Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

TaosHum wrote: »
    Have to say lads, from what I have seen of Sammy Ameobi in the past few games he has played this season, there could be a future for him at Newcastle after all.

Naw sorry cant see it, another shola and we will keep him cause hes a local, not up toit at all IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Sammy looks like being a squad player. Perhaps he'll make a fist of it, but i'm not convinced!

Dummet on the other hand looks very handy. That said he has had a full season of first team football already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

I wrote Sammy off after the FA Cup exit to Brighton in January. But since then his decision making has greatly improved, along with his crossing ability.

I'd honestly have him in the team in front Jonas if Remy or HBA are out, simply because he would actually offer some form of threat. He may never be a first team regular, but sadly, he is the best thing Newcastle have produced since Andy Carroll (as sad as I am to say that).

Need to see a bit more of Dummett before I can seriously judge, but he looks promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Dummet looks like a talent I have to say.

jfk-poster.jpg

Class.

Well this thread has been booming lately. :confused:

Can't see us getting much tonight tbh. Everton have started pretty well.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Well this thread has been booming lately. :confused:

Can't see us getting much tonight tbh. Everton have started pretty well.

The clubs stated ambition is to stay in the division and not to bother with the cups, no point to it all any more!

M5 wrote: »
    The clubs stated ambition is to stay in the division and not to bother with the cups, no point to it all any more!

Yeah it's no surprise really i'm not really bothered about tonight either tbh, I doubt i'll even watch it.

I will defo watch tonight hopefully we can get a point, been reading alot of pardews usual bs after beating leeds, its unbelievable how much crap he has been talking after beating a championship side. we were pretty good first half and woefull in the second, another performance like that tonight will see us beaten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

if we keep pards out of the dressing room at H/T we have a good chance!

Dunno what he feeds them or says to them at H/T but our 2nd halfs have been poor ...

• Advertisement

Can see us getting well beaten tonight. Have an awful record at Goodison over the past 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah and with Lukaku there as well reckon he could run riot against us.
    Not looking forward to it at all but will try and catch some of it..... for some sadistic reason

7 points from 6 games(if we lose tonight) has us aiming at the 40-46 points mark. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Is there an argument for moving Santon to RB and giving Dummet a chance, probably the wrong game for it but Debuchy is being targeted non stop by teams now as he is given very little protection. Can see Baines running riot tonight tbh.

Is there an argument for moving Santon to RB and giving Dummet a chance, probably the wrong game for it but Debuchy is being targeted non stop by teams now as he is given very little protection. Can see Baines running riot tonight tbh.

Pardew has said that he wants a settled back 4 so i expect to see the usual back 4 tonight, as for baines yeah he could do alot of damage if given the room but hopefully the benny threat on our right will clip his wings a little and rain in his forward runs

Cisse/Cabaye Dropped

Krul; Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Coloccini , Santon; Anita, Tiote, Sissoko; Gouffran, Remy, Ben Arfa

Subs
    Elliot, Dummett, Williamson, Cabaye, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Cisse

think cabaye has a groin strain so possibly thats the reason hes not starting, hopefully we wont see last seasons tiote with his dodgy backwayd passes
    looking forward to seeing gouf/remy/ben arfa together think that could be our best front 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

About time Cisse was dropped. Hopefully a prolonged time on the bench gives him a swift kick to the bollocks to start working again.

Recycled pre match interview drivel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

That_Guy wrote: »
    About time Cisse was dropped. Hopefully a prolonged time on the bench gives him a swift kick to the bollocks to start working again.

Where's the logic in dropping him right after he's scored? Bizarre decision imo.

• Advertisement

Where's the logic in dropping him right after he's scored? Bizarre decision imo.

Fair point, I'm convinced Pardew if form upsidedown land. He should have been dropped before, even if only for motivational purposes...

Have the panel watched any NUFC games? Talking about HBA needing to track back? He has done consistently this season

He's been quite dreadful bar his goal. This will surely make him hungrier. I personally think Gouff through the middle is a better option at this moment in time.

he should have had a hattrick the other night, 2 really great chances he made a balls of, and tbf the cross from sammy for his goal he couldn have missed correct decision imo gouf deserves his chance

Despite that you cant drop a striker after he breaks his duck, must be soul destroying!

Any manager worth his salt would have addressed that sooner

That_Guy wrote: »
    He's been quite dreadful bar his goal. This will surely make him hungrier. I personally think Gouff through the middle is a better option at this moment in time.

Absolutely, and he should of been dropped before tonight, but you don't drop a striker after he has just broken through a serious dry spell.

Stick with him until he scores and then drop him.. makes no sense at all.

Why weren't we in for Lukaku??? Mind boggles.

Long night ahead of us.

Krul made a balls of that.

• Advertisement

My god this is so easy for Everton it's embarrassing.

Why weren't we in for Lukaku??? Mind boggles.

Long night ahead of us.

Krul made a balls of that.

The ambition is to survive, imagine trying to pitch that to Lukaku while offering him 30% less money than anyone else. Thats why

Is explicit language like this allowed in football commentary now? :p

BBC Radio 5 live's Kevin Kilbane at Goodison Park
    "What a goal. Romelu Lukaku produced a great turn. Ross Barkley then pulled off Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa - his movement was excellent. When you see a goal like that you see what a great English talent Barkley is."

So basically there has been ZERO improvement(Remy aside) from last season.

Same pathetic defending.

Tiote looking utterly clueless.

Sissoko looking wrecked and being brushed off the ball by fellas much smaller then him. Where has his power and strength gone????

Pardew has been saying for ages now we need to tighten up at the back and yet it hasn't happened? What do they work on at the training ground?

Etc, etc, etc, I could go on forever. I'm at the end of my tether with this football club. It's become a chore to be invested in them and it's simply not worth it anymore and I think many supporters are now starting to vote with their feet.

You can tell just from the quietness of this thread that the fans are becoming disillusioned with the club.

Everything that's to be said has been said countless times since the end of 2012. Nothing has changed, so we're just repeating ourselves sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Reading this morning that Pardew feels He's on borrowed time and JFK is waiting in the wings to swoop in as manager

The Master wrote: »
    Reading this morning that Pardew feels He's on borrowed time and JFK is waiting in the wings to swoop in as manager

Pardew under no pressure according to sources at the club yesterday. Sources i'd listen to.

As bad as Pardew is, the thought of that clown is even worse. Perhaps thats the idea?

"I thought Mike Williamson came on and we looked a lot stronger and he has given himself a great chance of featuring at Cardiff."

are we back at that point in the cycle again? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I give up lads, club brings me nothing but heartache.

Duff wrote: »
    I give up lads, club brings me nothing but heartache.

Lol times are bad at the minute but hopefully we will see a change of management soon,
    Also has any1 seen doocey recently? Has an eternal optimist finally cracked?

BVVLUVAIAAANYpt.jpg:largeBVVLwIEIIAA5GQt.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

cadete wrote: »
    Lol times are bad at the minute but hopefully we will see a change of management soon,
    Also has any1 seen doocey recently? Has an eternal optimist finally cracked?

Haha, no I'm still here.

Woeful performance on Monday night - the bright light to come from it? Vurnon Anita again in my book.

Cheick Tioté with another truly awful performance, whatever happened to him I do not know.

Usual craic though lads, there will be better days - we hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

whats SMB??

kevthegaff wrote: »
    whats SMB??

Sad Mackem Ba$t&R6

from the song of the same title!

AP

“Well, I can’t keep any of the people happy any of the time!"

Well try improving team selection, tactics and grow a pair and take criticism on the chin. Your a premier league manager FFS!

• Advertisement

16/1 for us to be relegated a few months back looks awfully juicy about now.

16/1 for us to be relegated a few months back looks awfully juicy about now.

The spin for the next window is starting already too! cant read anything any more without getting annoyed!

The spin for the next window is starting already too! cant read anything any more without getting annoyed!

I've not read a thing tbh, it's too depressing. Even the locals are starting to have enough now i've heard.

cardiff with their home support behind them ... this has defeat written all over it for us

Even if we lose PArdew wont be sacked. If he does Kinnear is certain to take over. Out of the frying pan into the fire! Still not convinced we will survive this season :(

Even if we lose PArdew wont be sacked. If he does Kinnear is certain to take over. Out of the frying pan into the fire! Still not convinced we will survive this season :(

Ah jaysus lads we're not that bad.

When the heads are down we are awful yes, but we haven't made the worst start to be fair.

Lads just need a couple of back to back wins (again) - get the confidence up.

Lot of other teams worse than us in the league!

Doocey wrote: »

When the heads are down we are awful yes, but we haven't made the worst start to be fair.

In fairness doocey we are that bad i honestly think the team have no confidence in the manager, we went through a run of games over xmas and new year last season and sooner or later some1 has got to say enough, how many defeats before he goes? 7 points from 6 games just isnt good enough and we haven't had the worst run of games. The stands will turn bigtime unless we win and win well at the weekend which i cant see, we will be lucky to steal a draw imo

Really have no idea what to expect from tomorrow. We'll be lucky to scrape a draw I reckon.

Doocey wrote: »

We are 16th! Does not get much worse than that! We were massacred by both decent sides we played. Beaten at home by Hull, played the dullest 0-0 home game ever. Other than that its been just dandy!

To make things worse, we have been at pretty close to full strength, no injuries excuse or Europa league excuse. Unfortunately the only conclusion to draw is that we have not improved at all. We actually have less players than last year! Jesus, even Williamson is looking like getting a recall!

• Advertisement

I agree with the suggestions quite a few of the players have lost confidence in Pardew but then all I hear is positives from the players about him, and the way he manages the team.

Honestly though - do people think we are playing better football than last season? I'm of the opinion that we're quite slick, but lack a bit of a cutting edge at the moment.

Anita has changed the team though - but the rest of the French lads seem to go missing when the chips are down which is worrying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement