Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Junior D wrote: »
    Can't wait to hear what the supposed fee is!

€8m + €2m in bonuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

hopefully we get remy aswell but spurs supposed to be in for him now aswell

just saw an interesting stat there ony di natale (70) was caught offside more often in europe last season than gomis (68) :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Moneymaker wrote: »
    €8m + €2m in bonuses.

I do think Gomis is a very good player, and will probably fit in in the premiership, but that doesn't like great business for a player of his age, just 28 I believe?, in the final year of his contract?

Although I do suppose he might be worth the risk of taking him now, rather than waiting 6 months and somebody else coming in to snap him up

Surely Remy could be brought in for roughly the same price? Wages might be drastically different though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A bit pricey taking everything into account, but I think he will be an excellent signing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Taking everything into account regarding Gomis' situation, €10m is far too high a price. Europe's best director of football got taken to the cleaners on this deal.

If he knocks in 15-20 goals it'll be seen as a bargain.

If he knocks in 15-20 goals it'll be seen as a bargain.

That's what I think they're hoping, and in the overall scheme of things, I guess its a risk worth taking considering the prices some of the players are going for.

And at least someone is finally being brought in, god knows ye need another decent striker!

I wonder how JK is going to pronounce his name! :pac:

Jesus, I've only realised now that Kinnear is Irish!

How have I only found this out now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

On a side note - great to see Paully_D's son is a Newcastle United fan. The lad has sense, g'man Junior :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Reports that a load deal has been agreed for Remy too. Could a breakthrough day finally be here?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Junior D wrote: »
    Jesus, I've only realised now that Kinnear is Irish!

How have I only found this out now!
    Was it his 100% English accent??

M5 wrote: »
    Reports that a load deal has been agreed for Remy too. Could a breakthrough day finally be here?
    After what happened in January, I'm not overly optimistic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

cadete wrote: »
    hopefully we get remy aswell but spurs supposed to be in for him now aswell

just saw an interesting stat there ony di natale (70) was caught offside more often in europe last season than gomis (68) :eek:

Dear lord thats only cos Cisse wasnt playing in europe. So were gonna have them both offside for the season. All we need now is Darren Bent to sit in the opposition goal and were sorted.

Harry Redknapp has confirmed Loic Remy will be loaned from QPR this season

Quite smart to loan him actually if we're in for him, given his baggage.

• Advertisement

Doocey wrote: »
    On a side note - great to see Paully_D's son is a Newcastle United fan. The lad has sense, g'man Junior :pac:

Ha Bolton fan, sorry to break your heart!
    Just have a big interest in Newcastle, one of the few clubs I'd actually like to see do well, some of my relations are big fans!

Although I don't know which is worse, supporting Bolton or Newcastle! :P

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Was it his 100% English accent??

I just never copped on that he was Irish, for some reason I always accepted he was English

Decent interview from Kinnear - not giving too much away, but letting us know what's happening all the same..

http://t.co/Fjf8Yiu7ki

Rémy on his was for a medical ahead of a loan move.

Be interesting to hear what's going on the Gomis camp mind you!

Was on twitter we pulled out of gomis deal, wouldn't be suprised really if we did think the fee was too high and too many agents looking for a cut

Rumor has it debuchy is off to city? Really suprised if true but he hasn't really been great since arriving hopefully a big fee if its true and a replacement ready to come in

• Advertisement

cadete wrote: »
    Was on twitter we pulled out of gomis deal, wouldn't be suprised really if we did think the fee was too high and too many agents looking for a cut

Rumor has it debuchy is off to city? Really suprised if true but he hasn't really been great since arriving hopefully a big fee if its true and a replacement ready to come in

I don't think we've actually pulled out of the Gomis deal, but apparently there's a €800,000 clause that Lyon want NUFC to pay, and NUFC don't feel like paying it.

Saying that, up to Lyon if they want the guys of £7m, or leave him there till January where we get him on a pre-contract :)

Great to see some movement. Still worried that the worst defense we have had in our history is not being added to

Great to see some movement. Still worried that the worst defense we have had in our history is not being added to

It's not the worst defense we've ever had.

ok so its one of the worst ever. we shipped a shed load last season.

I'm taking it your happy enough then?:confused:

True we conceded far too many goals last year. Personally, I put that down not to the defensive individuals but the way the entire team was shaped. Krul and Coloccini missed a lot of games too which was a factor. Tiote gave absolutely no protection to the back 4 and people like Shola Ameobi and Demba Ba will always be too lazy to track back and help. Don't think it's quite the worst defence we've ever had,Bramble,O'Brien/Boumsong,Babayoro get my vote!

ok so its one of the worst ever. we shipped a shed load last season.

I'm taking it your happy enough then?:confused:

No?

I'm simply saying it's not the worst defence we've ever had.

Or do you want Bramble, Boumsong and Babayaro back?

No?

I'm simply saying it's not the worst defence we've ever had.

Or do you want Bramble, Boumsong and Babayaro back?

We conceded more than any other PL NUFC team with the current squad

We were worse last season than with any of the previously mentioned players.

While i would not like to take any of them back the point still stands. Our defense was atrocious last season and while injuries may be somewhat of an excuse, what is our plan if we have injuries again? Mike Williamson?

Delighted
    BQ7a0z9CEAA75_Q.jpg:large

Should be a good signing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

7-8months ago we were all calling him a money hungry ...........

now we're happy with him:confused:

• Advertisement

Should be a good signing!

I personally wanted him more than gomis, really hope we see his best and now if we get gomis we should be well sorted, hoping for a left winger too but maybe remy will be played there

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

now where happy with him:confused:

Yeah, that was unsavory alright. As unpalatable as it is whats the point complaining about it or the legal stuff hanging over his head?

Gotta agree with M5 the guy went for the money which i guess is fair enough but we got him now and im sure he will do the business for us,

On a side note i was sure big joe would get the job done #neverdoubtedhim :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jesus, we've actually signed someone. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Have to say I quite like the Remy signing and giving his situation, its a very good deal. People can say what they want about 7 months ago, but its the least of my worries TBH. Remy was QPR's best player after January and considering this was a team languishing at the bottom of the league for most it, I'd have no questions regarding his commitment. Also he has shown he has adapted to English football and was more impressive than any of the French lads we brought in in January.

The year long loan with an option to buy is a great deal for Newcastle. Considering Remy still has the rape charges hanging over him and can get injured quite a bit, having the option to send him back if things don't work out means we wouldn't be saddled with his contract for 3-4 years.

From a playing perspective its a great signing. If used right, he could be our most potent attacking threat and net us 12-15 goals. Cisse/Gomis/Bent/whatever new striker comes in will play up top on their own, so its a matter of who he starts over in midfield. I think he would be at his most effective playing behind Cisse, but I don't see Pardew dropping Sissoko. So it pretty much means that Gutierrez's automatic starting spot is hugely under pressure (hopefully).

All in all credit to Kinnear if he did indeed set up this transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Downing is next on ye're list lads. Please take him off us.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

He's not a very likable character but he's a far better player than Gomis/Bent so I'm happy enough.

It's not as big of risk now either. Before his QPR move he was bang out of form and there was serious question marks.

He's now shown he has the potential to tear up the Premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

rob316 wrote: »
    Downing is next on ye're list lads. Please take him off us.:)

No thanks.

No thanks.

Liverpool have him listed for £5m, Liverpool echo reporting ye want and unfortunately for ye they are extremely reliable.

• Advertisement

Better then Jonas I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

rob316 wrote: »
    Liverpool have him listed for £5m, Liverpool echo reporting ye want and unfortunately for ye they are extremely reliable.

£5m would be a reasonable fee for Downing, but his salary is quoted variously as being between £70,000 and £90,000 per week (which is up to £4.5m per year). That's probably twice what Newcastle are prepared to pay (and is way to much to pay someone of Downing's ability). I'd be surprised if it happened.

ambid wrote: »
    £5m would be a reasonable fee for Downing, but his salary is quoted variously as being between £70,000 and £90,000 per week (which is up to £4.5m per year). That's probably twice what Newcastle are prepared to pay (and is way to much to pay someone of Downing's ability). I'd be surprised if it happened.

Its a world cup year so he will need to be playing regularly and at 29 its a last chance saloon for him internationally, he has intimated as much. Don't worry about wages we are the mugs who will have to pay him off, thus clearing up another one of Kenny/Comolli wonderful deals. :mad:

NUFC not interested in downing it seems. Hardly surprising given the amount of wingers we already have and the fact he's pretty crap

For a few million more we'd get Tom Ince who's way younger and has tons of potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

11 days to go. Wouldn't mind seeing this on opening day.
    Krul

Debuchy --- Colo --- Saylor --- Santon

Ben Arfa --- Cabaye --- Sissoko

Remy --- Cisse --- Gouffran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, would be a good lineup alright.....
    here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

That_Guy wrote: »
    11 days to go. Wouldn't mind seeing this on opening day.
    Krul

Debuchy --- Colo --- Saylor --- Santon

Ben Arfa --- Cabaye --- Sissoko

Remy --- Cisse --- Gouffran

No place for Yanga-Mbiwa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Dont really care what 11 we start/finish with against city ... as long as we dont get embarrassed ... tht would knock the confidence right out of the players ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

One nil down to a peno at the moment.I reckon this same line up is more than likely the starter for the city game.

Krul; Debuchy, Coloccini (c)S.Taylor, Santon; Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko, Jonas, Ben Arfa, Cisse.

****e again last night.

Only question is will City reach double figures or not?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement