Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

We ended up closing out the game very effectively after getting back in front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

M5 wrote: »
    We win and Sunderland go bottom, sweet!

HBA eviscerated Villa today

We'll be there for a long time too given the fixtures.

If Ben Arfa stays fit you'll be very comfortable this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

think the second killed villa in fairness after working so hard to equalise,
    good performance from our lads HBA was fantastic kept the ball well today aswell and made some simple passes rather than try to beat his man at times. feel sorry for luna tbf lol,
    early days yet but an important win today and very happy with the performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Biggest plus was the total absence of hoofball. So nice to see us playing on the deck. We were a little sloppy at times and Cisse didn't have a great game but there's plenty there to build on.

Now wrap up HBA in cotton wool. Please. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Very happy with that performance. Ok, we were under severe pressure from the start of the second half and the goal we conceded was awful but there was enough there to keep us in good stead going forward.

Debuchy had a stormer of a game I felt.

Remy/Ben Arfa are one centre forward on form to having one of the best attacking threats (potentially) outside the top 6.

Very happy altogether. The fact that we played it around instead of resorting to hoofing to nobody is refreshing.

Debuchy has played very well since the nightmare at the Etihad it has to be said.

Simon Bird has agreed to come on the True Faith broadcast according to their website. Looking forward to seeing what he has to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I knew we'd beat villa very strong lineup, prob the first in 2 years, wer on the up

kevthegaff wrote: »
    I knew we'd beat villa very strong lineup, prob the first in 2 years, wer on the up

Too early to say but some promising signs, if we beat Hull we'll have 10 points out of 15 and i'd have taken that at the start of the season.

Amazing how much more assured the team looks without the walking disaster areas that are Taylor and Tiote.

• Advertisement

Cabaye: 'If They Are Still Mad, I'm Sorry'
    http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130916/cabaye-if-they-are-still-mad-im-sorry_2281670_3460038

He made a proper fool of himself, will never look at him the same way again and hopefully we get the 20m for him after the world cup

Well i'd frankly i'd rather have Cabaye then not have him so as long as he's committed i'll forgive him and move on.

Have to be pragmatic in this business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Agreed, at a normal club you might be delighted to get 20 million in to re-strenghten. But with the magpies i'd rather have an extra player in the squad than an extra 20 million in ashleys bank account!

We have him for a season anyway, i suppose it gives our esteemed director of football 9 months to source a replacement!

Really hoping for a win tomorrow, be it a scrappy 1-0 or 5-0 humping it really doesn't matter. 10 points from 15 would be quite a nice start indeed and most of us would have taken that when the fixtures were published.

Hopefully Cisse gets a goal, he needs one badly for his confidence.

• Advertisement

Anyone else kinda glad that Saylor is ruled out with a hamstring injury? :pac:

On today, I think we've got more than enough to cause Hull some problems but they looked pretty good against Man City particularly on the break. Wayward shooting was their down fall but we'll need to be careful.

Supposedly (according to Sky anyway) we'll be unchanged which is the right way to go.

The only negative is that Cisse starts. He really needs a goal and badly otherwise I'd drop him for Gouffran who links up really well with Remy imo.

The reception for Cabaye should be interesting. He's here now so it's up to him to win fans back by putting in a shift on the pitch. Didn't think he was particularly brilliant last week personally but hopefully he'll be able to pull a few strings in midfield this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Great start! Hopefully we can push on and get 3 or 4. Been a long time since that's happened at home.

Typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

not much flair from ben arfa yet...

Deservedly ahead but they look like they could get another goal.

Remy and Anita have been excellent. They're so scared of Ben Arfa it's given Remy more room. Sissoko has been sloppy in possession however and Debuchy is getting very little protection which Hull have been exploiting.

• Advertisement

Don't know why I get so optimistic. I really should know at this stage.

Pardew ht motivational failure yet again. How much more of this cretin do we have to endure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Hull City were very good today to be fair.

Saying that, lads underestimated them and I'm not quite sure what Pardew says at half-time, truly baffling.

Time for Cissé to be relegated to the bench too, was pretty horrendous today - bereft of confidence.

One of those results, bad but not quite READING of last year. At times we looked great in possession, lacked direction when we went behind.

Onwards and upwards

Well that was a load of me ball bag. A million miles away from our performance last week.

Hoof hoof hoof which didn't fúcking work.

Subs were very questionable too.

2 great chances 1 decent cisse is a donkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

What team have we out?

krul
    debuchy colo williamson dummett
    anita tiote marv
    sammy cisse gouf
    mccormacks effort that hit the bar was some effort deserved a goal dummett starting well

Cisse having another nightmare

nice header for the goal, sammy put it on a plate tho great cross

• Advertisement

had a power glitch and i missed the goal... who scored etc?

Cisse having another nightmare

got to try this more often!

got to try this more often!

Ha if only it worked,
    Nice ball up the line from drummett, sweet cross from Sammy nice header from cisse,

Just saw a replay, tidy enough

Williamson is out of his depth against Leeds ffs, put him out of his misery

wow

superb strike gouf, although we have been really average all night

cadete wrote: »
    superb strike gouf, although we have been really average all night

very under par, given the remarks at the fan forum i'm not surprised, we are at 70 r 80% here

yeah, there is and will be no ambition from us, really sorry state of affairs, and to tell the fans and players were goin nowhere is amazing

• Advertisement

and thats why your on the banch son

thank god that games over, first half was ok second was utter crap,

Job done, that is all! Home draw would be nice in the next round

Sooo...Man U away or Chelsea away?

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Sooo...Man U away or Chelsea away?

Tbf we have made a balls of things against lower league teams recently. Infuriating. When we had a decent team it was invariably Chelsea away !

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

bring on the man city, hopefully put in a better display than the previous encounter :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

BArra wrote: »
    bring on the man city, hopefully put in a better display than the previous encounter :P

Home or away?

newcastle are home

Hopefully there's a good video of the stadium wide applause at the 11th minute on youtube somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Have to say lads, from what I have seen of Sammy Ameobi in the past few games he has played this season, there could be a future for him at Newcastle after all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement