Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Another chance squandered by WHU, we are yet to have one to squander...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Can't see anything else but a West Ham here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's like last season never ended.

Surprised he hast taken off HAB tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Shots: 9 13

On Target: 0

Quality :pac:

This is dire.

Team is setup to not loose now, no forward intent whatsoever. No players being committed forward. Queue the WHU goal

Thats the first time we have gotten behind WHU. And thats a sub in the 69th min. dire

Cisse was a waste of a shirt today

• Advertisement

Cisse's been ****, but no way I'd take him off with his record of late goals.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Cisse's been ****, but no way I'd take him off with his record of late goals.

He's useless in the air but we insist on lumping the ball to him

Crossing has been as dire as always.

Thats a free how exactly?

TaosHum wrote: »
    Crossing has been as dire as always.

Thats been our second from inside the 18 yard line, Pathetic.

Whats the point of playing 442 if we have no width, no overlapping, no crosses?

How depressing it is watching a home game against a very average side but knowing full well that the best you can hope for is a nil nil

• Advertisement

FFS gouffran!!!

14 shots
    0 on target

Ameobi, waste of space

This puts the man city game in perspective. Any of the top 5/6 would have put 4 past us today too. A little more composure from west ham and they would have won too

thats just unprofessional. Offside from a returned throw in....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

If there's not drastic changes very soon, we're finishing bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Duff wrote: »
    If there's not drastic changes very soon, we're finishing bottom.

Dunno about that. This looks like two mid table sides - although West Ham look like a side getting better but Newcastle don't.

Gouffran has added something since coming on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

How?!

miss of the season already... How did he miss?

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

ambid wrote: »
    Dunno about that. This looks like two mid table sides - although West Ham look like a side getting better but Newcastle don't.

Ah crap where's the delete button...? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

That's a very good contender for miss of the season by Gouffran lol shocking miss

ambid wrote: »

No shots on target
    at home
    to West Ham...

Thats worrying if your planning on staying in the division

Its also much much more than this game, its been the obvious continuation from last season thats a clear indicator of a struggle ahead

Unwatchable garbage.

That's why you leave Cisse on the pitch.

15 Shots 0 on Target. Deserved nothing. Pure ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Judge us after the West Ham game Pardew said?? Absolutely sh*** is the verdict.

Meh, draw arguably the fair result,although West Ham created the better chances.

One of the very few positives for me was Anita. Only player we had actually looking to collect the ball and distribute quickly. No ****ing about with it, he just gets it and gives it. How Tiote manages to start ahead of him is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

16 shots, 0 on target. Utterly pathetic. Created fúck all. How Shola got the full game I'll never know. He was dreadful and offered nothing. For the most part he was just hovering around at the edge of the box.

Cisse was shíte. I'd have liked to have seen Vuckic come on in his place and offer us something differently. He probably would've given more effort.

Yeah, we didn't lose but when you have so many chances to win the game and can't put anything away then that's when it gets very frustrating.

Pardew of course will probably see this as a victory and will probably mention something about "if Cabaye was here..." blah blah blah.

Frustrating performance and ran out of ideas pretty quickly.

Positives... I don't really know. Clean sheet I guess and I thought Mbiwa looked good. His positioning was decent. Anita wasn't too bad. He offers a bit more than Tiote and should start the game ahead of him in future.

Seems to be different numbers of shots going round, but either way, this says it all:

Statisticians Opta: 14 – Newcastle had 14 shots off target without any on target today, something no other Premier League team has done in the past eight seasons. Wayward.

should be really be surprised that the club cant get the ball "over the line"

When you look at the the company we keep on this list it would depress ya the ****e we have to watch these days. We are going to likely need a Cabaye replacement and a new striker as a minimum. Can't see it happening.

Apparently Cabaye refused to play. :(

That_Guy wrote: »
    Apparently Cabaye refused to play. :(

Amazing from a player who admitted his form last year cost us dearly. Clearly feels no need to try to make up for his shortcomings!

When you look at the the company we keep on this list it would depress ya the ****e we have to watch these days. We are going to likely need a Cabaye replacement and a new striker as a minimum. Can't see it happening.

Vomit educing

• Advertisement

"We had to dig-in after Man City and show resilience. Defensively we couldn't have put in a better performance."

We could easily have conceded a couple today, what planet is he on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

M5 wrote: »
    "We had to dig-in after Man City and show resilience. Defensively we couldn't have put in a better performance."

We could easily have conceded a couple today, what planet is he on?

I appreciate that to us fans that is infuriating but ...

what's the alternative ... slate every player that was out there today? If morale is low already, that would just sink it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

After watching that today its quite clear we are now a one trick pony. Give the ball to Ben Arfa and either try walk it into the goal or take a shot from outside the box. We'll be lucky to stay in the division with tactics like this regardless of what bodies we get in between now and transfer deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Only positive of the day for me was Vurnon Anita, best player on the park by a country mile.

With that considered, expect be dropped to be the bench and perhaps start his next game in 2014!

Doocey wrote: »
    Only positive of the day for me was Vurnon Anita, best player on the park by a country mile.

With that considered, expect be dropped to be the bench and perhaps start his next game in 2014!

Doocey with only ONE positive!!!

You've changed man, you've changed.

Welcome to the doom and gloom my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

BScSoYjCYAAFADO.jpg

Banner was removed during game by stewards. Story here

• Advertisement

That banner made me cringe. Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I know, I know, it's The Mirror but we can all dream no?!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/crystal-palace-news-ian-holloway-2218241?

That_Guy wrote: »
    That banner made me cringe. Jaysus.

Can't argue with the sentiment though.

And bonus points for covering up a W***a advertisement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Was at the game yesterday, was in Newcastle for a stag and popped along, disappointed with the renowned st James's atmosphere especially considering it was the first home game of the season, plenty empty seats too.
    Match itself was awful, santon was good I thought and the wee fella in midfield Anita is it? Had a tidy game, who was MOTM by the way?

One more thing Sammy Ameobi is an awful, awful player.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Was at the game yesterday, was in Newcastle for a stag and popped along, disappointed with the renowned st James's atmosphere especially considering it was the first home game of the season, plenty empty seats too.
    Match itself was awful, santon was good I thought and the wee fella in midfield Anita is it? Had a tidy game, who was MOTM by the way?

One more thing Sammy Ameobi is an awful, awful player.

Have a read through the thread and you'll understand why there are empty seats and a lack of atmosphere... Sounds like you should have done that before you left

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement