Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

slingerz wrote: »
    why the obsession with french players!!

Ashley probably has a stake in FCUK products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

That_Guy wrote: »
    And Kinnear has been saying that he'll have 3 players in before Saturday.

Sky Bet have Kinnear at 13/2 to sign ANY player of note....

Maybe I've read this wrong, but can you link me that market?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Heavily linked with Tom Ince I see.

That'd be a step in the right direction until Pardew starts playing him in goal.

Football365: Quite a few of my Arsenal pals are getting warm to the idea of Wenger being sacked. If this does happen, then Alan Pardew will be the longest serving manager at all the Prem clubs.

Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Heavily linked with Tom Ince I see.

That'd be a step in the right direction until Pardew starts playing him in goal.

He's overrated and overpriced beyond belief. Typical of the market for buying British players.

• Advertisement

Doocey wrote: »
    Maybe I've read this wrong, but can you link me that market?

I read it wrong too. Turns it out it was a parody account. That's what happens when you glance briefly at something.

Paully D wrote: »
    He's overrated and overpriced beyond belief. Typical of the market for buying British players.

Shouldn't you be on the phone to JFK bigging him up if thats the case?

I've always liked the look of him, scores quite a few goals too.

Tom Ince is better than Jonas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Shouldn't you be on the phone to JFK bigging him up if thats the case?

I've always liked the look of him, scores quite a few goals too.

I can imagine Kinnear announcing him as Dom Mince or something similar :pac:

I've never really seen what all the hype is about to be honest, even less so at the reported prices. You could, and have in the past, bought better from abroad for half the price.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Tom Ince is better than Jonas.

So am I!

I've never really seen what all the hype is about to be honest, even less so at the reported prices. You could, and have in the past, bought better from abroad for half the price.

Greizemann 12 months ago :(

Not a prayer now.

• Advertisement

I can imagine Kinnear announcing him as Dom Mince or something similar :pac:

So am I!

NUFC have never considered such an option during the Ashley regime! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Sinclair to West Brom I see, another one bites the dust.

So JFK said we'd have 3 players in by Saturday?

Friday now, and not even a hint of one player coming in.

I am truly stunned by this development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

So JFK said we'd have 3 players in by Saturday?

Friday now, and not even a hint of one player coming in.

I am truly stunned by this development.

Dont worry! Plenty of time yet!

Our much vaunted, overstocked midfield should be hilarious to watch at the weekend. Cabaye, tiote and Jonas out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

M5 wrote: »
    Dont worry! Plenty of time yet!

Our much vaunted, overstocked midfield should be hilarious to watch at the weekend. Cabaye, tiote and Jonas out

What's the story with Cabaye ? Still not in a fit mind to play ?

greendom wrote: »
    What's the story with Cabaye ? Still not in a fit mind to play ?

Wouldnt be able to sell the chap if he got injured

Pardew admints the defense will pick itself at the weekend....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/defence-pick-itself-against-west-5775508?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

whats new there? The midfield and forward line will also pick it self. There are no other options, much the same as last year we are woefully under manned in all areas

“You like to think they’re in the same bracket as us."

With all due respect to West Ham, this right here shows you where Ashley and Pardew have taken us.

Truly depressing.

With all due respect to West Ham, this right here shows you where Ashley and Pardew have taken us.

Truly depressing.

TBH i think he's slightly over confident there, he basically says WHU wont get relegated and that we are in the same "bracket". There is a very real risk we could go down, the morale is clearly rock bottom. It blatantly obvious on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Truly depressing.

It wasn't long ago he was saying that we were in a different league to the likes of Everton!!!

• Advertisement

TaosHum wrote: »
    It wasn't long ago he was saying that we were in a different league to the likes of Everton!!!

He'll be right come May 2014.

Word is that wor Shola starts tomorrow.

Still think we'll have too much for them.

2-0 is my prediction. Fancy Gouffran to sneak on.

What about you lads?

What about you lads?

Early goal would be massive. Even after 1 game, there seems to be pressure on the players to perform. An early goal would go along way to settling things down a bit.

If West Ham get it, then I don't see us coming back. Fans will begin to turn on the players and management. Also, this group of players don't seem to be the strongest mentally. Once something goes against them, they don't tend to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

What about you lads?
    I'm expecting a cagey game,perhaps a little defensive from us so as not to leave gaps at the back. I'd like to see Marveaux and Anita get a start tomorrow and for Marveaux to get a central role. My prediction is a boring 0-0 and last place on Match of the Day!

Also,why the hell did we ever sell Kevin Nolan? One of the many terrible mistakes under this shambolic regime.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Early goal would be massive. Even after 1 game, there seems to be pressure on the players to perform. An early goal would go along way to settling things down a bit.

If West Ham get it, then I don't see us coming back. Fans will begin to turn on the players and management. Also, this group of players don't seem to be the strongest mentally. Once something goes against them, they don't tend to respond.

Agreed. Very annoying to watch/disheartening.

Also agree with Seannew1 - Marveaux should get far more playing time than he does. He changed games for us last season: picked Cissé out with an exquisite ball against stoke City in the last minute then he delivered an absolute peach onto Cissé's head for our last minute winner against Anzhi.

Sooner or alter Marveaux will get fed up of being benched, I just hope he is given a chance to shine soon. Tomorrow could be the type of game where he comes on and one piece of vision difference between us getting a result or not.

Anita has to play as well, technically superior to most players in our squad tbh.

I can't see Marveaux getting a central role in a 4-4-2, which looks to be what we will be going with if Ameobi is starting. Can see Anita and Sissoko in the middle, with HBA and Marv on the wings.

Don't be surprised to see Obertan getting in ahead of Marveaux either.

0-1 or 1-1. ****e either way.

0-1 or 1-1. ****e either way.

Nothing like a bit of optimism for the second game of a new campaign :pac:

In other news, Gomis looking to run down contract at Lyon and has refused a new deal - cannot help but laugh at that, particularly Jean-Michel Aulas and his demented transfer tactics.

More than likely NUFC will try a lesser bid and hope to agree something, but the running down of the contract would suggest he's eyeing a move to Marseille.

Be surprised if we're completely finished with him yet though!

• Advertisement

Krul. Debuchy, Colo, Yanga, Santon, Ben Arfa, Anita, Sissoko, Marveuax, Shola, Cisse

Watching on French TV, hilariously the program is actually titled "match of ze day"

WHU 2:0 for me, Goal within the first 10 mins. Our MF will be bullied by theirs

43% of games won with Cabaye, 23 without

More of the same do far, porous defence, direction-less attack, static players and too much time needed to make the simplest pass.

Plan seems to be get HBA to shoot on sight

As was the way last year, the way to stop NUFC is simply close them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

****ing hell, we are seriously ****e!

• Advertisement

****ing hell, we are seriously ****e!

A simple long ball into the box has a 80% success rate against us.... 3 occasions already today where a long ball has ended up with 2 or more unmarked WHU players in our 6 yard box with only the keeper to beat. Happened countless times against city too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Painful viewing. Can't see where we're gonna get goals from at all this season.

Another big chance for WHU while "where's the signings Joe Kinnear" rings round SJP.

A simple long ball into the box has a 80% success rate against us.... 3 occasions already today where a long ball has ended up with 2 or more unmarked WHU players in our 6 yard box with only the keeper to beat. Happened countless times against city too

Just feels like I'm watching game 40 of last season. Nothing has changed. Not sure why I thought it would have mind you. Depressing when you look at how the likes of Villa have started the season.

Just feels like I'm watching game 40 of last season. Nothing has changed. Not sure why I thought it would have mind you. Depressing when you look at how the likes of Villa have started the season.

Yup, same manager, same players, same garbage "tactics" and i'm sure, the same half time teamtalk

• Advertisement

on the plus side, HBA is playing well and looks up for it

Anyone spot why that was a free out from our corner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

on the plus side, HBA is playing well and looks up for it

Think it's more a case of '' You boys really are shíte, I'll do it myself''.

Duff wrote: »
    Think it's more a case of '' You boys really are shíte, I'll do it myself''.

that better than these are ****e and I cant be arsed

Ben Arfa's commitment has been excellent in the last two games, but he needs to calm down a bit and use his head. Some poor decision making today. Ben Arfa and Remy linking up could be interesting.

Shots: 9

On Target: 0

Quality :pac:

another long shot... another pardew masterstroke

The course of this game is playing right into West Ham's hands,this is what they want. Crowd will seriously turn on players if we don't score quick,which is looking unlikely!

we have been much better since the break

anita must be under instructions to hang back... cisse havin a mare

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement