Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Completely understand the lack of atmosphere though, also noted a lot of arguing amongst the players especially the midfield and frontmen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Today puts the result on Monday into perspective. Although being dominated Cardiff actually having a fcuking go unlike our shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'd say they mentioned us about a million times during that game today. Fúcking obsessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Playing City at theirs, and playing City at yer home gaff is a completely different scenario.

Saying that, take nothing away from Cardiff, fair play to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Doocey wrote: »
    Playing City at theirs, and playing City at yer home gaff is a completely different scenario.

Saying that, take nothing away from Cardiff, fair play to them!

They would of battered us 4 - 0 at SJP as well. That's clear from yesterdays performance. When's the last time we played well? I'm not even confident of us beating Morecambe on Wednesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Be warned, may cause severe depression. From .com
    JFK interviewed by the Mirror newspaper, Sunday:

"I don’t understand where the negativity has come from – we are two games into a 38-game season and already the doom-and-gloom merchants are looking for a scapegoat.

Dunno where you were last season Joe, but a run of poor performances and results left us in danger of relegation until the penultimate game. We also sold our top scorer midway through the season and didn't replace him.

Since then, the squad has been weakened by the removal of three first team players - Steve Harper, Danny Simpson and James Perch - and no new permanent replacements.
    After two games, it's evident nothing has changed.

Quite how insulting people's intelligence by spouting tripe like this is going to lessen the negativity is beyond us.

"Alan Pardew has signed 16 players costing £60m in the last two years, Newcastle United’s wage bill is now comfortably in the top 10 in the country, and he will continue to get all the support the club can reasonably provide.

In a word, rubbish.

"Last week we flew to Nice, and we were met by a private helicopter transfer to Mike Ashley’s yacht off St Tropez, and we spent seven hours thrashing out every idea, and how we plan to take the club forward.

A jolly boys outing after the season had started and a fortnight before the transfer window closes. You've been in post since June, why has it taken you until August to thrash out every idea? you might have caught the plane, but it looks like you've missed the boat....

"I listened to every word Alan and the owner had to say – along with chief scout Graham Carr, who was also there – and we talked about the next stage for Newcastle United and where we wanted to go.

"Before the season started, we had sat down and agreed the squad was big enough, and strong enough, to finish in the top half of the table. But we are working together – not plotting against each other.

So if the squad was big enough and strong enough, what was your remit apart from getting the drinks in? Sell players presumably?

Whoever "we" is who agreed, it certainly doesn't include Alan Pardew, who has frequently gone on the record to call for recruitment to boost his squad both before and after your appointment.

"There seems to be a perception, from outside the club, that we are at loggerheads, but I don’t know why people are jumping on the bandwagon because it is a false picture.

"I sanctioned the one-year loan deal for Loic Remy, and if it goes pear-shaped I will take responsibility for it.

“But if he scores goals and does well for us, Alan will be happy with our end of the deal; the player will be happy because he will come into contention for a World Cup place with France; and if both those things happen, Remy will go back to QPR as a World Cup player with a higher value than when he joined them, so everyone will come out of it well.

On the radio interview in June when he announced his return to NUFC and mispronounced names:

"That gave people a stick to beat me with, but my ­intentions for the club are impeccable and we are working incredibly hard – together – to try and deliver good results on the pitch.”

Asked if he's at Newcastle to take Pardew's job:

"There’s no chance of that ever happening - I’m here to work with Alan Pardew, not against him.

"If something bad does happen, and Mike Ashley decides on changing (managers), my job would be to go out and find a replacement and be involved in the interview process.

"But we’re not thinking in those terms. It’s miles too early to talk about that because we’re trying to build a good, solid side here who can compete in the top half of the Premier League.

"Alan Pardew is a decent guy and a decent coach who has taken this club into Europe once already and it’s my job to help him succeed.

“I don’t pick the team, I don’t coach the players, I don’t deal with them on a day-to-day basis. If I am asked, I might suggest how we can tweak things a bit here or tweak things a bit there.

“If Alan wants a striker, I might suggest one or two names, but I don’t do things behind his back. I’ve never been to a meeting where he hasn’t been present.”

If? You mean you don't know he wants one? FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

“But if he scores goals and does well for us, Alan will be happy with our end of the deal; the player will be happy because he will come into contention for a World Cup place with France; and if both those things happen, Remy will go back to QPR as a World Cup player with a higher value than when he joined them, so everyone will come out of it well.

Soooooooooooo, irregardless of how Remy plays, he will be returning to QPR. There's no option to sign him?

TaosHum wrote: »
    Soooooooooooo, irregardless of how Remy plays, he will be returning to QPR. There's no option to sign him?

That would involve the spending of money. Something that clearly we won't do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

TaosHum wrote: »

Plus QPR will be back in the premier league with and experienced young french striker. Win, Win for them.

sigh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Interesting article dispelling the myth that Pardew has spent £60m in the last two years on transfers. http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/joe-kinnear-loses-8m/

"The latest outpourings from Joe Kinnear are the usual mixture of waffle, half-truths, muddying the waters and blaming everybody else.

One things that JFK obviously wanted to make a point of with regard to transfer dealings was the following;
    ‘Alan Pardew has signed 16 players costing £60m in the last two years’

Of course this is a message that he will have been told to get out on behalf of the owner, in other words – look how much Alan Pardew has wasted and he/they are still crying out for more.

As well as being told to get the message out there on behalf of Ashley, Kinnear hasn’t plucked that £60m figure out of the air but had naturally been fed that as well.

For the record these are the incoming transfers under Alan Pardew in the last 2 years, how much say the manager actually had in terms of who came in, is of course a whole different matter. (The figures come courtesy of www.transfermarkt.co.uk who historically are really spot on with their info)

£7,480,000 Anita
    £7,040,000 Mapou
    £2,200,000 Haidara
    £2,200,000 Sissoko
    £1,760,000 Gouffran
    £1,100,000 Bigirimana
    £5,456,000 Debuchy
    £453,200 Good
    £880,000 Mbabu
    £10,560,000 Cisse
    £4,972,000 Santon
    £4,400,000 Cabaye
    £2,992,000 Obertan
    £101,200 Elliot

So the actual spend on transfers in the last two years is £51,594,400

Not an insignificant amount of course but over £8m wide of the mark.

Interestingly, if you add the previous year’s player trading you get the following

Expenditure On Players
    £11,616,000 2010/11
    £23,025,200 2011/12
    £28,569,200 2012/13
    A Total Of £63,210,400

Income On Player Sales
    £36,740,000 2010/11
    £14,115,200 2011/12
    £13,024,000 2012/13
    A Total Of £63,879,200

In other words, all the signings of the Pardew era have more than paid for themselves, remembering as well that this was a club that was ‘rebuilding’ from relegation to the Championship."

Its pretty obvious whats going on at the club. Its looking like we are destined to flirt with relegation over the coming years due to a mixture of lack of ambition and investment.

Depressing

Salmon wrote: »
    Interesting article dispelling the myth that Pardew has spent £60m in the last two years on transfers. http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/joe-kinnear-loses-8m/

"The latest outpourings from Joe Kinnear are the usual mixture of waffle, half-truths, muddying the waters and blaming everybody else.

One things that JFK obviously wanted to make a point of with regard to transfer dealings was the following;

Of course this is a message that he will have been told to get out on behalf of the owner, in other words – look how much Alan Pardew has wasted and he/they are still crying out for more.

As well as being told to get the message out there on behalf of Ashley, Kinnear hasn’t plucked that £60m figure out of the air but had naturally been fed that as well.

For the record these are the incoming transfers under Alan Pardew in the last 2 years, how much say the manager actually had in terms of who came in, is of course a whole different matter. (The figures come courtesy of www.transfermarkt.co.uk who historically are really spot on with their info)

£7,480,000 Anita
    £7,040,000 Mapou
    £2,200,000 Haidara
    £2,200,000 Sissoko
    £1,760,000 Gouffran
    £1,100,000 Bigirimana
    £5,456,000 Debuchy
    £453,200 Good
    £880,000 Mbabu
    £10,560,000 Cisse
    £4,972,000 Santon
    £4,400,000 Cabaye
    £2,992,000 Obertan
    £101,200 Elliot

Interestingly, if you add the previous year’s player trading you get the following

Expenditure On Players
    £11,616,000 2010/11
    £23,025,200 2011/12
    £28,569,200 2012/13
    A Total Of £63,210,400

Income On Player Sales
    £36,740,000 2010/11
    £14,115,200 2011/12
    £13,024,000 2012/13
    A Total Of £63,879,200

In other words, all the signings of the Pardew era have more than paid for themselves, remembering as well that this was a club that was ‘rebuilding’ from relegation to the Championship."

Its pretty obvious whats going on at the club. Its looking like we are destined to flirt with relegation over the coming years due to a mixture of lack of ambition and investment.

Depressing

Quite simply Ashley will get his money back and sod off. He has taken 10-20 million out of the club in each of the last 3 years. Should be much more this year. So long as we maintain our PL place the club will retain its current value. At this rate he should break even in 3/4 years, unless someone wants to pay off Ashleys debt AND pay the going rate for the club we are stuck

Hopefully the extra TV revenues being paid from this year onwards will speed up the process and we can get rid of the current owners. Have vowed not to travel to another game until he's gone, might have to wait a while longer!

Hopefully the extra TV revenues being paid from s year onwards will speed up the process and we can get rid of the current owners. Have vowed not to travel to another game until he's gone, might have to wait a while longer!

support the team, not the regime....
    i hear where your coming from though, it pains me to go to lr even watch them on tv at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

M5 wrote: »
    i hear where your coming from though, it pains me to go to lr even watch them on tv at this stage

No way in hell will I be forking out to head over to a match this year to watch that muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

£7,480,000 Anita
    £7,040,000 Mapou
    £2,200,000 Haidara
    £2,200,000 Sissoko
    £1,760,000 Gouffran
    £1,100,000 Bigirimana
    £5,456,000 Debuchy
    £453,200 Good
    £880,000 Mbabu
    £10,560,000 Cisse
    £4,972,000 Santon
    £4,400,000 Cabaye
    £2,992,000 Obertan
    £101,200 Elliot

Expenditure On Players
    £11,616,000 2010/11
    £23,025,200 2011/12
    £28,569,200 2012/13
    A Total Of £63,210,400

Income On Player Sales
    £36,740,000 2010/11
    £14,115,200 2011/12
    £13,024,000 2012/13
    A Total Of £63,879,200

Depressing

Some of those transfer figures seem a little off.

According to Wikipedia (I know dreadful source) it says Anita cost £6.7m and Cisse £9m.

Cabaye's release clause I thought was £5m?

M5 wrote: »

I'm boycotting them completely tbh. Almost tempted to pack it in totally.

When it becomes a chore it's time to walk away.

Why is Kinnear allowed to still give these bloody interviews? He's embarrassing himself and more importantly the club.

I will support the team of course but it's one set back after another off the field. Ashley has us on an even footing and that's commendable. Whenever he seems to be taking a step forward, he does something ludicrous and we take 3 steps back. Does he do it on purpose? Was he scared that when we got into Europe that the team wouldn't be able to replicate the success of the previous season and in turn cost him more on signings than he would possibly make back?

What is his long term ambition for the club? He's been here 5 years or so. Is he looking to maximise the Newcastle brand and make it more lucrative to buyers in a few years? Young players with big potential, low enough wages and a big fan base with zero debt makes the club more attractive to buy than it ever has been really.

The club is seriously lacking a public relations officer to delegate with fans and explain why things are being done and what benefit these decisions will have on the club. Fans are annoyed and rightly so.

Ashley apologists are keen to say that we spent in January. We spent in January because we didn't spend last summer either and failed miserably down to injured/suspended players and crap tactics with fringe players who simply can't yet cut it in the first team.

Yes, we all want to see young players come through but not to essentially carry the team.

It's frustrating as hell and Ashley doesn't seem to share the ambition that a lot of fans have. I don't necessarily want us to splash over huge amounts of money for players. We've spent smartly in the past and I believe we will again but it's too late in the window now and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't spend anything at all come deadline day next week.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Why is Kinnear allowed to still give these bloody interviews? He's embarrassing himself and more importantly the club.

I will support the team of course but it's one set back after another off the field. Ashley has us on an even footing and that's commendable. Whenever he seems to be taking a step forward, he does something ludicrous and we take 3 steps back. Does he do it on purpose? Was he scared that when we got into Europe that the team wouldn't be able to replicate the success of the previous season and in turn cost him more on signings than he would possibly make back?

What is his long term ambition for the club? He's been here 5 years or so. Is he looking to maximise the Newcastle brand and make it more lucrative to buyers in a few years? Young players with big potential, low enough wages and a big fan base with zero debt makes the club more attractive to buy than it ever has been really.

The club is seriously lacking a public relations officer to delegate with fans and explain why things are being done and what benefit these decisions will have on the club. Fans are annoyed and rightly so.

Ashley apologists are keen to say that we spent in January. We spent in January because we didn't spend last summer either and failed miserably down to injured/suspended players and crap tactics with fringe players who simply can't yet cut it in the first team.

Yes, we all want to see young players come through but not to essentially carry the team.

It's frustrating as hell and Ashley doesn't seem to share the ambition that a lot of fans have. I don't necessarily want us to splash over huge amounts of money for players. We've spent smartly in the past and I believe we will again but it's too late in the window now and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't spend anything at all come deadline day next week.

Nail on the head there sir, well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Can anyone explain to me why Joe Kinnear is at the club in the first place? He should be in a ****ing mental asylum, he's turning Newcastle into even more of a laughing stock than it already is. I hated Ashley before, and I hate him now, nothing has changed and it won't until he's gone.

Heard rumours on the radio that we might be looking at James McCarthy. Would be a good addition but I don't think he's anywhere near worth the rumoured 15 million evaluation.

That would be our Cabaye replacement. I rate him so i'd be happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Wouldn't hold my breath on McCarthy, Newcastle would never pay the fee quoted, they might cough up half at most and Everton would have a far better chance of getting him than us. Cabaye looks as good as gone now....

Demba Ba loan signing mooted, JFK Obviously has no money to spend or our business would be wrapped up by now. Be must be on the D List of transfer targets by now. McCarthy is no Cabaye and physically very weak, can pass but thats about it. Sick of this club going backwards where the likes of Cardiff, Southampton spending big money on players. Since when did we become a small club??? Ashley is ruining us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Vucknic, Biggi, Sammy and Dummett in from the start tonight is what i'm seeing online.
    Can't stand the transfer windows, bring back the old system i'd say.
    Can't believe Campbell has gone on loan after all Pards was saying about it being a bit season for him at the club!

Think Campbell is only gone for a month.

this is our strength in depth....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

barely hanging on as usual :(

SPend some Fcuking money, You fat cockney B*stard get out of our club, where the signings Joe Kinnear all clearly audible...

this is a farce

• Advertisement

38 mins and we are just starting to get into the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

IF loosing today meant the end of Pardew ... would loosing be so bad?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    IF loosing today meant the end of Pardew ... would loosing be so bad?

it wont mean the end of anything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

well then I'd rather not loose .... but if pardew were to get sacked I'd take a loss

Not watching. Sounds like its every bit as grim as watching this team has become.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    well then I'd rather not loose .... but if pardew were to get sacked I'd take a loss

the likely replacement scares the sh1t out of me

This is dross. Morecambe should be 2 up at least. Our defence has been pretty bad but special mention goes to Debuchy who has gone to absolute pieces lately. Seriously needs to be dropped for Saturday. He'll cost us dearly against a better team in Fulham I feel.

Everything else has been laboured and flat. Vuckic has been very poor as have most of them in fairness.

Worrying really as if we don't make new signings, these are the players we'll be relying on. Gosling/Elliot have been good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

pardew said in pre match interview he hoped he wouldnt have to dip onto his bench for more experience, cue half time starts up with shola ameobi coming on..

What is up with mym?

And we are back to long fcuking ball

• Advertisement

Solid

Scoreline will say 2-0 but we scraped through that. Such a disjointed performance. Serious rot.

Two deflections go our way, thats about it for that game. We could be out except for a couple of goal-line clearances....

at home to Leeds in the next round

HOME.... YES HOME to Leeds. Should be a good 'un. My aul lad supports Leeds. Haven't been able to watch those two go head to head for quite some time.

That_Guy wrote: »
    HOME.... YES HOME to Leeds. Should be a good 'un. My aul lad supports Leeds. Haven't been able to watch those two go head to head for quite some time.

whatever you do dont be overconfident, the higher you are the higher you'll fall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wish it was on a week earlier, would've tried to over. One of my best mates is a Toon fan, it'd be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

There is something seriously wrong with this team, I don't remember the last time we seriously dominated a game and played a simple passing game,3-1 win over West Brom March 2012 perhaps?? it's such a worrying characteristic of our team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

whatever you do dont be overconfident, the higher you are the higher you'll fall!

This could be the match of no confidence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Tidy finish by Sammy, really impressed me tonight. I don't rate the guy but thought he looked bright at West Ham and then he bossed it tonight so my hopes have upped for him.

Other than that, a fairly poor performance, though we improved a little in the second half and Morecambe didn't threaten too much in the second 45.

Hopefully it'll be a positive for our mentality, even if the game wasn't so inspiring in itself. I like Yanga tbh, but he was worryingly poor tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement