Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Baffling quote from Pardew “I think it’s fair to say that if we can keep hold of Yohan and add someone else it will have been a fairly successful window for us". What planet is this man on?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Doocey wrote: »
    Interesting stat from the Premier League so far: NUFC have played the fewest long balls in the EPL thus far

:)

Yeah we've played more on the ground alright but we really, really lack a cutting edge. Maybe Remy and bringing someone else in will help with that.

Remy showed enough in 20 minutes to suggest he could do very well for us. Pacy, strong and he seems to move all over the place and drag defenders out of position. Like the look of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

James Pearce ‏@Pearcesport 1h
    I'm told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: "25 million a lot for a reserve"

Say what you like about Mike Ashley, but that was superb. Probably explains why Cabaye actually bothered to play on Saturday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Thauvin passed medical with Marseille, despite interest from NUFC, LFC and AFC he has always stated he wanted to play there and nowhere else. Strange one, must be a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

So I'm seeing no iota of chatter of us bringing in anyone? not surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Paully D wrote: »
    James Pearce ‏@Pearcesport 1h
    I'm told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: "25 million a lot for a reserve"

Say what you like about Mike Ashley, but that was superb. Probably explains why Cabaye actually bothered to play on Saturday too.

Be very surprised if true, and sure if it was Arsene or agent could easily sell it off as Arsenal saying what ever it takes to get the right price.

The whole Cabeye offer was a strange one, unless that is they follow up today.

Jonathan Bond being linked

a GK from Watford

Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Is anyone really surprised by the lack of activity? The clubs ambition (I use that world loosely) was always to try and keep Cabaye today. Anything else would've been a bonus. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Duff wrote: »
    Is anyone really surprised by the lack of activity? The clubs ambition (I use that world loosely) was always to try and keep Cabaye today. Anything else would've been a bonus. Pathetic.

At least you haven't sold one of your best players to a direct rival. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Paully D wrote: »
    At least you haven't sold one of your best players to a direct rival. :mad:
    Who? Segnesson? To be honest, I've a funny feeling Man United are going to throw a bid in for Cabaye before the deadline,not that they're our rivals or anything!

Duff wrote: »

Pardew has been hawking him since the window opened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

It's 4pm so only another 6 hours to wait before we put in a bid for nZogbia or should I say nSomnia

bazual wrote: »
    It's 4pm so only another 6 hours to wait before we put in a bid for nZogbia or should I say nSomnia

Probably offer Madrid 35 million for Bale and then say we tried but just failed to get him over the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

We're signing nobody lads.

Cabaye staying according to SSN

Soon to be proclaimed by Pardew 'It's like a new signing'.

M5 wrote: »

Goosebumps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Another joke of a season for us :-( unless they splash out in Jan we're definitely relegated

JFK and Ashley have a lot to answer for.

Piss takers don't even begin to describe them.

Feel sorry for Pardew tbh, wouldn't be surprised if he walks but I question whether he has the spine for that tbh.

"Judge me on my signings" - Kinnear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Suppose JFK didn't know any of the players that we were looking at, so he wouldn't sanction the deals ... OR ... they thought Transfer Deadline Day is tomorrow :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Disaster of a window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Are we the only premier league club to go through the summer transfer window not to spend money on a permanent signing :( ?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Are we the only premier league club to go through the summer transfer window not to spend money on a permanent signing :( ?

Rock bottom on the spendings table. Not surprised at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Does Joe kinnear claim a wage? If so he's a thief

So frustrating to see us being left behind in the spending. We should've built on the Europa League qualification last season but instead we've had to rush signings in January because of our league position. We'll be doing the same again in January. We'll do fúck all next summer too and it'll be a vicious cycle. Floundering in below mid-table for ages until Ashley sells up.

Pathetic.

Serious questions have to be asked of Kinnear. What is his role? What is he responsible for? He's a fúcking mouth piece and an arrogant prick to boot. Making an absolute mockery out of the club and himself.

Yes we've kept Cabaye but we've let Simpson, Perch and Harper go with no adequate replacements.

Pardew should walk but I fear Kinnear will be given another stint as manager if he does.

Trying my patience really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Kinnear -
    “I'm head and shoulders above every other director of football”
    “What I’m saying is that I’ve got my finger in the pie halfway around the world.”
    "whether that’s adding meat or beef to the team, or pace in wide areas, or someone who can guarantee us 20 goals a season, I will buy those players.”
    "I will help out Alan Pardew in every possible way that I can."
    “So they say I haven’t had any experience in buying and selling players – sure I have. I bought Dean Holdsworth for 50 grand [actual figure: £650,000].”
    I can pick the phone up at any time of the day and speak to Arsène Wenger, any manager in the league. In all the divisions.”

^ Well why didn't you call some of them and arrange few signings then :rolleyes:

JFK, in you we trust

It's KK vs Wise again. Any and all our players are available if the right bid comes in, and players in positions our manager deemed were required, were not brought in and very little attempt to bring them in was made it seems.

So it's simply a question of whether Pardew walks or Kinnear is lynched from the Tyne Bridge first.

JFK is either grossly incompetent, a patsy or a mouthpiece for Ashley. All options plausible. We can rule out the first if he is not sacked this week.

Mark my words, as soon as the no interest loan (to pay the bills caused by Ashley negligence) is paid back, Ashley will sell up!

I wonder how much damage can be done by then? The only way this can get worse is if we are playing in candystripes in the Tampax arena

• Advertisement

It was all so predictable yet i'm still absolutely irate.

Pardew Statment on Transfer window
    "We are delighted to have brought Loic Remy to the club in this window and we believe he will form an exciting and effective partnership with Papiss Cisse.

"Joe has worked hard on numerous targets, particularly an additional offensive player. However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already had and there is no point bringing in new players unless they can improve us and take us forward.

"We did the majority of our business in the January window, signing five excellent first team players.

"With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind."

Early in the transfer we bandly needed players, then we could do with one or 2, then we might get one or two! Lies lies lies

Whats the point of this statement? Its clearly contradicting what he said earlier

We are delighted to have brought Loic Remy to the club in this window and we believe he will form an exciting and effective partnership with Papiss Cisse.

What about Gouffran?
    Joe has worked hard on numerous targets, particularly an additional offensive player. However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already had and there is no point bringing in new players unless they can improve us and take us forward.

"Joe has worked hard"... Has he? Really? What offensive player might this be? We were linked to nobody. "Financial means"... What about TV money? What about money freed up on Perch/Simpson/Harper's wages or were you relying on Cabaye being sold?

You signed Kemen from Metz who is nowhere near the first team. Will he take forward? Not immediately no. How can you say our squad is strong enough when we were decimated by injuries/suspensions last season and the same will happen this year.

We did the majority of our business in the January window, signing five excellent first team players.

Only because of a lack of signings last summer when we were in the shít.
    With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind.

What an utter smack in the face to the fans. "Just get on with it". Fúck you Pardew, fúck you Kinnear and fúck you Ashley.

That_Guy wrote: »
    What about Gouffran?

"Joe has worked hard"... Has he? Really? What offensive player might this be? We were linked to nobody. "Financial means"... What about TV money? What about money freed up on Perch/Simpson/Harper's wages or were you relying on Cabaye being sold?

You signed Kemen from Metz who is nowhere near the first team. Will he take forward? Not immediately no. How can you say our squad is strong enough when we were decimated by injuries/suspensions last season and the same will happen this year.

Only because of a lack of signings last summer when we were in the shít.

What an utter smack in the face to the fans. "Just get on with it". Fúck you Pardew, fúck you Kinnear and fúck you Ashley.

20th richest club in the world, we'd be top ten if in europe. Financial means me hole

20th richest club in the world, we'd be top ten if in europe. Financial means me hole

Llambias was out a while ago boasting about how financially stable and profitable we were. All of a sudden we're poor?!?

*sigh*

That_Guy wrote: »
    Llambias was out a while ago boasting about how financially stable and profitable we were. All of a sudden we're poor?!?

*sigh*

And boasting about the record sponsorship deal, not to mention the massive bump in TV money that has seen 1/2 the clubs in the PL break their transfer records. It a sham of a statement, it completely contradicts what they said 2 weeks ago FFS!

Its an indication of their view of the fans TBH!

Norwich spend 20m+
    Southampton over 30m
    Swansea spent 20m+
    Liverpool spent 45m

You almost want the club to crash and burn just to show these fools how wrong they are. Utterly deplorable individuals and it's no wonder morale is as low as it is. Why would you want to play for these people?

They have as much credibility as this particular individual;

iraqi-information-minister.jpg

I had a feeling Pardew lacked the backbone to stand up to these charlatans and thus it has proved.

And saying there was no-one available that would improve us is utter drivel.

Bony, Caulker, Ince, McCarthy, Lukaku, Thauvin, Osvaldo, van Wolfswinkel are all better options then what we have.

August 23rd:
    "We have to make sure we get one or two transfers over the line before deadline."

Sept 3
    "We did the majority of our business in the January window, signing five excellent first team players.

"With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind."

Another exit, Amalfitano gone on loan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

as a neutral id love to see newcastle get the sort of investment to compete with the top 6.

not looking likely which is suprising seeing as they have a good stadium and fan base

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Well lads, I know I have the reputation for ridiculously optimistic at times when it comes to NUFC - but just wanted to prove that I'm not entirely one sided :pac:

http://tyneti.me/1cPmo4y

Doocey wrote: »
    Well lads, I know I have the reputation for ridiculously optimistic at times when it comes to NUFC - but just wanted to prove that I'm not entirely one sided :pac:

http://tyneti.me/1cPmo4y

I think you have been replaced with a replicant.

I see Sissoko lined out for France but neither Cabaye or Debuchy were selected.

Hopefully everyone comes back in one piece for the Villa game. Happy hunting ground for us usually so would be nice to pick up 1-3 points and forget about that thief in the owners office.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-fc-owner-mike-5916280

Yet the miserable sod is only interested in plundering the club for all it's worth. :mad:

201314-afo-nufc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

201314-afo-nufc.jpg

Alan Pardew will be wearing one tomorrow

I'd actually consider buying the half and half shirt they wore during pre season, that was a stunner of a shirt imo.

1314Newcastle.jpg

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'd actually consider buying the half and half shirt they wore during pre season, that was a stunner of a shirt imo.

1314Newcastle.jpg

yeah, its not bad at all

Pardew saying Remy is fit enough to start.

Wonder if that means Cisse's place is under threat or if he'll go 4-3-3 with Benny on the right and Remy left.

There's a dilemma with Cabaye as well. Is his heart really in it?

Sissoko and Anita have done fine in the middle of the park, I wouldn't be dropping either one of them.

Saylor available for selection but i'd be very annoyed if he came straight in and Yanga is dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Pardew saying Remy is fit enough to start.

Wonder if that means Cisse's place is under threat or if he'll go 4-3-3 with Benny on the right and Remy left.

There's a dilemma with Cabaye as well. Is his heart really in it?

Sissoko and Anita have done fine in the middle of the park, I wouldn't be dropping either one of them.

Saylor available for selection but i'd be very annoyed if he came straight in and Yanga is dropped.

anita behind sissoko and cabaye? remy cisse and benny with the back 4 the same would be what i would like to see,
    yeah its attaching but i think its probably our best team atm unlikely to see that 11 but you never know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Hoping against hope that Anita gets another start tomorrow. Him behind Cabs and Sissoko could be lethal. Then Benny and Rémy on the wings with Cissé up top.

Couple that with Santon and Debuchy as full-backs and there's goals there.

Going to be a very tough game tomorrow, Villa a good side, but vulnerable.

Another 2-1 victory at Villa Park would do me :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement