Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Would anyone agree with the conspiracy that Taylor got sent off on purpose to get rid of Pardew? Similar to Gerrard missing the peno under Hodgson?

:pac:

Ah jaysus, wrong thread for this craic.

Taylor is one of Pardew's top men in the squad, as in, I'd say Taylor believes in Pardew's abilities as much as his own.

So. NO, that's a pretty ridiculous assertion IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Doocey wrote: »

Ah jaysus, wrong thread for this craic.

Taylor is one of Pardew's top men in the squad, as in, I'd say Taylor believes in Pardew's abilities as much as his own.

So. NO, that's a pretty ridiculous assertion IMO.

Really did lol at that doocey, you sound a little frazzled there lol :)

According to the lads over at NUFC.com, we're closing in on two targets.
    Less than two weeks before the transfer window closes - and boosted by an influx of funds from the expected sale of Yohan Cabaye - we understand that NUFC officials are currently overseas, concluding permanent deals to sign two players. More as we get it...

They're usually not too far off the money..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Obviously Willian and Thiago Silva. :P

According to the lads over at NUFC.com, we're closing in on two targets.

mohamed sissoko is available on a free aint he, bit defensive but would still have him
    thauvin would be great and gomis, easily have all 3 for under 16m

If we get Thauvin, it would represent unbelievable business.

Gomis looks set to be one of them for sure, but I wouldn't mind another defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

.com citing information with no sources. Top marks.

That_Guy wrote: »

Similar to DailyMail, The Sun, The Express and dare I say at times - The Chronicle! :pac:

Similar to DailyMail, The Sun, The Express and dare I say at times - The Chronicle! :pac:

But not all of those publications are fan sites. .com are. Cite their source or don't say anything at all tbh.

They tend to pretty reliable though to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Moneymaker wrote: »
    They tend to pretty reliable though to be fair.

Yeah from my experience with that website they rarely put up transfer news without any substance, unlike that Cwarr prick on Twitter :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Guessing Thauvin myself....

What's beginning to annoy me is the North-East press, constant switching of allegiances. When things are going good, fully supportive of Ashley regime, then when poor turn of events they're embarrassing at times to be honest.

Few journos from up there that I follow, George Caulkin and Mark Douglas.

After following for a couple of years, decided to unfollow Lee Ryder, the guy spouts a lot of nonsense.
    Luke Edwards is OK, but completely against Ashley after whole dressing-room debacle.

So in terms of NUFC.com, I'd trust them ahead of most/all journos up North to be honest.

Simon Bird usually writes decent stuff i've found.

Those journos cant say that much lads, some have been banned in the past for reporting facts in a non flattering light

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I bet you'll sign Miralem Pjanic.

I bet you'll sign Miralem Pjanic.

Pretty apt name.

The sudden impetus means that Cabaye is a off anyway.....

M5 wrote: »
    The sudden impetus means that Cabaye is a off anyway.....

possibly but i really dont think we will sell below 20 million, we have everything in our favour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Obviously Willian and Thiago Silva. :P

I thought Bale and Rooney myself :D

Imagine if like, MA and JK were fully confident Arsenal would offer £20m in the next two days and instead of waiting for funds, went and bought Thauvin, Gomis, only for Arsenal to cool interest in Cabaye and then he ended up staying.

I would love to see the look on Ashley's face after that :pac:

Imagine if like, MA and JK were fully confident Arsenal would offer £20m in the next two days and instead of waiting for funds, went and bought Thauvin, Gomis, only for Arsenal to cool interest in Cabaye and then he ended up staying.

I would love to see the look on Ashley's face after that :pac:

the more likely outcome is that the cabaye deal will go through an hour before the window shuts and we will just fail to get the others across the line!

Surely you know the drill at this stage Doocey!

M5 wrote: »
    the more likely outcome is that the cabaye deal will go through an hour before the window shuts and we will just fail to get the others across the line!

Surely you know the drill at this stage Doocey!

Hence my use of "imagine" which by definition is:

Verb
    1. Form a mental image or concept of.
    2. Believe (something unreal or untrue) to exist or be so

Nufc.com: Update: social networking sites carried photos of messrs Pardew, Carr, Kinnear and club secretary Lee Charnley leaving Nice Airport on Tuesday evening.

Hmmmm

Quite a few photos of the three drifting around, no question about it being them.

Have a look at Kinnear waiting for his flight:

BSJAA6wCEAAdFvU.jpg:large

In all fairness, football aside - the guy looks wrecked, almost ill. Whether that's fatigue or not, not nice viewing.

On the flipside, let's hope they've got a few over the line :pac:

• Advertisement

Quite a few photos of the three drifting around, no question about it being them.

Jesus Christ. I don't like the man but that doesn't make good viewing. He looks in a state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

In all fairness, football aside - the guy looks wrecked, almost ill. Whether that's fatigue or not, not nice viewing.

On the flipside, let's hope they've got a few over the line :pac:

He's probably been on the beer all day.

Paully D wrote: »
    He's probably been on the beer all day.

Either that, or he called Gomis' agent a cúnt so many times that he's exhausted!

Apparently he's promised the guy in the photo with him (cut out of this one) that we'll have 3 in by Saturday.

1 would be a pleasant surprise.

1 would be a pleasant surprise.

from the chronicle
    When asked if he feared getting through the window without being able to add to his current squad, Pardew said: “If it doesn’t (happen), like anything in life, we’re going to have to get on with it with what we’ve got.

“We’ve still got a very good team with Remy on top of it.

“We lost Demba and got the other guys in in January. I still think one more would be the perfect scenario.

1 more is the perfect senario he says? were possibly losing out best player and he wants 1 more in? the ambition of this club is nothing short of shocking.
    I am starting to think ashley doesnt want to give pardew money till he sees how the season starts and decides if he will finally sack him or not.

My prediction:

We'll sign someone but he'll be a youth squad player. Pardew will say "we tried for a top quality player but we couldn't get it over the line".

Cabaye will leave on deadline day and we'll inevitably replace him with nobody.

We'll be absolute poison in the run up to January and we'll panic buy in January but Cisse will leave, Debuchy will leave and perhaps Ben Arfa.

Our replacements will be utter crap.

Pardew will be sacked or walk and in will step Kinnear until the remainder of the season.

Kinnear will keep us up by the skin of our teeth and Ashley will say, "mmm, yiou know what? He got this team working quite well despite the players that left. I think I'll give him a second stint as manager"

• Advertisement

And vucikc is off. Lots stripped from the wage bill. Very little added

Vuckic off on loan.... Jesus.

He looked like he was ready to step up before a bad injury last season and now he's shipped out?

Just what the fuuck is going on? Perch, Simpson, Ferguson, Vuckic and soon to be Cabaye all moved on.

We'll have no players left at all at this rate.

And Kinnear has been saying that he'll have 3 players in before Saturday.

Sky Bet have Kinnear at 13/2 to sign ANY player of note....

I bet we sign no-one and WHam win on Saturday(again).

Could be fun seeing 50,000 strong lynch mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

tbf, Vuckic could do with some regular football. Loan spell will do him some good. Hopefully this means they have something else lined up (hopefully).

TaosHum wrote: »
    tbf, Vuckic could do with some regular football. Loan spell will do him some good. Hopefully this means they have something else lined up (hopefully).

Honestly, he could've done a job this season. I'd like to have seen him in Cabaye's position if he does indeed leave.

Why League 1 level though? Surely Championship is the level he should be playing at. Ridiculous.

TaosHum wrote: »

In fairness im not sure the lads up to the standard, i know there was high hopes for him but not premier league quality

cadete wrote: »
    In fairness im not sure the lads up to the standard, i know there was high hopes for him but not premier league quality

He's probably not much worst than Marveaux/Anita and Jonas.

We need cover, the squat was far to thin last year. Clearly Ashley and Co think that we were overstocked due to the Europa league last year.... Be prepared for other departures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Honestly, he could've done a job this season. I'd like to have seen him in Cabaye's position if he does indeed leave.

Why League 1 level though? Surely Championship is the level he should be playing at. Ridiculous.

I agree he should be playing at a higher than league 1, especially when he was playing with Cardiff a couple of seasons ago. But still, I'd rather see him playing league 1 than with the u21's.

I don't think Pardew would have used him, considering he refuses to use Anita as it is.

• Advertisement

he is only 21 remember!

I wouldn't really have cared that much about Vuckic going on loan but because we've not replenished the squad with new faces, it's a bigger deal than what it probably should be.

Knowing Pardew he'd end up sticking Vuckic at right back or something equally stupid.

He must the biggest proponent of 'Square pegs in round holes' I have ever seen.

So with Debuchy clearly not applying himself and Tavernier injured with a broken foot what the hell do we do for RB?

Santon?

What happens if Dummett gets injured at LB? Jonas?

Jesus.

*bangs head off desk*

I missed when I really didn't give a fúck about transfers and the likes but this is just taking the piss.

EDIT: Forgot about Haidaira.

in fairness anita was the only good thing we had around xmas last year i thought he was goin really well, and marv playin advanced midfield(not left wing) done well a few times last year aswell
    I dunno where bigi has gone either, great wee player

in fairness anita was the only good thing we had around xmas last year i thought he was goin really well, and marv playin advanced midfield(not left wing) done well a few times last year aswell
    I dunno where bigi has gone either, great wee player

The Pardew effect... Sissoko/Debuchy and Haidara all looked like world beaters when they arrived. 5/6 training sessions knocked that out of them though!

Cabaye's replacement rumored to be Yoann Gourcuff. Dumb and dumber allegedly in Lyon last night watching him play...

All sounds fine until you ask why are we only looking at players now. Surely if we were even remotely interested in the player before yesterday we would have more than enough information on the lad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

why the obsession with french players!!

Also PSG have expressed an interest in Cabaye, bidding war would be nice....

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    why the obsession with french players!!

They are cheap.... thats it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement