Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

M5 wrote: »
    Looking quite disrespectful from Arsenal now.

Yep Arsenal must have dropped him.....

In fairness too many get sucked in by the media sh*t. Arsenal bid on your player, we don't know how much, no way would Arsenal want it public it's just no advantage to them. So how you see lack of respect is beyond me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Soups123 wrote: »
    Yep Arsenal must have dropped him.....

In fairness too many get sucked in by the media sh*t. Arsenal bid on your player, we don't know how much, no way would Arsenal want it public it's just no advantage to them. So how you see lack of respect is beyond me

Well nufc didn't release.the story... Would and has been completely worked for arsenal... He's not playing. Oh and the alleged bid is so low its clear it was just a move to unsettle the player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Arsenal are living in the dark ages when it comes to transfer fees. Wenger is a tight arse and has a value placed on each player he wants and its usually derisory. They mucked us about with Suarez too because they thought they could get him cheap. Make no mistake Arsenal's board and managment are absolutely content with scraping CL season afer season and banking the extortionate profit.

Well nufc didn't release.the story... Would and has been completely worked for arsenal... He's not playing. Oh and the alleged bid is so low its clear it was just a move to unsettle the player

Agents. Arsenal making it public would just open the door too other bidders. Can you confirm 100% what was offered? None of the news agencies can

rob316 wrote: »
    Arsenal are living in the dark ages when it comes to transfer fees. Wenger is a tight arse and has a value placed on each player he wants and its usually derisory. They mucked us about with Suarez too because they thought they could get him cheap. Make no mistake Arsenal's board and managment are absolutely content with scraping CL season afer season and banking the extortionate profit.

Ha ha Liverpool fan making this a Suarez issue, get over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Soups123 wrote: »
    Agents. Arsenal making it public would just open the door too other bidders. Can you confirm 100% what was offered? None of the news agencies can

You seem to know it all why don't u enlighten us?
    Or u could go back to the arsenal thread instead of trolling in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

He's getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the moooorning, he's getting sacked in the morning!

cadete wrote: »
    You seem to know it all why don't u enlighten us?
    Or u could go back to the arsenal thread instead of trolling in here

Not trolling at all! Where did I troll?

Just responded that Arsenal where being disrespectful. Anyway there's a game on will leave you to watch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I know we're only a half hour into our first game, but I really fear for us this season. The club is being run into the ground and JFK and co. are showing no ambition to change it. Absolute garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Ben Arfa the only one who looks sharp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The only thing predictable about this club is the staggering ineptitude at all levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

bad to worse....

I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I give up, maybe I'll follow Cabaye at Arsenal

Actually feel sorry for pardew, horrible way to prepare for a new season, little control over who we sign and then this whole affair
    This was never gonna be an easy game but none of what happened helped,

Anyway it's 4am here and I'm knackered

HWTL

• Advertisement

I can't stomach another season like last. But judging from this thats what we're in for.

I expect us to get beat by City at the best of the times but this is taking the ****ing piss.

Defeat to West Ham and A******ce could be the nail in the coffin.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I can't stomach another season like last. But judging from this thats what we're in for.

I expect us to get beat by City at the best of the times but this is taking the ****ing piss.

Defeat to West Ham to A******ce could be the nail in the coffin.

I've decided ....

Swindon are my second team, have relations living there, they will soon become my main team!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Ah well, not suprised I'm sure his head has been turned, and pardew decided to leave him out
    If he wants to go so be it I just hope it's to Psg, maybe we could get a deal including sahko,
    Rotten start to our season

Not much chance of Sakho going to Newcastle I reckon. He's been strongly linked with Barca amongst others...

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I've decided ....

Swindon are my second team, have relations living there, they will soon become my main team!

We'd struggle to beat Swindon if we lined out tomorrow tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Business as usual

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed City spare us and take it handy. They could rack up a cricket score.

I dont mind being outclassed against a team like City, as long as the players give it their best.

But the in-discipline and apathetic attitude is very, very worrying. We look wose than we did last season.

Feel very sorry for Tim Krul.

So predictable, called 4 and a sending off. Also expect my penalty prediction to happen before the end of play.

In normal circumstances I'd hope we shipped 5/6 and then you'd expect something to happen at the club. It wont though, so close to walking away from this shower of cnuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Doocey, if you can pick any positives out of this game then by all means share them with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

What is up with Debuchy?? I haven't seen such a disinterested Newcastle United player since Michael Owen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fúck it. Santon RB, Dummett LB for our next game.

Sulking cos his mate is off probably.

He seriously needs a look in the mirror as a professional athlete after this display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Seannew1 wrote: »
    What is up with Debuchy?? I haven't seen such a disinterested Newcastle United player since Michael Owen!

His boyfriend is leaving him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

It looks like a long season for Newcastle, not a bad team on paper but they are playing levels below what they should be. Normally you'd say Pardew out but who are they likely to replace him with? Who'd work under Kinnear? Warnock maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Normally you'd say Pardew out but who are they likely to replace him with?

Kinnear

• Advertisement

It looks like a long season for Newcastle, not a bad team on paper but they are playing levels below what they should be. Normally you'd say Pardew out but who are they likely to replace him with? Who'd work under Kinnear? Warnock maybe.

Dennis Wise.

Lads, you have to look at the bigger picture with Debuchy! How many players have come to the club, played well for a period and then gone to ****? The problem is not the players, its the amount of players and the managment. The club is now rotten to the core, the negativity has effected the players. Only hope is if Ashley sells.

Sorely tempted to walk away until that happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

That_Guy wrote: »
    Doocey, if you can pick any positives out of this game then by all means share them with us.

Two words: Paul Dummett - looks as if he has the ability to make himself a Premier League left-back..

Now, down the game itself, let's be honest about the following:

1. Manchester City were pretty immense going forward at that times that very few teams would have stopped them.

2. Steven Taylor needs a kick up the hole, absolutely ridiculous behaviour - unacceptable. 2 week fine on FM for me every day of the week.

3. Ben Arfa is back. Some of those mazy runs were quality. He had no one alongside him, but has that intricate ability to weave in, take on men, push ball ahead of him and leave markers for dead.
    Again, was isolated tonight, but signs encouraging.

4. We tried to play football tonight. Lot's of passing triangles; link-up play on the wings. I'm encouraged by that, but feel free to disagree.

Finally — I don't think any team was going to get a result tonight against City to be honest, but ill-discipline (Taylor) made this a four niller.
    If we start in a similar fashion (passing, HBA involvement) against West Ham United next weekend and continue that style throughout the game, then we'll beat them; of that I have no doubt.

And finally, finally - this beating could be a blessing in disguise, coupled with Gutierrez injury. We need action in the market and fairly fúcking quickly. Need a forward, and perhaps another left sided player, Tom Ince please.
    Kinnear has his job, now he has the big pressure to deliver. We'll see what he's made of and to be fair, Ashley has hired him to do a job - MA is a businessman, if Kinnear isn't doing the job he's been brought in to do, then you can be assured the big man won't be happy about it.

Keep the faith lads.

Dooce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Doocey wrote: »

3. Ben Arfa is back. Some of those mazy runs were quality. He had no one alongside him, but has that intricate ability to weave in, take on men, push ball ahead of him and leave markers for dead.

He doesn't bother his ass defending though, so can you carry a non defending midfielder? Why not play Ben Arfa as an orthodox 10 behind Cissé where that weakness can be hidden a little? The full backs were so exposed today, it's no wonder it all seemed to all become too much for Debuchy.

well that ended as expected,
    really disappointing way to begin a new season but such is following the club,
    we will bounce back and the only way is up from here, ashley recognized in January that players were needed players and we got them in, hopefully he will see the same today,
    the whole kinnear situation is a farce and will continue to be a farce as long as he is in his position. What on earth was ashley thinking giving such a job to a man who cannot string a sentence together.
    As for cabaye, well i suppose we could do 3 things
    1. negotiate with arsenal possibly make them up their bid to somewhere closer to his real value. although considering pardews relationship with wenger i think he will be pushing not to sell to them
    2. allow him to leave to PSG if they make a bid which would be my choice
    3. drop him into the reserves like liverpool did with suarez. its a world cup year and he needs regular first team football if he wants to travel to brazil
    In this transfer especially with option 3 open to us I think we have the power here and not the player. I dont want any player who does not want to be at the club, but we should not be ripped off and forced into selling by either cabaye or any club that bids for him.

Cabaye should have played imo, we're all capable of putting a situation to the back of our mind for an hr or 2

When I'm busy at work and get stuck in i tend to forget everything else I've going on.

If they have no intention of selling him he should have played. I think managers* don't give players enough credit in situations like these

*i realise that referring to Pardew as a manager might be considered a misnomer.

What was the story with Pardew's ludicrous assertion that we were in the game before Taylors sending off?

What was the story with Pardew's ludicrous assertion that we were in the game before Taylors sending off?

"I have to say I thought we gave a good account of ourselves up until the sending off," Pardew told Sky Sports.

"We'd threatened their goal, but the sending off made it a really difficult night for us and you don't want that on the first day." http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8879221/

laa laa land with those comments

"I have to say I thought we gave a good account of ourselves up until the sending off," Pardew told Sky Sports.

"We'd threatened their goal, but the sending off made it a really difficult night for us and you don't want that on the first day." http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8879221/

laa laa land with those comments

On another day we would have been 4 down with debuchy walking for a shove...

Its bizarre!

• Advertisement

The True Geordie rant
    In fairness he probably right about most things
    what he says about remy @ 7:38 is really funny, worth a watch

The True Geordie rant
    In fairness he probably right about most things
    what he says about remy @ 7:38 is really funny, worth a watch

"Remy would rather go to ****ing jail than play with that lot"

There's deluded and there's insulting the fans intelligence. Absurd comments from Pardew. He's on his last legs and he and the players know it. I'm not entirely without sympathy for him as it's pretty horrific working conditions.

Jamie Carragher made a good point last night (well, at least what I think he said anyway) that when he played against this Newcastle team, they did the very same at the end of last season when they got beat 0-6 at home to Liverpool, they gave up. Very worrying to see that type of attitude carry over from last season. It's as if last season never ended.

Pardew can talk about the Cabaye offer affecting his preparations, Jonas getting injured and Taylor getting sent off, but there is no excuse for players giving up and not giving a toss. And it's becoming a common occurrence.

As a neutral, as much as I think Pardew is out of his depth, what Ashley is doing is disgusting with ye're club. Its quite evident he made a big mistake in giving Pardew this 8 year contract and wont pay the severance now.

Instead he wants to force him out to the point of resigning. No money lost then. He's a ruthless business man Ashley and is using the wellbeing of the club to cover his error.

Feel for ye, we had the two American hicks who we got rid of eventually. Hope ye do the same with Ashley he's a cancer to ye're club.

rob316 wrote: »
    As a neutral, as much as I think Pardew is out of his depth, what Ashley is doing is disgusting with ye're club. Its quite evident he made a big mistake in giving Pardew this 8 year contract and wont pay the severance now.

Instead he wants to force him out to the point of resigning. No money lost then. He's a ruthless business man Ashley and is using the wellbeing of the club to cover his error.

Feel for ye, we had the two American hicks who we got rid of eventually. Hope ye do the same with Ashley he's a cancer to ye're club.

Pardew is on a 12 month rolling contract that runs for 8 years. If he were sacked he would be due one years wages.

Thanks for the sentiments though! Would take hicks in a heartbeat over this clown. He got us relegated too remember!

• Advertisement

Well he's trying to save face so if not money. He got Kinnear in too making the conditions even harder for Pardew. Its a rotten predicament, Pardew isn't a strong enough manager and you can see that by the players performances, they appear to have zero confidence in him. Ye have a squad of International players, there should be no excuse for the piss poor showings. The club is rotten to the core due to a scumbag owner, I hate seen it at any club.

Rob pardew should have been sacked at xmas, we went on a run of 15 games with i think 1 win and a draw or 2(open to correction) how he kept his job is anybodys guess, the guy is inept and has nothing other than the same old excuses and lines all the time. I cant imagine what his team talks are like. when he didnt go then he should have gone in may, but still didnt so god only knows when he will go. Will he go if we lose against west ham and fulham? possibly but i certainly wouldnt bet on it.

Apparently ashley has said to come up with 20mil or dont bother
    http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/78089/mike-ashleys-response-to-10million-bid-for-cabaye-which-part

One thing you have to say about Ashley, he certainly squeezes out every penny he can get for a player. It's just a pit he won't re-invest some of it back into the squad. Makes it difficult for bigger clubs to come after Newcastle players if they know they will have to overpay to get the player they want.

That's probably the only good thing I can say for Ashley, that and the tying up of the clubs major assets with long term contracts.

I'd be interesting to know what Cabaye feels about all of this. The Arsenal bid clearly affected him if he was left out, so you can probably take from that he wants out. I wonder at what point he hands in a transfer request if the club rejects another bid for him.

I think it speaks volumes that he lacks the professionalism to do the job he's paid to do for his current club. Pathetic attitude and he has no business wearing our colors if he doesn't get his ****ing act together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Would anyone agree with the conspiracy that Taylor got sent off on purpose to get rid of Pardew? Similar to Gerrard missing the peno under Hodgson?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement