Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Moneymaker wrote: »
    ****e again last night.

Only question is will City reach double figures or not?
    Pardew seems to be continually playing with that ridiculous 4-2-3-1 system throughout pre-season. It is thus clear lessons weren't learnt from last year. I don't remember one game where we played well with that formation last year. I know we've had problems in the striking department lately with numbers and Cisse's sponsorship fiasco. If we continue to use this formation, we'll be in trouble because Cisse can't play on his own, we don't have the wingers to do the job and Cabaye's influence on the game is also affected. Also, I don't know why Pardew still plays Gutierrez instead of Marveaux/Gouffran when clearly they offer far more and Tiote instead of Anita.......completely baffled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Also, I don't know why Pardew still plays Gutierrez instead of Marveaux/Gouffran when clearly they offer far more and Tiote instead of Anita.......completely baffled.

It's infuriating. He offers nothing to the side and hasn't since 11/12

How would you line up for the City game?

It's infuriating. He offers nothing to the side and hasn't since 11/12

How would you line up for the City game?
    I was hoping Remy would play or that he'd have another striker to help Cisse but considering both look unlikely I'd personally go for 4-3-3 while reverting to 4-4-1-1 when City are in our half with Cabaye behind Cisse. Get Cabaye on the ball as much as possible, whereby Sissoko and Anita pressurize Jesus Navas and Silva and feed the ball to Cabaye and Ben Arfa. I'd like to see Gouffran play a centralised role but also his workrate would be key in helping Santon as Ben Arfa would do likewise to Debuchy.

Krul

Debuchy --- Colo --- Yanga Mbwiwa --- Santon

Anita --- Cabaye --- Sissoko

Ben Arfa --- Cisse --- Gouffran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Would like to see a 4-1-2-2-1 myself would allow both full backs to maraud foward but also require HBA and Gouf to track back a bit.

Krul
    ---Debuchy----Taylor----Colo
    Santon---
    Tiote

Cabaye
    Sissoko
    ----Ben Arfa
    Gouf/Remy--
    Cisse

BTW, I have renewed the Boards Nufc Fans fantasy football league, code is 487430-121945 if you want to join.

Anyone know where this new shirt against Braga came from, have not seen it before. Looks nice, is it going to be available to purchase

Debuchy just conceded soft peno, one nil Braga at half time.

266637.jpg

Looks like limited edition bobby robson kit

BRUoy_ECYAAeXOB.jpg:large
    bazual wrote: »
    Anyone know where this new shirt against Braga came from, have not seen it before. Looks nice, is it going to be available to purchase

Debuchy just conceded soft peno, one nil Braga at half time.

266637.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Shame it has that Wonga crap on it though, otherwise it'd be a nice kit to have

So we've pulled out of the Gomis deal. I'm shocked by this....

So we've pulled out of the Gomis deal. I'm shocked by this....
    I can just imagine it.....there'll be no more incoming transfer despite the board saying they're close to a "breakthrough" and Cabaye will leave on the final day of the transfer window, the board will promise that the money will be re-invested in January just like they did with Jonathon Woodgate, Andy Carroll and Demba Ba etc etc and no one will be signed....it's a running theme at this club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Really not suprised at this tbh, lots of games being played by lyon an 10m is just to much for a 28 year old with less than a year left on his contract, transfers have been really slow and I don't expect to see anyone before the window closes unless the season starts really badly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

cadete wrote: »
    Really not suprised at this tbh, lots of games being played by lyon an 10m is just to much for a 28 year old with less than a year left on his contract, transfers have been really slow and I don't expect to see anyone before the window closes unless the season starts really badly

Someone will be brought in. Pardew and Kinnear have stated far too often the need to bring in 2 strikers.If they fail to bring anyone in, then it will create more pressure for both having identified a weakness and being unable to strengthen it.

However I think they will buy in a panic, as they are extremely slow to get anything done. The transfer deadline will come, they will probably pay Villa the £6m for Bent they request and give Bent every penny he looks for.

I agree that pulling out of the Gomis deal is the right call financially. But they will probably waste the money on Bent in a panic move, so I would have preferred they overpaid for Gomis.

Probably a sensible business decision but we need bodies in fast.

All this JFK bs has distracted us from what we needed to be doing, getting players in quick, like Norwich did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Our summer signings were "brought forward" in January, i doubt we'll sign anyone TBH

The squad that just avoided relegation is obviously good enough to achieve the same lofty target next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Despite the fact I'll lose a few pound, it is the right decision to pull out of the Gomis deal. Paying too much for a start, and he's just turned 28.

Still confident that we'll two more players in the door, but to be fair - without sounding too much like Pardew, we have a strong squad to start the season. Not too many injuries, and a new forward added to the ranks.

It's all up to how we shape up in the first 5-6 games that will soon tell us whether there's been a change from hoof-ball to the attractive style that almost got us the Champions League two years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

losing 3-1 to the pool, behind closed doors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Doocey wrote: »
    Despite the fact I'll lose a few pound, it is the right decision to pull out of the Gomis deal. Paying too much for a start, and he's just turned 28.

Still confident that we'll two more players in the door, but to be fair - without sounding too much like Pardew, we have a strong squad to start the season. Not too many injuries, and a new forward added to the ranks.

It's all up to how we shape up in the first 5-6 games that will soon tell us whether there's been a change from hoof-ball to the attractive style that almost got us the Champions League two years ago.

Doocey, you have to be one of the most optimistic people I've come across

kevthegaff wrote: »
    losing 3-1 to the pool, behind closed doors
    Yet more reason to be optimistic ahead of the new season. Any idea of what team played??In the report I read, it only mentioned Cabaye,Obertan,Campbell and Gosling.

Junior D wrote: »
    Doocey, you have to be one of the most optimistic people I've come across

I've been known to look on the bright side indeed :pac:

I've been known to look on the bright side indeed :pac:
    What's your prediction for us in the upcoming season?

• Advertisement

Seannew1 wrote: »
    What's your prediction for us in the upcoming season?

I reckon we'll be 12th at the lowest. 11th would be my shout, but maybe we can do even better. Again, it all depends on how we play - if Pardew continues with the shíte that nearly got us relegated then we'll have a similar season to last, but some creativity and adventure in our play and we have goals in the side, with a very strong midfield + defence to go with that.

What about everyone else?

I reckon we'll be 12th at the lowest. 11th would be my shout, but maybe we can do even better. Again, it all depends on how we play - if Pardew continues with the shíte that nearly got us relegated then we'll have a similar season to last, but some creativity and adventure in our play and we have goals in the side, with a very strong midfield + defence to go with that.

Between 12th and 19th

I have no idea where you're getting the strong midfield and defence from.

Between 12th and 19th

I have no idea where you're getting the strong midfield and defence from.

bd081a44-4aea-4f88-a45f-b95d4d635b67_bfef4e83-f66e-428c-a1d9-3779d77ffc0b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

bd081a44-4aea-4f88-a45f-b95d4d635b67_bfef4e83-f66e-428c-a1d9-3779d77ffc0b.jpg

I see yellows, I see reds and I see loads of mis-placed passes!

That's very optimistic, my worry is that the problems which were so clear last year haven't been rectified, ie squad depth, no strikers, no aerial ability. Sunderland have got stronger and we've got weaker. From the manager's interviews, it seems that he's in hope that the French boys who came in January will be up and flying this year. Time will tell there I suppose as with the way we play as you've pointed out. If Cabs and Ben Arfa stay fit and play like they can, then perhaps, Cisse will play better and we can control the tempo of games this year. I never remember that happening last year! Overall, I'm expecting a tough year, I do think our home form against the lesser teams will be ok but that we'll struggle away and to the bigger sides. Overall, 14th.......

One thing I am really hoping for is a good cup run. Has been far too long since we had one domestically.

• Advertisement

Another one that we just failed to get over the line. :rolleyes:

Not bothered about Bent tbh, but it just makes Pardew and JFK look like clowns(again).

I'd say the list of players who have rejected us(publicly) is bigger then the list of players who've actually signed for us. :mad:

Not bothered about Bent tbh, but it just makes Pardew and JFK look like clowns(again).

I'd say the list of players who have rejected us(publicly) is bigger then the list of players who've actually signed for us. :mad:

exactly, Bent would have been a handy squad player but you cant really pay 75k for a squad player. That said we look like fools yet again. Still not spent any money, pretty confident we wont either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If we can't even get Bent on a season loan then what does it say about our transfer policy? Absolute shambles.

That_Guy wrote: »
    If we can't even get Bent on a season loan then what does it say about our transfer policy? Absolute shambles.

We have a policy, spend zero, avoid relegation, repeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I can see Newcastle doing well this season, top 10 finish IMO... All my Geordie mates think I'm mad!! Quick question for ye, looking at Cabaye or Ben Arfa for my Fantasy team... Rumour has it Ben Arfa is overweight and Cabaye has transf speculation hanging over him, so may. He be left on the bench as a result? Which of the 2 is the safer bet? Cheers

I'm still totally apathetic about this club.

If we get smashed on Monday(which we will)I wont even bat an eyelid.

The complete lack of ambition has made me totally disinterested.

I can see Newcastle doing well this season, top 10 finish IMO... All my Geordie mates think I'm mad!! Quick question for ye, looking at Cabaye or Ben Arfa for my Fantasy team... Rumour has it Ben Arfa is overweight and Cabaye has transf speculation hanging over him, so may. He be left on the bench as a result? Which of the 2 is the safer bet? Cheers

Neither has shone in preseason. I'd expect more of the same

Wouldn't look at anyone from our side for FF tbh.

Only man I'd recommend is Santon, from Week 2 onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

I'd happily take 12th

Pardew interview the same drivel as always, hopeful of getting one or two over the line in the door

our aim is Europe evidently, we are now prepared to take on the challenge we were unable to do 6 weeks ago

At Wonga.com's standard interest rate of 4,212%, if you were to take out a £100 loan and not make any payments for 7 years, you would owe them £23.5tn, more than the USA's entire national debt.

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/20...after-7-years/

Routledge has really turned into a great footballer since leaving us.

• Advertisement

bazual wrote: »
    Routledge has really turned into a great footballer since leaving us.

Was never a bad football even with us IMO, always had potential. Really found himself in a setup which suits his style of play, and surrounded by similar type players as well. (Dyer, Hernandez)

Doing well, fair play to him.

Getting kind of excited about Monday now I must say.

Also, got to laugh at the Mirror claiming we're making a bid for Willian :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was never a bad football even with us IMO, always had potential. Really found himself in a setup which suits his style of play, and surrounded by similar type players as well. (Dyer, Hernandez)

Doing well, fair play to him.

Getting kind of excited about Monday now I must say.

Also, got to laugh at the Mirror claiming we're making a bid for Willian :pac:

I just saw that
    Joe Kinnear, Newcastle’s Director of Football, has been scouring Europe.

He watched Belgium draw 0-0 with France last Wednesday.

And he has been given the all-clear by owner Mike Ashley to bring in the players needed to make Newcastle a force in the Premier League and prevent a repeat of last season when they came perilously close to relegation.

Willian has made it clear he would like to try his luck in the Premier League where his compatriots Oscar and David Luiz are at Chelsea while Sandro has been a success at Tottenham.

During the summer, the Brazilian invasion has continued, with Fernandinho joining Manchester City while Paulinho has teamed up with Sandro at White Hart Lane.

Liverpool were the early front-runners to land Willian until Newcastle made their move.

He has also been linked with Tottenham and Manchester United, but the Anfield giants believe they can still land their target.

What are they smoking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dunno if any of you are watching Football League show there, McManaman at it again. Sent off for it this time, really shouldn't be allowed play football. Low quality human being.

CSF wrote: »
    Dunno if any of you are watching Football League show there, McManaman at it again. Sent off for it this time, really shouldn't be allowed play football. Low quality human being.

Just seen it. Got the ball, but was a very dangerous challenge. Nice to see the ref actually punishing him this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

TaosHum wrote: »
    Just seen it. Got the ball, but was a very dangerous challenge. Nice to see the ref actually punishing him this time.
    Yeah got sent off for the nature of the tackle rather than the contact. The chap is pure *words I can't use without getting banned*

im really not looking forward to the city game, city are 23/10 -1 might have a punt on that, really think we could be humped

cadete wrote: »
    im really not looking forward to the city game, city are 23/10 -1 might have a punt on that, really think we could be humped

kinda thinking the opposite really. No new players playing, poor pre-season, missing the flair of perchinio, Ben Arfa turned into Andy Reid, looking to Shola for goals, Cabaye in the shop window. Surely with all that it should be 3 points in the bag for us.

So how bad a shafting will it be then?

I'd be happy to get out of there avoiding a demolition tbh.

3/4-0 win for City for me.

• Advertisement

TaosHum wrote: »
    3/4-0 win for City for me.
    my bet365 account is all goin on city -1 no way will we get out of there with any kind of result just glad im not home to see it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement