolved by getting rid of pardew, he is the one with a team full of internationals and with a good few of them playing for top nations and he cannot make it work!

thinking the same myself! Trouble started when he got the "8 year contract". We inexplicably changed a winning formula. Evidently long ball is the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

It's like a real life version of that "Dream Team" show that used to be on Sky, you couldn't make this bull**** up.... It's as if Ashley is a closet Sunderland fan or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Nothing wrong with the players brought in, their achievements at previous clubs and international record proves that.

Pardew is just an incompetent buffoon who doesn't know how to use them properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,309 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

jordainius wrote: »
    It's like a real life version of that "Dream Team" show that used to be on Sky, you couldn't make this bull**** up.... It's as if Ashley is a closet Sunderland fan or something...

Kinnear even looks a bit like former Harchester Utd owner Jerry Block .

He's off again:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/23/joe-kinnear-criticism-alan-shearer-newcastle
    “What Shearer says is diabolical. This is a guy who hasn’t got a clue about coaching. Good in five a sides, though, so they tell me. The last game of the season he came up with the master idea of playing Damien Duff at left back. Damien is one of the best left wingers in the business, but can’t tackle. And we went down with an own goal from Damien. Shearer keeps slagging me off. He is being disrespectful to me, but I am entitled to fight back.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

He presented his 3 manager of the year awards, one embarrassingly a readers award from the daily mirror

Cringe

Joe-Kinnear-Football-Manager-of-Wimbledon-with-his-Manager-of-the-year-award-1984498.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

bazual wrote: »

ha saw this last night lol defo a windup :)

The big white van surely must be called for the man. Its becoming obvious he's not well. Its turned from infuriating to feeling sorry for the lad.
    “They are like me up there. they appreciate hard work.

“I am from a council estate and I have been taught the values of hard work. A lot of the fans up there have that attitude.

“They want to see their team do as well as possible.

“When things are not going right they stamp their feet – and so they should.

“It is part of the culture up there and you have to take the criticism when you do not do well.”

He added: “When I was there as manager I was doing a great job.

“The team was away from the relegation area, but the media were on my back.

“At the end of the day I love the fans up there. I fell in love with them. None of the media liked what I said to them.

“But I tell you I did not say one bad word about the fans.”

Kinnear is now keen to simply get on with the job and added: “You have to remember you are representing the fans up here.

“That is what I have to do. Work hard to get the club going forward again.”

• Advertisement

Maybe he's hoping that if he keeps spouting ****e it will make Pardew leave?

Although, I'm giving the man far too much credit at that.

Fans told to "Get off Joe kinnear's back" at the a fan/club meeting tonight.

Oh deary me, this could get messy

Fans told to "Get off Joe kinnear's back" at the a fan/club meeting tonight.

Oh deary me, this could get messy

he didnt show himself then i guess, terrible attitude for the club to say that to the people who pay good money to put up with this shambles

I'm pretty sure Cheryl Cole used this line before. :pac:
    “They are like me up there. they appreciate hard work.

“I am from a council estate and I have been taught the values of hard work. A lot of the fans up there have that attitude.

he didnt show himself then i guess, terrible attitude for the club to say that to the people who pay good money to put up with this shambles

Oh no dear boy, this is a man named Eddie McIntrye. No ties with the club, is a season ticket holder and is Kinnear's mate. Baffling.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Cheryl Cole used this line before. :pac:

She would probably do better than Joe aswell :rolleyes:

Amilfitano and Albied told to move on

oh and surprise surprise, we wont enter a bidding war for Bony. There's an echo in here!

Amilfitano and Albied told to move on

No surprise to be honest. Even with all the injuries last season, neither were able to break into the first team (although Abied was on loan for a good part of it).

Disappointed with Amailfitano, alot more was expected of him.

No surprise to be honest. Even with all the injuries last season, neither were able to break into the first team (although Abied was on loan for a good part of it).

Disappointed with Amailfitano, alot more was expected of him.

Thought Albied was alright TBH... Probably not up to PL standards i suppose

Thought Albied was alright TBH... Probably not up to PL standards i suppose

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Ferguson. He said he would be happy to go out on loan again, but I'd like to see him get more opportunities this year. He has one thing that this team severely lacks....pace.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement